/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Nancy
09-25-2009, 07:31 AM
:sl: everyone, :statisfie

Thanks for the great advice and support.

I feel like the world is a box with people in it and their surroundings being tested by (children, family, life, work, home, money, materialistic things, exams, study, etc) in order to examine and determine their true sincerity of submission to Allah (subhana wa taala). I pray everyday alhamdolellah but I feel like I'm fighting the shaytan just to maintain my status. :exhausted:cry:

Also consider the fact that my responsibilities have increased dramatically as I transitioned from being a student to a working mother remaining a student as I continued my bachelor to an honours course (which is frustrating due to increase in work/study load) this may partly be the reason why I'm fighting is because the pressure has increased and I feel like I'm going to break soon and I can hardly catch my breath .......................I don't want that to happen.

What can I do??

Yours Sincerely Nancy.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IAmZamzam
09-25-2009, 01:23 PM
You should probably see a competent psychiatrist. That's the kind of thing they are there for.

Nancy
09-25-2009, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
You should probably see a competent psychiatrist. That's the kind of thing they are there for.
Why do you say that? I'll be quite frank with you, that's insulting.

Just because people have problems doesn't automatically mean they should see a psychiatrist...................... I assume you have faced millions of problems and conflicts throughout your life, no body's perfect, therefore you should probably consult a psychiatrist and not only that but you must be taking hundreds of anti psychotic pills just to treat your dilemmas! :hmm:

Why the quick judgements??

If you haven't got any useful advice then don't reply at all!!! :D

AnonymousPoster
09-25-2009, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nancy
Why do you say that? I'll be quite frank with you, that's insulting.

Just because people have problems doesn't automatically mean they should see a psychiatrist...................... I assume you have faced millions of problems and conflicts throughout your life, no body's perfect, therefore you should probably consult a psychiatrist and not only that but you must be taking hundreds of anti psychotic pills just to treat your dilemmas! :hmm:

Why the quick judgements??

If you haven't got any useful advice then don't reply at all!!! :D
There is nothing wrong seeking psychiatric help for any number of reasons, and no one here can really assess whether someone is putting themselves on the line out of being suicidal or merely in need of a pep talk from a bunch of strangers? If you find one option strange that is seeking help from folk you don't know, why do you not find the other equally strange seeking help from someone trained to deal with emotional distress?... It is very plausible that one is crying for help publicly and that such a public outcry is more than most board members are prepared to handle... Furthermore, suggesting that all psychiatrists merely dispense with pills 'the anti-psychotic' sort is sheer ignorance on your part, if all that be needed is the distribution of pills, there would really be no need for 8 years of schooling and another four for a residency, when your good old pharm rep. can part with the same? .. who is quickly judging?

You put yourself out on the line and I think his advise is as useful as they get in fact I am rather glad for you that you didn't receive an advise on the hands of a couple of the really ignorant members who enjoy frequenting and dispensing with fatuous advise on this section or perhaps that sort of foothold is exactly the sort you were hoping for?

You can do it? make some du3a? you must abandon all worldliness for the hereafter? you must be wife number three to some 70 year old sheik .. does anyone on board know you well enough to dispense with an insight that will be 100% agreeable and to your satisfaction?..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
09-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi Nancy

Seeing a psychiatrist seems like a rather extreme response to me too.
To my knowledge psychiatrists tend to take the pharmaceutical approach, when other psychological strategies such as counselling or therapies have not worked ...

It sounds to me like there are changes in your life which you are needing to adapt to - and that takes a while!
On top of that these life changes bring with them additional pressures and workload. Again, that needs some time and effort to adjust to.

If you are interested, here is a Life Event Stress Test (Holmes & Rahe Social Readjustment Rating Scale) Perhaps you want to check it out.

Try and find some time for peace and relaxation for yourself.
That may be spiritual - time for prayer, worship and reading; but it may also be quiet time for yourself - walking, physical activity, gardening, crafts ... whatever takes your fancy!
As well as looking after things at home and at work, caring for your children and completing your studies, look after yourself and be kind to yourself!!

Consider whether things are too much for you at this moment in time, and whether something might need to be put on hold (for example take some time out from studying, work less hours etc)

Hope all works out well for you! :)

Alpha Dude
09-25-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm not too keen on the psycho thing either. You don't need counselling from supposed 'professionals' of pseudoscience crap. Muslims have Allah and Islam to turn to for such problems.

You should struggle to place your full trust in Allah to the extent that if allll your worst case scenarios in life were to play out, you stillllll wouldn't feel that Allah has given up for you. You'd still realise that Allah knows what is best for you. Preempt all you bad thoughts in your mind. Make it a "so-what if xyz happens?" Reflect on the fact that Allah is most wise. If bad does happen, you know it's the best thing that is happening to you, for either the sake of your life in this world or the next. So in that way, you'd be submitting to the will of Allah.

Allah is most just. Allah maintains everything. Allah has full wisdom. Allah guides. Allah provides. With all that in mind, a true believer should strive toward not falling into stress/worry and remaining content and patient during any calamity that strikes.

cat eyes
09-25-2009, 07:08 PM
well who said being a mum and studying was going to be easy:) it will be tough for a while but these hard times will pass inshallaah. trust on Allah to take care of everything

Nancy
09-26-2009, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I'm not too keen on the psycho thing either. You don't need counselling from supposed 'professionals' of pseudoscience crap. Muslims have Allah and Islam to turn to for such problems.

You should struggle to place your full trust in Allah to the extent that if allll your worst case scenarios in life were to play out, you stillllll wouldn't feel that Allah has given up for you. You'd still realise that Allah knows what is best for you. Preempt all you bad thoughts in your mind. Make it a "so-what if xyz happens?" Reflect on the fact that Allah is most wise. If bad does happen, you know it's the best thing that is happening to you, for either the sake of your life in this world or the next. So in that way, you'd be submitting to the will of Allah.

Allah is most just. Allah maintains everything. Allah has full wisdom. Allah guides. Allah provides. With all that in mind, a true believer should strive toward not falling into stress/worry and remaining content and patient during any calamity that strikes.
Thanks alpha dude NOW THAT'S EXELLENT ADVICE :statisfie:statisfie:statisfiefrom a true muslim!

Nancy
09-26-2009, 02:21 AM
thankyou cat eyes and glo and alpha dude you have no idea how much you've increased my emaan and taqwa................my husband says he is most pleased with me because he sees better differences in me now.

I have you muslim brothers/ sisters to thank:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:stat isfie

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!