/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chechnya - The Forgotten :(

mahfuja
09-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Please take out 5 minutes to read this insha'Allah and while you're reading keep in mind the words of our Prophet salAllah hu alaihi wasallam who said that the Muslim Ummah is like one body, if one part is in pain then the whole body aches.

This Ramadhan let us remember in our sincere duaa our forgotton, dare I say our unknown Brothers and Sisters who are suffering day in day out in Chechnya. Sadly alot of us either have little knowledge or are unaware of what is happening in Chechnya, unfortunately some of us have no clue what/where Chechnya is! That is not our fault at all, as we rely on the media to feed us information on wordly affairs and due to the media blackout in Chechnya it makes it a very difficult place to report from. But that doesn't mean to say there is no reliable sources of information out there :)

Very briefly: Chechnya has been in a state of war for more than 200 years ! The Chechens live in poverty and in fear while also being completely cut out of the political process, they remain in constant threat of arbitrary violence, torture and imprisonment! [Like I said this is the very minimum description of the situation]

Thus I believe it is vital that we all learn and increase our knowledge about our Chechen Brothers and Sisters so that we can create awareness among the public and make it a popular topic to be discussed insha'Allah. We have to realise and comprehend that YES we have Brothers and Sisters undergoing immense hardship in a Land called Chechnya and YES we insha'Allah will try and do something about it.

Our Beloved Rasool [peace be upon him] said If we see injustice or opression we must stop it with our hands and if that is not possible we must speak out against it!

First and foremost spreading awareness about the situation in Chechnya is a priority and therefore I ask you all tagged or not tagged [there's a limit to tagging, sorry if I didn't tag you] to copy and paste this message and spread it along [facebook/messages/emails/forums etc] and feel free to add/remove any bits.

JazakAllah khair, insha'Allah you and your families had a blessed Ramadhan and reaped immense rewards :)

If you want to read up more on Chechnya:
Websites:
- http://www.chechnyapeaceforum.com/si...blications.php

- http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnkYo9TuBIQ

Books:
- Literature by Anna Politkovskaya

- http://www.chechnyapeaceforum.com/site/books.php

Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord; [3:169]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
09-29-2009, 05:55 AM
in Malaysia, during ramadhan nights some imams said prayers for those in "sheeshan" (which is chechnya)..

kawaiigardiner
10-01-2009, 02:35 AM
I think the saddest part about the war in Chechnya - the Islam practiced was peaceful and tolerant; with the ideological extremist propaganda being pushed by Saudi Arabia when combined to the never ending war, a ugly extremism is rearing its ugly head in Chechnya.

Maryan0
10-01-2009, 02:53 AM
The sad thing is that you barely hear about the struggles of chechen people, inshAllah i'll remember them in my prayers.
salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kawaiigardiner
10-01-2009, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
The sad thing is that you barely hear about the struggles of chechen people, inshAllah i'll remember them in my prayers.
salam
Unfortunately the news would rather focus on cheap trivial topics like Britney Spears lack of decorum in public than putting the spot light on issues such as the war in Chechnya, ethnic cleansing occurring in Sudan or the human rights abuses in Iran, Saudi Arabia and numerous other countries claiming to be 'Islamic' (but their behaviour being far from it).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.