/* */

PDA

View Full Version : lying to a potential...

Ummu Sufyaan
09-27-2009, 08:03 AM
:sl:
is it just me, or do other people find it really annoying and baffling when potentials lie and/or make themselves out to be someone they're not in order to get married only for them to be the complete opposite after marriage.

some people just have it set up so good, some people are so innocent and trusting and its always used against them. its sickening.

is a woman allowed to ask for divorce in the case where she finds out her husband is the complete opposite after marriage and where he has lied to her/her family.

its really stupid because it is the norm in so many cultures and often people find themselves either giving in to this rubbish mentality as most likely no-one better will come along or it takes them forever to get married as they cant find the right spouse? i just dont understand why people cant be truthful. either be honest, or shut up or together. i really dont get it...have i missed something?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
09-27-2009, 05:04 PM
It is so true. Ugh i hate it. What do ppl think, that after marriage we will love their totally opposite, incompatible personality or what?

What's worse is the person who tries to marry for passport or money or visa. They don't even get married for the sake of marriage but to get their aim and then leave after a while or make life miserable for the spouse. May Allah protect us from all such ppl.

S_87
09-27-2009, 11:32 PM
true..in the end the only person that it would harm is the person themselves :?

Cabdullahi
09-28-2009, 12:09 AM
i think the sisters lie without even knowing, they're all blushy, quiet and innocent at the initial stages and then one week into the marriage its ''GET UPPPPPPPP! NOW! GET UP! FROM THE BED!'' right in your ears waking you up from the deep sleep putting you in confusion like what is happening maybe the house is burning? but no its a slender frame malfunction then you go back to sleep momentarily and awaken to take another look at the monster just before it slams the door and leaves

to me that is a lie i personally cannot take

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
09-28-2009, 01:10 AM
^lol, I don't think that's lying. Females really are shy and blushing to start with. And ofcourse they come out their shell sooner or later. Good for them. I remained 'shy' throughout my marriage and couldn't even ask him to put the rubbish out without feeling I'm asking the King the get on his knees and scrub the floor. Shyness is definitely a setback.

Sis Umm, I think that's good grounds for divorce. Deception isn't acceptable in Islam in any way or form. Only fools think they can keep up the pretence for long. But the cloak soons slips of their slithery skin though and as sis Amani said, in the end they only cut their own feet with their own axe.

Ismeel
09-28-2009, 01:13 AM
:salamext:
It actually really depends on the parents of the bride as they might exagerate to impress the grooms side. Though Allaah sees and knows all is what we have to keep in mind at all times.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-28-2009, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
true..in the end the only person that it would harm is the person themselves :?
well no, it isn't because it is the other who has to put up with it. for sisters its harder :(

It actually really depends on the parents of the bride as they might exagerate to impress the grooms side.
that's also true...

IbnAbdulHakim
09-28-2009, 02:40 PM
istikhara always

and its EXTREMELY EASY to seperate the sincere from the fakers

cat eyes
09-28-2009, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
istikhara always

and its EXTREMELY EASY to seperate the sincere from the fakers
but can you do istikhara if your already married to the person bro? like what are you meant to do if you had already gone through with the marriage

cat eyes
09-28-2009, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
is it just me, or do other people find it really annoying and baffling when potentials lie and/or make themselves out to be someone they're not in order to get married only for them to be the complete opposite after marriage.

some people just have it set up so good, some people are so innocent and trusting and its always used against them. its sickening.

is a woman allowed to ask for divorce in the case where she finds out her husband is the complete opposite after marriage and where he has lied to her/her family.

its really stupid because it is the norm in so many cultures and often people find themselves either giving in to this rubbish mentality as most likely no-one better will come along or it takes them forever to get married as they cant find the right spouse? i just dont understand why people cant be truthful. either be honest, or shut up or together. i really dont get it...have i missed something?
sis i know it happens alot and its down right sickening+o( you would be surprized of the amount of liars out there its unbelievable some girls are blessed that they find out before hand and then others they end up going through with the marriage blind folded.. i suppose Allah probably wants to teach them something through this that dont be so naive next time maybe:hmm: believers see the signs of hypocrisy for others it takes them for years to realise i suppose because of lack of knowledge or because they had only reverted and did not know much

cat eyes
09-28-2009, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
i think the sisters lie without even knowing, they're all blushy, quiet and innocent at the initial stages and then one week into the marriage its ''GET UPPPPPPPP! NOW! GET UP! FROM THE BED!'' right in your ears waking you up from the deep sleep putting you in confusion like what is happening maybe the house is burning? but no its a slender frame malfunction then you go back to sleep momentarily and awaken to take another look at the monster just before it slams the door and leaves

i am sorry i have to defend my sisters! this is very rarely true :giggling:

Cabdullahi
09-28-2009, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i am sorry i have to defend my blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah :giggling:
yes i fully understand that

IbnAbdulHakim
09-29-2009, 01:34 AM
but can you do istikhara if your already married to the person bro? like what are you meant to do if you had already gone through with the marriage
divorce - !

Ummu Sufyaan
09-29-2009, 12:43 PM
sis i know it happens alot and its down right sickening+o( you would be surprized of the amount of liars out there its unbelievable some girls are blessed that they find out before hand and then others they end up going through with the marriage blind folded.. i suppose Allah probably wants to teach them something through this that dont be so naive next time maybe:hmm: believers see the signs of hypocrisy for others it takes them for years to realise i suppose because of lack of knowledge or because they had only reverted and did not know much
or because the other is soo god daym cunning...

i just seriously dont know why people cant be honest :hmm:

Ansariyah
09-29-2009, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii

Drama'Prince at it again

If that happens means he did something wong big time..!, full stop.

Al Mu'minaat
09-29-2009, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed

Aslamlakium wa rahmatulah wa barkatu..

subhanalah that is soooo true...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.