Bub
09-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Hope u all enjoy this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMM0xFls_h0

Alhamudlilah! :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Humbler_359
09-27-2009, 12:16 AM
:sl: Sister :sl:,

Insha'Allah, it is GREAT! However, I couldn't understand language of BSL, I know ASL only. :cry:

Could you please interpreter (in short summary) for me?

Bub
09-27-2009, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359

Insha'Allah, it is GREAT! However, I couldn't understand language of BSL, I know ASL only. :cry:

Alhamudlilah! OK i will write it down every words they say and then i will type it up for you brother later insha'Allah as im going to sleep now so tried... here is nearly half past one ish in morning. Wassalam :D

p.s. dont be cry, take ur time to learn british language sign by step and step i would be recommended you to watch it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31xcU...453967&index=3 and the rest insha'Allah

ardianto
09-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Masha'Allah. That's a great service for deaf in Britain.

Unfortunately, maybe this service is not applicable in Indonesia.
Although Indonesia has a standard sign language (SIBI) that same as ASL, many Indonesian deaf are not 'speak' in SIBI but in many different sign languages.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bub
09-27-2009, 05:26 PM

Assalaam brother again! I wrote it down so hope you enjoying what they says :D insha'Allah!

Asian lady in a blue cardigan says "Fridays are important for Muslim people where imam lectures about Islamic but deaf muslim people didnt understand but finally British sign language interpretation come so deaf muslim can gain understanding in their religious so SEE HEAR come to Whitechapel mosque to inspector the organize.

A white lady in a red top says lots of Muslim deaf didn't involved due to lack of their understanding. A brother in a black shirt with a white tie says we do not understand about Islamic bec we are deaf, its WRONG AND RUBBISH muslim brothers and sisters cheers!

A white brother with glasses wearing a dark blue shirt says BSL inter provides in mosque is so AMAZING and now knows what Imam talk about during Fridays prayers

A muslim family, a father said "eat?" and he says his children are deaf and always ask him lot of questions about imam and islamic. BSL interpret is solve the problem so kids can understand in islamic and mother says it is so EXCITING and so kids can gain knowledge in islamic.

A white lady in a red top says 200 or more people are coming bec of the new service, men and women are separate in prayer room.

A brother with beard and wearing black jacket says he feel so PROUD because of mosque have service for deaf brothers and sisters, they were suffer for not know about Islamic expect with a new service and they are pretty happy with result.

A brother with a blue shirt called Saynil Khan says muslims brothers and sisters (in different room) sit down and listen to Imam and, when time is up, Imam lectures and Interpet explains what He says.

A brother in a black jacket and a white shirt says he is so PROUD and Imam is speaking slowly so Interpret can listen and nick the informations very well
to deaf brothers and sisters.

A sister with a brown hijab says its FABULOUS and my son now feel more involved and know what is going on. A other sister with brown hijab and glasses says she dont have like that service in her home local so she always come to London every month to learning about islamic.

A sister stands up, wearing brown and black clothes and hijab says its so GOOD and its FIRST time for deaf service in mosque, share the information so they can sit down and feel comfortable with hearing sisters.

A brother wearing black/ white tie (the same person as previous) says he feel so GOOD and very interesting as its never happen before and finally for the service.

A sister with her family in park says she is pleased and her son in a red top says he always felt so BORED and LEFT OUT when imam speaking, but now he is pleased with service and "HAPPY". His father says its so important to learning and part of the community

Asian lady in a blue cardgian says its WONDERFUL and hopefully every mosque have service like that in UK in the future.

The end

Did i explain well?? If u do not undy, pls TELL me

all the best

Bub
09-27-2009, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Masha'Allah. That's a great service for deaf in Britain.

Unfortunately, maybe this service is not applicable in Indonesia.
Although Indonesia has a standard sign language (SIBI) that same as ASL, many Indonesian deaf are not 'speak' in SIBI but in many different sign languages.

Awwww! how many are deaf Muslim out there in Indonesia? Maybe u can speak to local mosque to ask for the service 4 deaf muslim?? All the best

nebula
09-27-2009, 05:32 PM
mashAllah this is very good !

Bub
09-27-2009, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
mashAllah this is very good !
yeah brother, All thanks and praise be to Allah swt, when i went to mosque, i always felt left out and bored, now thing is getting better and better! Its as if Allah bring light for deaf people in darkness, masha'Allah!

Humbler_359
09-27-2009, 11:45 PM
:sl: brother and sister,

Did anyone heard about Global Deaf Muslim (GDM) ?

This organization will surely try their best to provide interpreters and deaf meeting, there will be a huge event coming in Dubai where all deaf Muslims coming there and understand more about Islam.:statisfie

ardianto
09-28-2009, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bub
Awwww! how many are deaf Muslim out there in Indonesia? Maybe u can speak to local mosque to ask for the service 4 deaf muslim?? All the best
I don't know how many deaf Muslims in Indonesia. And not in every mosque you can find a deaf Muslims. Indonesia is a Muslim country with many many many mosques. Of course, we cannot give a service for deaf in every mosque.

And the main problem is, Indonesian deaf 'speak' in many different languages, depend on school where they learn. I remember when govt TV gave a service for the deaf in news program, many Indonesian deaf complained because they did not understand that sign language.

Bub
09-29-2009, 08:51 AM
:sl: brother and sister,

Did anyone heard about Global Deaf Muslim (GDM) ?

This organization will surely try their best to provide interpreters and deaf meeting, there will be a huge event coming in Dubai where all deaf Muslims coming there and understand more about Islam.:statisfie
Masha'Allah, i want to go to Dubai but didnt think my school wont let me have days off :hmm: maybe i can speak to my parents about it

I don't know how many deaf Muslims in Indonesia. And not in every mosque you can find a deaf Muslims. Indonesia is a Muslim country with many many many mosques. Of course, we cannot give a service for deaf in every mosque.

And the main problem is, Indonesian deaf 'speak' in many different languages, depend on school where they learn. I remember when govt TV gave a service for the deaf in news program, many Indonesian deaf complained because they did not understand that sign language.
Fair enough and if i was you, i would write a surrevy questionniare to deaf people and ask what is the most sign language used in Indonesia or contact home office in indonesia... didnt there have deaf club or something like that? :D mayb its a lot of work?? :hmm:

ardianto
09-29-2009, 04:36 PM

Fair enough and if i was you, i would write a surrevy questionniare to deaf people and ask what is the most sign language used in Indonesia or contact home office in indonesia... didnt there have deaf club or something like that? :D mayb its a lot of work?? :hmm:
Indonesian deaf Club ?
GERKATIN / Gerakan untuk kesejahteraan tunarungu Indonesia (Movement for Indonesian deaf prosperousness)
One of their program is create a standard sign language for Indonesian deaf.

But another problem for Indonesian deaf is, many deaf are come from poor families. Their parents cannot afford to pay study fees in school for deaf. Deaf people like this usually create their own sign language. I know one of them, he often work in my house. He 'speaks' in his own sign language. Luckily, I understand his sign language.

Humbler_359
09-29-2009, 04:42 PM
:sl: brother,

I understood what you mean. Mostly Deaf school are sponsored by government (ie UK, Canada, USA, Saudi Arabia.....)

I think, your deaf school should be support by your country, it would be useful instead parents pay all fees and study.

What's called sign language in Indonesia? ISL?

ardianto
09-29-2009, 05:25 PM
:sl: brother,

I understood what you mean. Mostly Deaf school are sponsored by government (ie UK, Canada, USA, Saudi Arabia.....)

I think, your deaf school should be support by your country, it would be useful instead parents pay all fees and study.

What's called sign language in Indonesia? ISL?
Not every deaf school are sponsored by government, and deaf schools are only in certain cities. And this becomes a problem because parents must pay accommodation fee for their kids.
Govt care to the blinds, I see many poor blinds can study in blind schools. But, does govt also cares to the deaf ?. I don't know.

Sign language in Indonesia is SIBI / Sistem Isyarat Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian language, sign system). Modified from ASL.

Bub
09-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Indonesian deaf Club ?
GERKATIN / Gerakan untuk kesejahteraan tunarungu Indonesia (Movement for Indonesian deaf prosperousness)
One of their program is create a standard sign language for Indonesian deaf.

But another problem for Indonesian deaf is, many deaf are come from poor families. Their parents cannot afford to pay study fees in school for deaf. Deaf people like this usually create their own sign language. I know one of them, he often work in my house. He 'speaks' in his own sign language. Luckily, I understand his sign language.
Oh, may Allah guide them and i found this from google, http://www.jicafriends.net/archives/...ional_d_2.html
didnt u go to there or...? is it far away from where u live. Alhamdulilah u understand what he says, mostly people do not. Very intresting... why cant u setting a small community for deaf people? Isnt it expensive in Indonesian? what do u want to do in the future?? :D

ardianto
10-01-2009, 05:48 AM
Oh, may Allah guide them and i found this from google, http://www.jicafriends.net/archives/...ional_d_2.html
didnt u go to there or...? is it far away from where u live. Alhamdulilah u understand what he says, mostly people do not. Very intresting... why cant u setting a small community for deaf people? Isnt it expensive in Indonesian? what do u want to do in the future?? :D
Thanks for the link, sister. That is very beneficial information.
However, the deaf who works in my family is not youth but almost 50. He has works in my family more than 15 years.
People understand his sign language because his sign language is simple, like pantomime. And when I talk to him, I let him sees my face, then I talk slowly and move my hands if need. He cannot hear my voice, of course, but he can 'reads' my lip.

Back to deaf service in East London Mosque. That is a great service that help the deaf understand what is the khatib says. However, when we talk to the deaf, is better if we let them read our lips. We can use our hands if needed.

I will not setting a small community for deaf people because it will makes them feel like abnormal people. Deaf people don't need a compassion, but they need opportunities for study, work and live like other people. They cannot hear voices but they can work like us. Even they can make good results in their jobs.

People say, if we want to work as salesman we must good in speaking. That is means a deaf cannot works as a salesman because deaf usually mute too. But, believe it or not, I have meet two deaf mute salesmen. :sunny:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.