/* */

PDA

View Full Version : nausea whilst driving

IbnAbdulHakim
09-24-2009, 06:49 PM
ok seriously

i been driving 4 years.

4!

and still if i look down and attempt to read something whilst being a passenger driven to a location... I GET DIZZY AND SICK! whats that about? it makes no sense ! I've driven 10 hours no break before, noooo problem!

i wish i could read whilst being driven somewhere :(

anyone overcome this? advice plz

Assalamu Alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Don't read while driving.. if you need directions, then get a GPS system

I too get motion sickness but not in the driver's seat.. I have a remedy for it but you should take it after you are done driving as it will cause sleepiness and drowsiness which can cause accidents!

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
09-24-2009, 07:05 PM
^ im an anti sat-nav man !!

call me old fashioned but i prefer to read maps :D ! it increases your knowledge far more !

whats the remedy? :O

yestserday i came home - felt crazy nausea and slept in 2 seconds

جوري
09-24-2009, 07:06 PM
anyhow here is your remedy..

+

the sharp espresso is for two reasons
1- dramamine causes a d headache and this gets rid of it at least the closest thing I have taken to get rid of a medication induced headache

2- it gets rid of the funny feeling in your stomach as well might cut down the sleepiness from the med.. but I wouldn't count on it...

don't take more than two sips anyway..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
09-24-2009, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
^ im an anti sat-nav man !!

call me old fashioned but i prefer to read maps :D ! it increases your knowledge far more !

whats the remedy? :O

yestserday i came home - felt crazy nausea and slept in 2 seconds
I have felt that way before I purchased one and I have to tell you, it truly is a life saver.. not only does it speak the directions for you and dings where you are to turn, it tells you when to move to a lane, it also gives you points of interest, so in case of emergency you will have instant access to numbers and locations to your rescue. If you miss a direction it will give you alternatives.. I can't imagine anyone being old fashioned about this sort of thing.. it is absolutely brilliant ...:D

Ummu Sufyaan
09-25-2009, 06:39 AM
im exactly the same. try reading with your head at a moderate height. so instead of tilting your head down to read tilt your reading material up to your eye sight. get me? also take breaks from your reading. so when you feel the slightest bit of nausea just look up and around for a bit till the feeling goes away. try opening a window as well...

but seriously, best thing to do is dont read whilst your driving at all...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.