/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Incest?

Afg
09-27-2009, 04:06 AM
:sl: A small question here. Did Adam's (pbuh) children commit incest or was it like incest but not really because they had many children and each one was paired with one from another set of twins? :confused: Anyone got the story?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
//-Asif-\\
09-27-2009, 04:30 AM
Ah, I remember wondering about this question a long while back. I think this will help you, off of the Ask The Imam section of Islamicity.com

Question:
i would like to ask another qustion It is about Adam and Eve May Allah be pleases with them i do not belive in evolution but i does that not mean that adam and eve may Allah be pleased with them (may Allah forgive me for saying this) comitted incest could you please give me a detailed answer to put my mind at ease Thank you very much for listening Allah is Great

Answer:
As-Salaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh.
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, we would like to thank you for showing keenness on knowing the teachings of Islam, and we appreciate the great confidence you have in us. We hope our efforts meet your expectations, yet we apologize for the late reply.

Allah(swt) syas:
5:48 " ...To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah. it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute; "

Hence during the periods of other prophets the laws were different. Now we have to follow our Shariah.
Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and an Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada., answers:

"The knowledge of this thing is based on reports that we have received from the traditions and narrations. As we can determine from the sources, the laws of marriage prevailing in those days were different from the laws we have now. They are told from reports that Hawwa’ (Eve) used to deliver one boy and a girl in one birth, another boy and a girl in another birth, and then the boy from the first birth was allowed to marry the girl from the second birth."

However, it is no longer valid for us as the Qur’an has declared this as taboo. Please refer to verse no. 23 in Surat An-Nisa’ to know about the categories of women forbidden in marriage.

We should not venture to speculate on matters that are not known to us or matters as regards which we have no sources to rely upon. The Qur’an forbids us from indulging in useless speculations on such matters. We should save our time for more beneficial issues of practical nature. The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, is reported to have said: “Of the excellence of one’s faith is that he or she should leave alone that which does not concern him or her.”

Sheikh Hamed Al-Ali, instructor of Islamic Heritage at the Faculty of Education, Kuwait and Imam of Dahiat As-Sabahiyya Mosque, adds:

“Scholars said that Eve used to get pregnant with twin boy and girl, and then get pregnant with another twin boy and girl. The boy from the first birth would marry the girl from the second one, and the boy from the second birth would marry the girl from the first one. This how they grew and the population started, until Allah, the Almighty, forbade the marriage between Mahrams (unmarriageable relatives mentioned in Surat An-Nisa’ (4), verse no. 23) for a reason known only to Allah, the Almighty."

If you are still in need of more information, don't hesitate to contact us. Do keep in touch. May Allah guide us all to the straight path!
Wassalam and Allah Almighty knows best.

Afg
09-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Thanks ya akhi.

Maldivia
09-27-2009, 08:42 AM
dats da only way 4 humanity to survive. anyways it was frm opposite pairs, right.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tetsujin
09-29-2009, 04:26 AM
Is the birth of twins significant?

alcurad
10-01-2009, 04:55 AM
^it's a medically recognized condition I think.

kawaiigardiner
10-01-2009, 04:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tetsujin
Is the birth of twins significant?
It only matters if you're a Qur'an literalist.

Ramadhan
10-02-2009, 04:55 PM
^^ and you were there during the time of Adam alayhi salam and Siti hawa?

tetsujin
10-03-2009, 03:41 AM
I sincerely don't know the significance of twins.

How would twins affect the situation? How is it different from single child births?

All the best,

Faysal

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.