/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This has upset me :(

Snowflake
09-27-2009, 12:21 AM
:sl: I'm feeling so miserable :cry: I was memorising surah al-Kahf as al-Shatri recites it but I heard we are not allowed to copy reciters and should have our own style? I agree as a beginner I can make mistakes but what about when I'm fluent? I feel so sad as even though it wasn't my own style I did recite it and feel it from my heart and I could've stopped until I was correct in my tajweed. But I was told it's wrong regardless. I feel devastated imsad Did I misunderstand or is it really true?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-27-2009, 01:02 AM
im sure the person who told you that only did so in order to encourage you to learn it with correct tajweed.

most recitations i learn are ibrahim al jibreel style... and i ALWAYS check my tajweed with the Quran and a teacher.

so its all good inshAllah

Assalamu Alaikum

Muhaba
09-27-2009, 05:04 AM
No that is not true. At the masjid where I learn, there are many ppl who memorize and recite in the style of the qari they listen to & no one has told them that. I personally love to recite in Abdul Basit style but also want my own style. I think you get ur own style after you memorize?

Rasema
09-27-2009, 05:18 AM
:sl:

I would get frusturated about different accents.

In my country we are thaught DH to be a Z. Sometimes I even listen to the naitive recitors and they sound different!

It still frusturates me.

But,MashAllah, they all sound great. Yasir Al Dosary is my favorite.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
09-27-2009, 07:05 AM
who is the person who told you this?

Eric H
09-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Scents of Jannah;

I am so sorry to hear you are being troubled, but just a thought.

Ok there are a billion Muslims, just that huge number means you must be virtually the same as thousands if not millions of others. Some things we just have to accept and try our best, and if you feel it from your heart, then where is Allah, if he is not in your heart.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding

Eric

Danah
09-27-2009, 07:15 AM
That strange!!
Who is the person that told you that? What is his/her proof ?

Snowflake
09-28-2009, 12:57 AM
:sl: I had no idea my post had been approved and had been waiting for a PM lol. Thank you immensely for your replies everyone. Alhumdulillah, they have really soothed my heart.:statisfie I don't want to say who told me because they did it with the best intention and obviously also had been told wrong, or it could be me who might have misunderstood them. Anyway, I'm just so happy now lol so no worries. Jazakumullah Khayrun all. :)

Hi Eric,

It's not that I need to recite in that particular style to feel God in my heart. Praise be to Him, I am aware of Him even when I'm nowhere near the Quran. It's just that, the recital of Abu Bakr a-Shatri in Surah al-Kahf is one of the most amazing I've heard in my life and that is exactly how I want to memorize it. InshaAllah.

If you listen to it, you'll see what I mean :)

http://quranicaudio.com/quran/3 (surah #18)

Peace.

Eric H
09-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Blessings and peace be with you Scents of Jannah;

It's not that I need to recite in that particular style to feel God in my heart. Praise be to Him, I am aware of Him even when I'm nowhere near the Quran.
You are very blessed.
It's just that, the recital of Abu Bakr a-Shatri in Surah al-Kahf is one of the most amazing I've heard in my life and that is exactly how I want to memorize it. InshaAllah.

I have listened to a couple of Surah, although I cannot unhderstand them, they have a beauty.:sunny:

In the spirit of praying to the same one God despite all our differences.

Eric

Cabdullahi
09-28-2009, 07:42 PM
a tad too sensitive/emotional? , you gotta toughen up aunty and juhany is a good recitor by the way

Snowflake
09-28-2009, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Blessings and peace be with you Scents of Jannah;Hi Eric,

You are very blessed.

I have listened to a couple of Surah, although I cannot unhderstand them, they have a beauty.:sunny:

In the spirit of praying to the same one God despite all our differences.

Eric
Hi Eric,

Praise be to Allah, for His mercy and blessings, and thank you words and for listening and enjoying al-Quran. You can listen with translation too. :) I don't understand arabic either but my soul understands it lol :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
a tad too sensitive/emotional? , you gotta toughen up aunty and juhany is a good recitor by the way
Lol goway! I don't want to toughen up. No amount of emotion is enough when it comes to my beloved Quran *sniffs* One day I'll be a hafidha and I'll recite it for my future-spouse every single day inshaAllah. *goes emotional again* I can't wait to be a hafidha :cry:Please make dua for me inshaAllah.

P.S. I'll listen to juhany but have you heard al-Shatri's recital of Surah Kahf? :?

Cabdullahi
09-28-2009, 09:06 PM
inshallah you'll be a robust hafidha if you put in work and you toughen up ameen

i'll listen to sh, shatri

juhainy : http://quranicaudio.com/stream.m3u/125

Rabi'ya
09-28-2009, 09:18 PM

I use Sheikh Shatri for aiding my memorisation. I play the CD in the car. Alhamdulillah ifind his recitation very clear and my daughter absolutely loves his style. she even copies him. its cute mashAllah.

I had too heard that copying some other recitors style is not good. However, I feel that how are we supposed to learn and its a natural process to learn by copying. surely tajweed is much more important and as another poster said, once you beocome more fluent and confident you will develop your own style inshAllah.

Pk_#2
09-28-2009, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
One day I'll be a hafidha and I'll recite it for my future-spouse every single day inshaAllah. *goes emotional again* I can't wait to be a hafidha :cry:Please make dua for me inshaAllah.
That is ADORABLE! And YOU are adorable sis, :wub:

May Allaah help fulfil your dream and make it easy for you, Aameen,

P.s it's ok to be emotional!

Silver Pearl
09-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Allaahu'3llam whether you're allowed to listen to a reciter and imitate their voice but in Qur'aan class the teacher would always drill into our heads to listen to one and read as he reads. That is how one learns tajweed...

May Allaah make hifdhul Qur'aan easy for you and make you amongst those who safe guard its hukm and hikm, Aameen.

Snowflake
09-29-2009, 10:35 AM
:sl: lol wow you all are sooo kind mashaAllah.. made my tears come out again lol :X

Abdullahi, I listened, and although every recitation is beautiful for what it contains and I love all those who love the Book of Allah and beautify their voices for it but as for al-Kahf, I find Shatri's style more soothing than Juhainy's. :shade:

Sis Rabi'ya, I loved your post for obvious reasons lol :statisfie. Your daughter sounds so cute mashaAllah. May Allah make you both hafidhas, and raise your ranks to the highest Paradise reciting al-Quran. Ameen

Pk lol thank you sis. May Allah love you and bless you with a better hubby than you could ever dream of. Ameen!!!

JazakiAllah and ameen for your beautiful duaa sis Pearl. May Allah bless you with the same and more than that inshaAllah. Ameen *sniffs* lol

Not forgetting the kindness of those who repped me words of comfort and their duaas. May Allah bestow His Kindness and Mercy on you, ameen, and may the Word of Allah reside in our hearts and on our tongues and raise us reciting it to His Paradise in the Here-After. Ameen. :cry:

Cabdullahi
09-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Abdullahi, I listened, and although every recitation is beautiful for what it contains and I love all those who love the Book of Allah and beautify their voices for it but as for al-Kahf, I find Shatri's style more soothing than Juhainy's. :shade:

huh? aargh! mmm......m.....my heart hurts i think its broken imsad

suit yourself!!!!

- IqRa -
09-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Muhammad Al Luhaidan - Surah Rahman
Abu Bakr Ash Shatri - Surah Mulk

MashaAllaah...SubhanAllaah...That's all I have to say...

Snowflake
09-29-2009, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
huh? aargh! mmm......m.....my heart hurts i think its broken imsad

suit yourself!!!!

^ Oh! An even more of a reason to listen to the soothing recital of al-Shatri now! lol :D

Al-Hanbali
09-29-2009, 12:50 PM
There's nothing wrong in trying to copy a particular recitors style/tune/rhythm; however you shouldn't copy their voice. Use your own voice, with whicever style you like. Obviously, take care of tajweed.

Rabi'ya
09-29-2009, 07:57 PM

May Allah realise your dream of becoming hafidha inshAllah....ameen

Please remember me in ur duaas please. I really wanna become hafidha too even if it takes me many years!!!

Snowflake
09-29-2009, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan
There's nothing wrong in trying to copy a particular recitors style/tune/rhythm; however you shouldn't copy their voice. Use your own voice, with whicever style you like. Obviously, take care of tajweed.

format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

May Allah realise your dream of becoming hafidha inshAllah....ameen

Please remember me in ur duaas please. I really wanna become hafidha too even if it takes me many years!!!
:sl: Ameen and inshaAllah we will become hafidhas sis. May Allah make it easy for you and give you a super-duper memory for it. Ameen. :D Are you learning alone, or do you have a teacher?

Rabi'ya
09-29-2009, 08:22 PM

I am mostly learning alone, but try to go to classes once a week. There is an open sisters class near me and the teacher will listen and give tajweed lessons too. so she checks my pronounciation etc. it will take me a long long time and I have MANY other commitments too but alhamdulillah I remain committed to this as well :)

Snowflake
09-29-2009, 08:59 PM
:sl: MashaAllah sis. I love your enthusiasm. :)

If you're on Paltalk, there are tajweed classes there you can join. Let me know if you're interested inshaAllah.

:wa: and goodnite ukhti. I'm having an early night inshaAllah x

kawaiigardiner
10-01-2009, 11:01 AM
:sl: I had no idea my post had been approved and had been waiting for a PM lol. Thank you immensely for your replies everyone. Alhumdulillah, they have really soothed my heart.:statisfie I don't want to say who told me because they did it with the best intention and obviously also had been told wrong, or it could be me who might have misunderstood them. Anyway, I'm just so happy now lol so no worries. Jazakumullah Khayrun all. :)

Hi Eric,

It's not that I need to recite in that particular style to feel God in my heart. Praise be to Him, I am aware of Him even when I'm nowhere near the Quran. It's just that, the recital of Abu Bakr a-Shatri in Surah al-Kahf is one of the most amazing I've heard in my life and that is exactly how I want to memorize it. InshaAllah.

http://quranicaudio.com/quran/3 (surah #18)

Peace.
You could always try a operatic style like Dame Kiri Te Kanawa :)

(which brings another question, why aren't there males doing Nasheed in baratone or tenor, maybe even counter tenor :) )

Khaldun
10-01-2009, 11:20 AM

Try to vary the recitors you listen to, that way a new unique voice will emerge with time, a voice that is a blend between them all!

When you first start learning the Quran, I would recommend you listen to Khalil Hussary or Abdul Baasit. Many of the recitors today [specially the saudi ones] have only been recorded during taraweeh prayers, and mistakes do happen. That Ghunnah might have been about unclear, or perhaps that particular madd was to short etc, but recitors that are recorded in a studio [like shaykh Huthayfi] recite infront of a panel of proffesional recitors who tell him its ok to carry on and if not he has to keep repeating the verse until its up to standard. Just my two cents [or pence i should say]

Salahudeen
10-01-2009, 10:39 PM
what do you mean styles?? :S I don't understand that. for example when we say aslaam alaykum we all say it the samy way just the tone of our voice differs due to accents from person to person. Or if we say Hello we all say hello the same just our accent sounds different.

Is this what is meant by styles?? using your own accent when reading the Qur'an? :S there's only 1 way to pronounce a word how can you use your own style :S

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Khaldun thats appreciated. jazakAllah khair

anyone else whos checked by a panel of huffadh? :)

Snowflake
10-03-2009, 12:13 PM
:sl: Khaldun, you're right bro, Abdul-baasit's recitations www.quranexplorer.com are great to follow and practice tajweed with for beginners. I'd recommend them strongly to anyone who's learning. Hussary is another one Ive heard is good, but I've yet to listen to him. JazakAllahu khayr.

what do you mean styles??
I mean a recital of Surah al-Fatiha for example will sound different by two different reciters, despite the tajweed being the same. We call it tarz in urdu. You might know what I mean if I say 'tune'. : )

Muslimlearner
10-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Masha'Allah sisters,I don't even dream to memorise Qur'an imsad

For ERIC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiwmx...eature=channel

where to hear Hussary?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.