/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Christian wife or Muslim Wife

AnonymousPoster
09-27-2009, 12:52 AM
the Quaran says that marrying a christian wife is ok.

now my question is who should i choose a christian woman who is good looking and good natured

or a muslim woman who is good natured and normal looking ?.

also i see that marrying christians was allowed during the prophets times.
but now a days the christian woman are totally different. so does that rule still apply.

Is a christian wife allowed to practise her religion in the house of worshipping Jesus ?. And raising the dauter as a christian ?

I hope some one clarify.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-27-2009, 01:03 AM
these things are best spoken about with a great learned Alim. inshAllah, the answer can vary depending on your/her (the potential wife's) position/situation

cat eyes
09-27-2009, 01:18 AM
its better to marry a muslim woman or a non muslim who is willing to revert before marriage there is plenty of good looking reverts also i am sure you could find

Salahudeen
09-27-2009, 04:54 AM
I think it's better to marry a revert than a Christian brother, the Earth if is full with Muslim women you can find 1 you like brother. There's many lonely sisters out there that need husbands make their day and marry 1 of them :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ChOcCi
09-27-2009, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

now my question is who should i choose a christian woman who is good looking and good natured

but now a days the christian woman are totally different. so does that rule still apply.

Is a christian wife allowed to practise her religion in the house of worshipping Jesus ?. And raising the dauter as a christian ?

I hope some one clarify.
Rules that were true back then still apply now. Yes it is allowed, but you must atleast TRY and convince her to give Islam a chance first (show her the Quran and let her see what its like) and if she wants you ca take a look into Christianity as well (just to show her that you are fair and just). Chances are, she will convert into a Muslim when she sees how good Islam is. But one things for sure, your top priority should be to make sure your children are Muslim.

Why should you knowingly let your children follow the wrong religion like that?

Al Ansari
09-27-2009, 05:09 AM
^ assalaamu 'alaikum brother,

As stated above, a learned alim would be the best source for this question.

However, my OPINION is to marry a woman from among the Muslims. The child has to be raised as a Muslim. I do agree that a lot of Christians just call themselves Christians and do not practice much moral behavior.

Refer to the following:

http://http://islamqa.com/en/ref/20227

Christian woman marrying a Muslim man.
http://http://www.islam-qa.com
/en/ref/33656

http://http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/114030

Wa Allaahu a'lam.

Muhaba
09-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Yeah it's best to talk to a scholar about this because while marrying a woman of the ppl of the Book is allowed, it isn't allowed for a muslim (man or woman) to marry someone who ascribes partners with Allah (mushrikeen/mushrikaat) & I don't know if that would mean u aren't allowed to marry a christian or jew who worships someone other than Allah?

I think it's best for you to marry a muslim woman even if she isn't goodlooking because in the long run it will be good for you and your children. You don't want your children to got to hell and it will be very difficult for you to keep the mother from raising them as christians if you marry a christian woman. Also you will have difficulty imposing other restrictions, like not watching bad tv programs; not listening to music; not having/bringing in male friends; not having mixed parties or parties with music, dancing, wine, etc. And if you end up getting divorced most likely she will get custody of the children so do you want to be crying about your kids going to hell simply because you wanted to enjoy this world for a bit? Also it may be that a christian woman may lower your faith of islam and you may end up doing haraam things (like music, wine, etc) while a good muslim woman may increase your eemaan so you may end up doing more good things like nawafil, itikaaf, taraweeh, etc. (There's a hadith about marrying a righteous wife, i think it says that a righteous wife is the best blessing of the world or something like that, not sure of the exact words of hadith.) Even the Quraan says that the righteous women will obey and guard the husband's honor & belongings.

...Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands), and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity, their husband's property, etc.)... Chapter 4, verse 34

That is because she fears Allah. An unrighteous woman on the other hand doesn't fear Allah so will not care about the restrictions set by Allah so you can never be sure whether the christian woman is faithful to you or is she bringing some other man's children, spending your money on haraam things, etc. (Just my thoughts)

so i think it's best to get married to a good muslim woman or someone willing to convert (imo someone already interested in islam, not someone who only wants to convert for marriage because then you may not know whether the conversion was sincere or whether she will go back to her christian ways should there be a divorce). There are plenty of beautiful muslim women even from asia. nonmuslims (westerns) aren't the only ones who are beautiful, you know.

of course, Allah has made it halal tor men to marry women from the ppl of the book so if there aren't any muslim women in your area then it would be best to marry a women from ppl of the book, provided that she signs a prenuptual contract about islamic restrictions, what religion to raise the children on, who gets custody of chidren, etc.

Al Ansari
09-27-2009, 07:53 AM
^ the sister is absolutely correct. Her values may be different and then you may have to compromise. You see, when your faith is down and you need advice she can reenforce your faith, like when our mother Khadijah (ra) consoled the beloved Muhammad (saws) when he (saws) first received the revelation and he (saws) ran home and confided in our mother Khadijah(saws).

My question is: Why choose a non-Muslim woman as a wife when you can choose from the Muslim women? Remember you two can help one another in this life and in the next life. Can you feel comfortable seeing your wife go out in shorts and a halter top-or without hijaab? Conversing with men, listening to music or if she is religious gospel music saying 'Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so'? Either way it is to me a catch22, if she is really religious--she will oppose you if you are really adherent to your deen. If she is not, then she will be a woman of the world-a follower given to her own whims and desires.

WAllaahi, my choice would be amongst the Muslim woman.
WAllaahu a'alam

Muslim Woman
09-27-2009, 08:01 AM
:sl:

It's allowed but not encouraged .

marry a pious lady who will encourage you to be a more good Muslim man :statisfie

Is a christian wife allowed to practise her religion in the house of worshipping Jesus ?.
To my knowledge , she is allowed to go to Church etc . Not sure if she should put a statue of Jesus pbuh inside the house and offer prayer in front of the statue.

And raising the dauter as a christian ?
I read fatwa that kids must be raised as Muslims.

I hope some one clarify.
I read that Caliph Omar ra ordered a Muslim man to divorce his Jewish or Christian wife . Because he feared that enemies of Islam may take some advantage if it becomes common for Muslim men to marry non-Muslim women . Also as Muslim women are not allowed to marry non-Muslim men , it may become a problem in the society . But if u love any Chase , Christian lady , then it's ok for u to marry her ; But if it's arranged marriage , then u should prefer Muslimah :statisfie

And Allah knows Best.

DigitalStorm82
09-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Marry for religion... not for looks...

Looks will fade within few years...

'Abd-al Latif
09-27-2009, 10:54 AM

I hope some one clarify.
Marriage to Non Muslim - Contemporary Issues - Bilal Philips

Media Tags are no longer supported

Cabdullahi
09-27-2009, 01:03 PM
'' muslim woman who is good natured and normal looking ''

muslims women are good looking inside and out....!
so marry the muslimah its better for you

Humbler_359
09-27-2009, 04:04 PM

In my humble opinion, it is better to Marry Muslim Wife always.

No way to marry christian woman, it will create endless isssues as well as your children, you will not pleased with results and you will be disappointed later.

For some reverts, it is kind hard because you will feel to teach all over again and explain more about religion, the problem is she is following what you do or not INSTEAD doing motivation learning about Islam herself, not depending anyone.

Muslim Wife is all about everything you don't have to be worried or surprised. :statisfie

Muslimlearner
09-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Let me tell you: I know many ristians married to muslim brothers .
And guess what:the kids are muslims only by name.

The pretty cristian will wake up at 4 am and let the kids to pray Fajr?
No way!

Humbler_359
09-27-2009, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haqeeka'
Let me tell you: I know many ristians married to muslim brothers .
And guess what:the kids are muslims only by name.

The pretty cristian will wake up at 4 am and let the kids to pray Fajr?
No way!
Lol, that's true. It means, husband's whole responsibles to handle and everything organized, too much. Imbalance.

S_87
09-27-2009, 04:26 PM

I hope some one clarify.
hmm well when we look at hadiths we see for example that muhammed :arabic5: said women are married for different reasons. but which reason did he say a man should go for? piety.

also although the rule may still apply one should look at the big picture. firstly is this woman a christian for just easter and christmas or is she actually a christian? whats gonna happen when she raises her children eating for example pork..will you be able to say no? in the time of muhammed :arabic5: it was much different, the men 'ruled' and could raise their children on islam, but can you ensure that for ur kids?

markislam
09-27-2009, 05:18 PM
I agree with the statement

format_quote Originally Posted by amani
hmm well when we look at hadiths we see for example that muhammed :arabic5: said women are married for different reasons. but which reason did he say a man should go for? piety.

also although the rule may still apply one should look at the big picture. firstly is this woman a christian for just easter and christmas or is she actually a christian? whats gonna happen when she raises her children eating for example pork..will you be able to say no? in the time of muhammed :arabic5: it was much different, the men 'ruled' and could raise their children on islam, but can you ensure that for ur kids?

cat eyes
09-27-2009, 06:11 PM
but you will find every scholar differ's thats the problem like how do we know weather brothers are allowed to marry christian women when bible is really corrupted now? there is so many bibles like the big scholars said that the holy bible was not corrupted then when muslims were marrying the christcians.. they are unsure of when it was corrupted. before prophet mohammad pbuh or after? and some came to the conclusion that it was corrupted during the time of the prophet mohammad pbuh.
So after all this if Allah dose not say clearly and then if you look at most surah's in the holy qur'an. Allah says marry the believing woman. what do our creator mean? that woman who believe god is one and that prophet mohammad pbuh was his last messenger. but if you revert the christcian its all good

cat eyes
09-27-2009, 06:48 PM
sorry for rambling on but this question has always bothered me until i made up my own mind about it. i follow those scholars who say no to it because they have given alot of prove on why and i have also seen the damage it can do of you marry a christcian woman and she dose not revert i know of one guy his dad is a muslim and he is totally following his mums beliefs and way of life. he drinks he goes clubing and all sorts.

Allah says marry those women from the scriptures meaning the touraat the zaboor the injeel and lastly holy Qur'an

besides these there were many more smaller kitaabs revealed eg.

10sahifas were revealed to hazrat Adam alayis salaam. 50 sahifas were revealed to hzrat shees Alayis salaam. 30sahifas were revealed to hazrat idris Alayis salaam and between 10 and 30 sahifas were revealed to hazrat Ebrahim Alayis salaam. peace and blessing be upon them all. the holy Quran was revealed over a period of 23years.

so that leads us to believe were they corrupted or were they not and if they were then when? and if they were corrupted in those times why Allah would allow a believing man to marry a woman from one of his corrupted scriptures? it dose not make any sense. marrying the women of today are you kidding me it is a mockery to me living with her and having to watch her worship the idols in front of your children

A-Believer-25
09-27-2009, 07:00 PM

I really think it would be better to marry a Muslim women.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.