/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to give dawah to people who heed not...

Ummu Sufyaan
09-27-2009, 02:25 PM
:sl:
how do you go about giving dawah to someone who keeps on ignoring it.

they dont listen the first time. so how do you approach them after that without sounding naggy and annoying.

and what about giving dawah to someone who asks you not to...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
09-28-2009, 10:00 AM
*bump...

Ramadhan
09-28-2009, 10:27 AM
pray for them and ask Allah to give them guidance

Muhaba
09-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Wait a while, then use another angle. Also look for opportunities, like if something happens or they say something, use it as a trigger.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
09-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Greetings and peace be with you naidamar;

pray for them and ask Allah to give them guidance
Allah chooses whom he wills, and there is no compulsion in religion, and I sense your answer is the greatest way forwards.

In the spirit of praying to the one God who hears all our prayers

Eric

frindlymuslim
09-28-2009, 04:00 PM
We Muslims more in need to improve our quality than just increase the number,

number ok too, but should keep our quality high.

otherwise the result as we see our situation in every Muslim country.

thats shame we are Muslims with so low quality

quality= every area for this life and for our deen, its a wide range of area.

When I send an email to a western org/comp, after 2 or few days I will get clear nice reply,

When I sent email to Islamic charities paid them money but had a question asked them No reply
sent again, bad reply with lie.

Impossible to be a good example on this planet without having high quality even if you have so many Islamic knowledge.

May some of you don't understand my point! thats another problem too

Muhaba
09-28-2009, 04:28 PM
^ so true.

(understood it all right)

Ansariyah
09-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Sista, u give dawah n u move on, its not on us to guide we can only give naseeha with good manners.

The rest comes from ALlah..

Cabdullahi
09-28-2009, 07:32 PM
just give them a strike on the nose kapow! im kidding dont take that route you might be in the newspapers the next morning ''muslim girl strikes'' or something like that

give dawah in an unorthodox manner be spontaneous to create curiosity like ahmed deedat may allah grant him jannah

Muhaba
09-28-2009, 07:55 PM
I think she was talking about relatives or close friends, ppl you are in contact with often, like on a daily basis. say ur sister wasn't very practicing & u wanted to try to increase her eemaan or make her practice more, what would you do? You couldn't just tell her once and then forget about it. you'd have to pick up the subject over and over again and try to make her understand, but you'd have to do it tactfully so she didn't get bored or mad at you or something.

preaching to family is different from preaching to strangers & I think sometimes more difficult.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-29-2009, 01:41 PM
thank you all...

format_quote Originally Posted by glo
The Bible tells us that Jesus gave his disciples this advice:

Basically, he seems to be saying that if people are not willing to listen, then walk away and go elsewhere ...
i think quoting from other religious scriptures is against the rules :]

Would a similar principle apply in Islam?
im not sure, i was the under the impression that one should give dawah constantly (without being annoying, etc)...maybe i misunderstood :$

czgibson
09-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Greetings,

What exactly is a Muslim required to do when it comes to dawah?

I thought Allah guides whom he wills?

Peace

Ummu Sufyaan
09-29-2009, 01:49 PM
greetings.
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

What exactly is a Muslim required to do when it comes to dawah?
teach people in regards to what they are doing wrong. of course this is to be with the proper and respectful etiquette.

I thought Allah guides whom he wills?
of course. i guess the person who gives the dawah is merely a medium and in the end it's up to Allah who takes heed or not. does that make sense?

Peace

paradise88
09-29-2009, 05:34 PM
I think all we should/could do is just convey the message, spread what we know in the best way but not forcing anyone in to anything and that should be enough. Rest is up to Allah.

czgibson
09-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
greetings.

teach people in regards to what they are doing wrong. of course this is to be with the proper and respectful etiquette.

of course. i guess the person who gives the dawah is merely a medium and in the end it's up to Allah who takes heed or not. does that make sense?
I'm not sure. If Allah decides which specific people are going to be convinced by Islam and which people aren't, then I can't really see why dawah is needed at all.

Peace

alcurad
09-29-2009, 09:39 PM
czgibson, are you serious :/?

czgibson
09-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
czgibson, are you serious :/?
Why wouldn't I be?

Peace

alcurad
09-29-2009, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I'm not sure. If Allah decides which specific people are going to be convinced by Islam and which people aren't, then I can't really see why dawah is needed at all.

Peace
well that wouldn't make sense at all, per Islam god gave us a choice, how would we make it if we weren't aware of it?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.