/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can't Recite Qur'an correctly

AnonymousPoster
09-26-2009, 02:51 AM
I've been reciting Qur'an with TAJVID for years now. I quite easily and correctly used to pronounce "ع" and "ح" but since last week I've not been pronouncing these two words from throat (as these should be pronounced) even though I've tried my best. Because of this problem I've stopped reciting Qur'an. I went to a doctor and he has assured me that there's no problem with my throat. What exactly is the problem? Is it black magic? Any help?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-26-2009, 05:24 AM
I think it is lack of practice.. try mouthing out various words that use those two consonants and with time you should be OK insha'Allah..

:w:

//-Asif-\\
09-26-2009, 05:36 AM
Yeah just listen to recitations of it and listen closely than mimic. Either way, just try your best and you'll do fine. Have you ever read this hadith?

"Verily the one who recites the Qur'an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have twice that reward."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim, Agreed upon]

Snowflake
09-26-2009, 01:35 PM
:sl: - Bi idhnillah this dua will benefit you sis/bro

رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِنْ لِسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي

Rabb-ishrah ii sadri, wa yassir li 'amri, Wah-lul 'uqdatam-mil-li-saani, Yaf-qahuu qawlii

O my Lord! Expand me my breast; Ease my task for me; And remove the impediment from my speech, so they may understand what I say
[Surah Ta-Ha; 20:25-28

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
happy
09-26-2009, 01:41 PM
It may be test for you so keep practising and never give up even me i sometimes find hard to pronounce but remember practice makes perfect.

Caller الداعي
09-26-2009, 01:59 PM
maybe u should sit with a qari in the masjid hell help u inshallah ! and i wouldnt go as far as to say magic even though our ppl tend to blame any small problem on magic!! weird

DigitalStorm82
09-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Don't stop just because you cant pronounce it properly...

Try your best...

Allah rewards more who struggle in reading the Quran than people who can easily read it.

Mosleh
09-26-2009, 10:56 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

كتاب: ساعد نفسك في قراءة القرآن الكريم - بالإنجليزية لغير العرب - الأجانب

Help Yourself In Reading Holy Quran Arabic - English

الكتاب
Qari Abdussalam
Language: English
Format: PDF
Pages: 64
Size: 8 MB

الكتاب مرشد لتعليم اللغة العربية للأجانب هو يعلم أساسيات اللغة الحروف
والمقاطع والحركات وينتقل رويدا رويدا لأتقان القراءة بدون معلم.

الكتاب يهدف إلى إيصال الدارس لقراءة القرآن بدون معلم. وعند تصفحة ترى أن المؤلف له منهج فريد في تعليم أساسيات اللغة العربية.

It is a guide for learning to read the Arabic of the
Qur'an in a simple way through transliteration without
a teacher. After mastering this guide , one will be able
to read Qur'an without any difficulties.

http://rapidshare.com/files/12012796...dHQ-ArbEng.rar

أو

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PQHQE17S
I found this book in the internet ^^
Dont give up and keeb asking allah to make you a good reader ..

AnonymousPoster
09-27-2009, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
:sl: - Bi idhnillah this dua will benefit you sis/bro

رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِنْ لِسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي

Rabb-ishrah ii sadri, wa yassir li 'amri, Wah-lul 'uqdatam-mil-li-saani, Yaf-qahuu qawlii

O my Lord! Expand me my breast; Ease my task for me; And remove the impediment from my speech, so they may understand what I say
[Surah Ta-Ha; 20:25-28
I cannot pronounce Haa and Aain when I recite Qur'an but it is amazing that I can recite this verse quite easily with correct pronunciation of Haa and Aain. :hmm:

Snowflake
01-28-2010, 05:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I cannot pronounce Haa and Aain when I recite Qur'an but it is amazing that I can recite this verse quite easily with correct pronunciation of Haa and Aain. :hmm:
:sl: Hamdulillah. Have you asked someone to listen to you? It maybe you are reciting it correctly, but are suffering from waswas?

Ask someone who knows tajweed to listen to you first.

If you are pronunciation of the two letters you mentioned is incorrect, then persevere as it is not your intention to mispronounce them. The prophet (saw) said actions are judged by intentions. Allah, subhana wa ta 'ala is Merciful and Forgiving. Whatever you do, don't stop reciting al Quran. The shaytaan hates patience and perseverance fi sabilillah. Also remember to make ta'awuz and tasmiyah before you begin recitation. Sometimes, I'm so eager to start I forget to seek protection from Allah against the shaytaan. InshaAllah persevere and your problem will soon disappear. :)

:wa:

syilla
01-28-2010, 07:56 AM
salams...

I think is okay if you have tried your best. Because I've known some javanese that can't pronouce it properly since their languange has trained their pronounciation differently. And also i've know some chinese who can't pronounce the letter 'ro' so they pronounce it as 'lam'. But i've been told that if you can't pronouce it in the right way (eventhough you have tried your best) you can't be the iman... Is this true?

cat eyes
01-28-2010, 03:40 PM
:sl: you need lots and lots of practice :) and asK Allah to make it easy on you. if Allah knows how much effort your putting in to it. he will do the rest :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.