PDA

View Full Version : Does your memory...



IbnAbdulHakim
09-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Does your memory naturally get stronger the more you memorise and the weaker the less you memorise?


kind of like the toning of muscle?



Assalamu Alaikum
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hayaa
09-27-2009, 02:07 AM
:sl:

I don't know.. but someone told me the other day that if you recite 'ya rahmaan' a 100 times after every Fardh prayer, it'll strengthen your memory (inshaAllah).
Reply

_PakistaN_
09-27-2009, 03:27 AM
From what I've heard. people say your memmory will get stronger
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
09-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by hayaa
:sl:

I don't know.. But someone told me the other day that if you recite 'ya rahmaan' a 100 times after every fardh prayer, it'll strengthen your memory (inshaallah).
jazakallah khair!!!
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
nebula
09-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Hayaa
:sl:

I don't know.. but someone told me the other day that if you recite 'ya rahmaan' a 100 times after every Fardh prayer, it'll strengthen your memory (inshaAllah).
Sis, do you have a daleel for saying this 100 times? if theres a daleel then its fine if there isn't then its a bid'ah
Reply

Muhammad
09-27-2009, 02:27 PM
:sl:

Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
Does your memory naturally get stronger the more you memorise and the weaker the less you memorise?


kind of like the toning of muscle?
This is pretty much exactly what someone once told me - that the brain is like a muscle; the more you exercise it the more it becomes stronger. Even with things like maths, if you use your brain a lot rather than rely on calculators etc, it keeps your brain stronger. And Allaah (swt) knows best. :smile:
Reply

happy
09-27-2009, 02:27 PM
"I don't know.. but someone told me the other day that if you recite 'ya rahmaan' a 100 times after every Fardh prayer, it'll strengthen your memory (inshaAllah)." sister proof plz that the prophet did or there is sahih hadith to support your statement.
Reply

Patience7
09-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by nebula
Sis, do you have a daleel for saying this 100 times? if theres a daleel then its fine if there isn't then its a bid'ah
:sl:
brother, what do u mean by this?

:wa:
Reply

nebula
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Whenever you mention a benefit that is connected with the deen for e.g. if you say you are promised such and such benefit or garunteed such and such if you recite this or that (from the Quran or Sunnah) then for such a thing you need to have a evidence from Allah or his messenger, nobody noes the ilmul ghayb (knowledge of the unseen) so who gave you the authority to say reading ar rahman a 100 times will increase your memory? you cannot prove it sciencetifically so you need to prove it from the deen, nor i or any scholar i can refer to can give evidence or prove to this, We should always speak with proper knowledge because this is a fundamental principle in Islam. Imam Bukhari put a chapter in his sahih (book of hadith) titled "knowledge before speech and action" and the proof for this priciple in the Quran is where Allah says in Surah Muhammad Verse 19 "So have Knowledge that there is none that is worthy of worship except Allah..."
Reply

Danah
09-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Muhammad
:sl:

This is pretty much exactly what someone once told me - that the brain is like a muscle; the more you exercise it the more it becomes stronger. Even with things like maths, if you use your brain a lot rather than rely on calculators etc, it keeps your brain stronger. And Allaah (swt) knows best. :smile:
same here
this is what I have been told or read somewhere...cant remember where exactly I read that.
Reply

GuestFellow
09-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Probably it does.
Reply

Hayaa
09-28-2009, 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by nebula
Whenever you mention a benefit that is connected with the deen for e.g. if you say you are promised such and such benefit or garunteed such and such if you recite this or that (from the Quran or Sunnah) then for such a thing you need to have a evidence from Allah or his messenger, nobody noes the ilmul ghayb (knowledge of the unseen) so who gave you the authority to say reading ar rahman a 100 times will increase your memory? you cannot prove it sciencetifically so you need to prove it from the deen, nor i or any scholar i can refer to can give evidence or prove to this, We should always speak with proper knowledge because this is a fundamental principle in Islam. Imam Bukhari put a chapter in his sahih (book of hadith) titled "knowledge before speech and action" and the proof for this priciple in the Quran is where Allah says in Surah Muhammad Verse 19 "So have Knowledge that there is none that is worthy of worship except Allah..."
:sl:

I asked the scholar who told me of this, and was told that it's a wazifa and can be found in the book 'Al Hisn al Haseen'. I didn't just bluntly say it from the top of my head.

Allah knows best
Reply

nebula
09-28-2009, 05:24 AM
alrite sis

walaykumusalaam
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
09-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
Assalamu Alaikum

Does your memory naturally get stronger the more you memorise and the weaker the less you memorise?


kind of like the toning of muscle?



Assalamu Alaikum
Your memory gets stronger due to your obedience to Allah and it gets weaker after sinning. The light of knowledge cannot co-exist with the darkness of sin.
Reply

kwolney01
09-28-2009, 08:56 PM
I've heard a lot on this topic recently. You should defiantly do some type of brain exercise that can help with memory.

You can do things like: read, solve math equations, play sudoku, memory games, ext.

Here's a website I found on free exercises for the brain it's funny how small little things can really force you to concentrate:

http://www.healthyexerciseworld.com/...for-brain.html
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 10:31 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 06:58 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 09:47 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 03:59 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!