/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The quest for chicken tikka massala

MuslimAgorist
09-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Controversy, it seems, continues to surround this delicious post modern culinary masterpiece from it's origins to it's status in British society. The famous Chicken Tikka Massala, codename: CTM to the initiated, is believed by many to of Pakistani origins, but I was informed when I ordered the dish in San Francisco that it was actually an American invention. No more Pakistani than hamburgers are German. But the prevailing theory it seems is that CTM actually originated in Scotland. Legend has it that a Scotsman (of which no true example exists), upon ordering the chicken tikka at a Pakistani restaurant, complained that dish was too dry, so the owner dumper on a can tomato soup. Then magic occurred. Some consider this account apocryphal, but most agree that the dish is not of purely eastern origin. This has not harmed it's popularity however, as CTM is the most popular dish in almost any Pakistani restaurant. This cross cultural popularity prompted former UK Foreign Secretary Robin Cook to declare CTM Britain's national dish... which has also sparked endless controversy.

Going over my budget I discovered that I spend an exorbitant amount of money on CTM at restaurants. So, I embarked on a quest to unlock the secrets of this ubiquitous dish.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
//-Asif-\\
09-26-2009, 05:44 AM
LOL. The lengths people will go for desi food.

glo
09-26-2009, 01:36 PM
I like the sound of the recipe and will give it a try sometime.

Is that you own article, MuslimAgorist?

Tony
09-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Nafeez on Otley road Undercliffe Bradford. Chicken Tikka Massala, or off the bone is best I ever had from Takeaway. Still researching the best sit down at the moment;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
09-26-2009, 05:12 PM
This is my FAVORITE dish, by the way...

al Iskander
09-26-2009, 06:50 PM
:sl:

It is possible that several persons , in several places , had the same idea at the same time .
Perhaps it is the case of the chicken tikka massala .:hmm:

We attribute the origine of pastry to Marco Polo . Forget that . We found recipes of pastry old of 4000 years in Babylon . They were know by Roman and they existed in Moslem Andalusia .

It has been ages since I ate of chicken massala , perhaps since my journey in Pakistan .:p

Khayal
09-30-2009, 10:16 PM

Wow, I was looking for a CTM recepi, and tried it one time, but the taste was not as good as it should have been, I'll try with this recipe.....If it becomes tasty, I'll share the picture here...thanks

:wa:

Beardo
09-30-2009, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jharna

Wow, I was looking for a CTM recepi, and tried it one time, but the taste was not as good as it should have been, I'll try with this recipe.....If it becomes tasty, I'll share the picture here...thanks

What am I gonna do with pictures? I want th ereal thing.

Khayal
09-30-2009, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
What am I gonna do with pictures? I want th ereal thing.
Then you should try by yourself....or ask your mother/ Sister to make it for you, your Sister, " me ," is very far from you.. :)

Cabdullahi
09-30-2009, 10:25 PM
someone please make this wrap it in foil and stick in the post my address is.............PM me for the details that would better

Khayal
11-13-2009, 10:56 PM

Yesterday I tried to make CTM, and Alhamdulilaah, I made it perfectly, I saw atleast 4/5 recipes in the internet, including this one, and selecedt the ingredients, which I thought should be good for the recipie, and added two major thing, which they didn't tell in the recipe....and I got the RIGHT RECIPE, Alhamdulilaah....

I will give the recipe, If anyone needs it...but I will write on request..InshaAllaah..

Here is the pic of my CTM...

MuslimAgorist
11-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Awesome. That looks yum. What did you add?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.