/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I talk to this girl?

AnonymousPoster
09-26-2009, 05:45 AM
:sl:
I have had the pleasure of knowing a wonderful girl since freshman year in high school. I am a freshman in college and we both go to the same school in Chicago. Masha'allah, she is very religious and I always see her at all the prayers at school. I have been in love with her for the past couple of years and I was just wondering if I could talk to her. I have talked to her before but never about anything this important. I want talk to her about a possible relationship. Is this Haram? I know that to get married I have to talk to her guardian. But can we just talk?
Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
09-26-2009, 05:52 AM
Sorry, I also forgot to mention that I know that I want to marry her. I just don't want to let her get away.
Thanks Again.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-26-2009, 07:25 AM
:sl:
i dont mean to sound harsh, but don't get involved, you may both get hurt.

how do you know that either of your families will agree to one another. I've heard/seen it so many times where each party get emotionally involved only to be rejected and it always ends in tears...

if you already have feelings for her without much interaction, then talking to her an getting to know her will only result in digging a hole for yourself that you may not be able to get out of. i mean look at the way you describe your feelings for her and how you want to act on them? realistically, is it really going to end with "getting to know her?"

Sorry, I also forgot to mention that I know that I want to marry her.
why don't you approach her family instead of her? what is the point in that? fathers don't like young men to talking to their daughters (no offense)...not to mention that you may get her in trouble as well.

I just don't want to let her get away.
the concept of talking to people so that they don't get way is flawed because it is up to the other person to choose whether to marry you or not...just because you talk to them, etc is doesn't guarantee that the 2 of you will get married.

bottom line: if you like her, go do it the proper way.

'Abd-al Latif
09-26-2009, 01:36 PM
If you have a sister, why don't you ask her to talk to her on your behalf?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.