/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Clashes at Al-Aqsa after extremists break in

sister herb
09-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Published today (updated) 27/09/2009 11:42

Jerusalem – Ma’an – At least 13 Palestinians were injured as fierce clahes broke out at the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in East Jerusalem on Sunday morning after Israeli police permitted settlers to break into the area, witnesses said.

Two of the injured Palestinians reportedly sustained serious injuries to the eye and head. Israeli police said two officers were also hurt.

On Thursday, the Al-Aqsa Foundation had warned of an impending attack. Officials in Jerusalem said extremists were preparing to break into the holy Muslim area and accurately predicted that the break-in would occur on Sunday, under the pretext of celebrating an upcoming religious holiday.

Confrontations erupted after groups of Israelis broke into the compound, reportedly under the guard of Israeli police. Palestinians hurled stones, chairs, and shoes at the Israelis, while police tried to disperse the Palestinians by force, injuring nine people at first.

Further confrontations erupted outside the compound near Majlis Gate, one of the main entrances to the compound. Witnesses said police prevented Palestinian worshippers from entering the area. Four were injured in a new wave of clashes, witnesses said. One of those four was also hit in the eye. Palestinian sources said some of the injured were evacuated from the compound while the rest remained inside.

For their part, Israeli police said only two Palestinians were injured in the clashes.

Hundreds of Jerusalemites and Palestinians living inside Israel hurried to the mosque compound when word of the clashes spread, but Israeli police closed all entrances in what they said was an effort to contain the fighting. Demonstrators gathered outside the main gates chanting and denouncing the occupation, and what they called assaults against holy places and residents in Jerusalem.

Israeli police also prevented Islamic notables such as Sheikh Ekrima Sabri, chief of the Islamic Supreme Committee, and grand mufti of Jerusalem and Palestine, from accessing Al-Aqsa. Hatim Abdul-Qadir, former PA minister of Jerusalem affairs and current Fatah representative on Jerusalem, was also denied access to the mosque.

Israeli police produced an order preventing Abdul-Qadir from accessing Al-Aqsa until further notice, under the pretext that he urged demonstrators to gather at the compound to counter settler groups attempting to break into the mosque area.

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=227880

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
09-27-2009, 10:19 AM
:threadapp

zakirs
09-27-2009, 10:49 AM
I am so depressed when i read anything about Palestine.When will Arab leaders stop being slaves and do something politically to get a solution :(.

Caller الداعي
09-27-2009, 12:04 PM
اللهم انصر المسلمين في فلسطين :cry:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
09-27-2009, 07:46 PM
capt715cfa0e847b40229445a74715e3c70cmideast israel palestinians ba103?x400&ampy266&ampq85&ampsigPIN5ugLCxSK9wBhUDzLlBg   -
Jerusalem

captc0c011b0166d4f86bbac62f691369fa8mideast syria palestinian hamas dam101?x400&ampy280&ampq85&ampsigSwXlmFfSQlbH6 X U6yGTg   -
Syria

capt442965e955d943df9adc6605e5f0d1c8mideast israel palestinians ba102?x232&ampy345&ampq85&ampsigE3EHCp9sCkOldjPJ1320w   -
Gaza

capt704cd97b15fc4e6cb8f07946c515665baptopix mideast israel palestinians jrl111?x400&ampy266&ampq85&ampsigpntXbyVRUU5WtGH9kkWARQ   -
the West Bank

All pictures at today

north_malaysian
09-29-2009, 05:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by caller
اللهم انصر المسلمين في فلسطين :cry:
Ameen to the dua!!!

north_malaysian
09-29-2009, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090927/ca...5WtGH9kkWARQ--
the West Bank

All pictures at today
whoa... she's brave! (those are Israeli soldiers right?)

sister herb
09-29-2009, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
whoa... she's brave! (those are Israeli soldiers right?)
Yes they are.

sister herb
09-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Islamic Christian soc: Israel to enforce Jewish prayer time at Aqsa
Published today (updated) 29/09/2009 20:01

Ramallah – Ma’an – Israel plans to allow Jewish worshipers to pray at the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem on a regular basis, dividing prayer time between Muslims and Jews, officials at the Islamic Christian Society in Support of Jerusalem said Monday.

Currently Israeli citizens are not permitted to enter the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound, the Haram Ash-Sharif. On Sunday, however, clashes broke out inside the sanctuary when extremist Jews - reports dispute whether or not the culprits were Israeli citizens - entered the area along with Israeli soldiers. The compound was locked down during the clashes and 13 were injured. Israeli forces also raided Palestinian Jerusalem and detained dozens military sources say were involved in the clashes.

According to the society, there will be 50 Jewish holidays on which Jews will have exclusive access to the compound for worship. The religious calendars of the Muslim and Jewish faith often overlap, with the Jewish Rosh Hashana holiday coinciding with the final Friday of the Muslim Ramadan. The society calls the decision “unacceptable.”

Officials, including Sheikh Taisir At-Tamimi, Archbishop Atallah Hanna, Dr. Hasan Khater, Sheikh Ibrahim Sarsour and Father Manuel Musallam from the society spoke at a news conference Monday in Ramallah. They warned that such a policy was dangerous, and “went beyond the red line.”

The religious leaders then appealed to Palestinian leaders to seek a national agreement so they could prevent Israel from taking over the site, which Jews believe is the place where the Second Temple stood. Plans from extremist and even moderate right wing groups to raze Al-Aqsa and build a Third Temple have been repeatedly uncovered.

The leaders called the plan a war crime, noting there were attacks on Al-Aqsa from “above and below,” referring to the contentious excavation work Israel is carrying out on tunnels beneath the compound.

The officials called all the Muslims to fast on Thursday and all the Christians to pray on Sunday as an expression of solidarity with Jerusalem and all the holy places in the city.

Sheikh Taisir At-Tamimi urged Palestinians to attend worship ceremonies in the Olc City of Jerusalem and at the Al-Aqsa Mosque in particular, in order to stave off encroaching Israeli presence in the area.

The Archbishop Atallah Hanna asked all Christians to join their fellow Muslims in prayer on Sunday to be in solidarity with Al-Aqsa mosque. He stressed that targeting Al-Aqsa is only the beginning of targeting the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=228517

Eric H
09-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Greetings and peace be with you sister harb; thanks for the pictures.

I shall be in Jerusalem on the 14th October for a week, we shall be visiting the Temple Mount, Al-Aqsa Mosque compound, the Dome of the Rock, and other sites which are sacred to Christians, Muslims and Jews.

At the moment I have very mixed feelings about this pilgrimage with my church, I guess we shall be shielded from all the injustice that happens. The Holocaust Museum is also on the agenda.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

GuestFellow
09-29-2009, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
I am so depressed when i read anything about Palestine.When will Arab leaders stop being slaves and do something politically to get a solution :(.
I'm afraid it is not that easy. A lot of Arabic countries have many problems of their own. They simply do not have the resources, money or the time to help the Palestinians.

zakirs
10-01-2009, 04:58 AM
Aha why do you think so .. i guess arab countries controll 90% of world oil prodcution without which even armies cannot move.So i think they have enough power to create havoc in entire world.

Joe98
10-01-2009, 05:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
according to the society, there will be 50 jewish holidays .......

50 !

-

kawaiigardiner
10-01-2009, 07:20 AM
after Israeli police permitted settlers to break into the area
My understanding was that Jews were not allowed to go to the area - it was off limits by religious decree. Why have the settlers suddenly turned up?

kawaiigardiner
10-01-2009, 07:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
The Arab world is in the state that it is in because of over 100 years of meddling by European powers and the United States.

zakirs
10-01-2009, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kawaiigardiner
The Arab world is in the state that it is in because of over 100 years of meddling by European powers and the United States.
Indeed , very true.Hope Allah helps us to solve this mess peacefully.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.