/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IA forums...?

Ummu Sufyaan
09-24-2009, 11:53 AM
:sl:
is this forum reliable. i just know someone who joined there and want to make sure. i mean i've seen good stuff on it, but the akhlaaq just puts me off...but as long as it's reliable i guess i can pass..btw who are abuz zubair and Abu Najm Muhammad? they seem popular and knowledgeable... but i want to know if they are someone to take knowledge from (i dont mean that to be rude or anything, i just dont know who they are) are they some kind of shiekhs or something. and does IA have good gender segregation rules like they have here?

and also, some advice to advice someone...how can you tell someone to be careful about the knowledge they take from people and especially over the net without seeming overbearing and over protective? because some people are really innocent and think that because a verse/hadith is quoted then whatever that person's saying must be true imsad

allah yahdeena

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
09-24-2009, 12:23 PM
if u look over the rudeness of the brothers then imo u can benifit from some v knowledgable brothers there like the ones you mentioned and others like justabro, abu sabaya and ayman bin khaled..and others

segregation rules good yes..like u cant use emoticons to members of op sex or say stuff like lol etc.

Al-Hanbali
09-24-2009, 12:30 PM
:salamext:

Like all forums, it has it's pros and cons.

Though, in my opinion, I think it is one of the best Islamic forums out there, for a variety of reasons e.g. lots of interesting topics are discussed, there are some students of knoweldge/aspiring students of knoweldge (e.g. Aby Sabaya, justabro, Ayman ibn Khaled, Wild Wild West, Harris Hamdan) etc; it can also be absolutely HILARIOUS sometimes :x

As you mentioned, the 'akhlaaq' can be an issue; it's a lot more crude and brash than family-friendlier forums such as IslamicBoard etc.

Don't know much about Abu Najm, but Abuz Zubair is very knowledgeable mashaAllaah ; he studied abroad for a number of years (hadeeth in Makkah), and for sure, his posts (the more 'academic' ones) do contain a lot of benefit.

Generally speaking, it's great forum with good points as well as bad; however I wouldn't recommend it to everyone though; all of the heated debates and arguing can put a person off.

Ramadhan
09-24-2009, 03:02 PM
what's IA forums?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- IqRa -
09-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Islamic Awakening, if I'm not mistaken.

ardianto
09-24-2009, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Islamic Awakening, if I'm not mistaken.
You are not mistaken, that is Islamic Awakening.

www.islamicawakening.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.