/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why many ppl dislike Islam?

ahmed_indian
09-26-2009, 07:17 AM
:sl:

do we ever think why many dislike Islam.

maybe bcoz it calls for sacrifices like praying 5 times a day and giving zakat. but we forget the reward...Paradise.

also Islam exposes our wrong ways, evil self which makes us arrogant instead of changing our bad habits like drinking and backbiting.

the shaitan and lower self (nafs) launches full attack on message of truth when it tries to enter the heart because these two idiots know that once Islam enters mind, heart and soul...they will be forced to vacant the place.

may Allah guide us to His path and do not stop His Mercy reaching us due to our sins.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
YusufNoor
09-26-2009, 11:57 AM
:sl:

do we ever think why many dislike Islam

ABSOLUTELY!

and the answer is....................

Muslims!?:phew

:wa:

Danah
09-26-2009, 12:45 PM
^ ditto

Not All of them of course, but those who are not following "exactly" what Islam teaches hence show a wrong image of Islam.

Another reason will be brainwashing done by "MEDIA" >>> the evil root of most of problems nowadays

May Allah save us

_PakistaN_
09-26-2009, 06:45 PM
from my point of view and most others.... Media.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
09-26-2009, 06:53 PM
^
I agree to some extend.

I think many people dislike Islam because of the negative news stories they hear. To some extend that's because of how the media report, but to another extend because there are some Muslims who give the media reason to report negative news!

Negative news cause people not to want to go out and meet real Muslims - and because they don't meet real Muslims face to face, they cannot build a more realistic view of them.

The same is true of other groups of people too ... when we dare to go out and meet each other, we often realise that we are not so different after all; that there are good and bad amongst us, whoever we are; and that we share the same humanity!

Somaiyah
09-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Salam,
I hated Islam before because I didn't know much about it. All I knew was what my family had taught me; that it was the Devil's religion and all Muslims have a demon inside of them. Now I am a Muslim alhamdulillah, but my family still believe the mentioned stuff because they are very strongly Christians. Then we have the ones who say all Muslims are like the talibans, or all Muslims hit women, or all Muslims do "honour killings". They say all are like this or that as if all are the same without seeing every individual person. And lack of studies of Islam at schools and of course media makes people know less and believe in false information and again say all Muslims do this or that and not just some. And I know many who are scared and say things to prevent themselves from it, like the demon thing, they don't even want to come close to it and hate it to prevent themselves from coming near it. And people with bad experiences from maybe one person who called himself a Muslim make this into all Muslims was like this person. And as long as nothing changes in this I believe it will keep on going like this probably...

جوري
09-26-2009, 09:14 PM
I am not sure people preoccupy themselves with active hatred toward a philosophy or a school of thought or whatever, but I think the media has done a fine job of engraving it into the minds of people with something like 911, so that even a simple thing like dialing your phone to call an ambulance is a reminder of a heinous act.. it was very well calculated by the folks who orchestrated it.. so Islam to them is akin to the KKK or some horrible abomination.. but at the same time it served as an impetus to get normal every day people to learn about this religion and those who honestly query find themselves embracing it.. In fact I believe there were more conversions to Islam after 911 than before it.. and it takes me to this verse from the Quran..

9:32 Fain would they extinguish Allah's Light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow but that His Light should be perfected, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).

Danah
09-26-2009, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I am not sure people preoccupy themselves with active hatred toward a philosophy or a school of thought or whatever, but I think the media has done a fine job of engraving it into the minds of people with something like 911, so that even a simple thing like dialing your phone to call an ambulance is a reminder of a heinous act.. it was very well calculated by the folks who orchestrated it.. so Islam to them is akin to the KKK or some horrible abomination.. but at the same time it served as an impetus to get normal every day people to learn about this religion and those who honestly query find themselves embracing it.. In fact I believe there were more conversions to Islam after 911 than before it.. and it takes me to this verse from the Quran..

9:32 Fain would they extinguish Allah's Light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow but that His Light should be perfected, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).
^ true, I remember reading an interesting statistic of conversions to Islam in US only after 911. SubhanAllah!
Those who found true sources embraced Islam and those who found some anti-islamic material to read end up being Islam hatred

and I remember hearing a talk by Sheikh Mohammed Al 3rifi if you heard about him telling the story of two German young men that told him that there reason to revert to Islam was Bush!! lol they said that he was talking about Islam in one of his political talks and they were interested about that new word they heard, then they searched around about it ending up being Muslims. SubhanAllah!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.