/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I really need some help!

A-Believer-25
09-27-2009, 08:54 PM
:sl:

I hope everyone is in the best of health and Iman, inshallah! :statisfie

I think it is time to seek help. For years I have been suffering waswas from the shaytan. I am finding it really difficult to ignore it. It has been affecting me for years. I get really evil thoughts and feelings that I can't control. I try really hard to surpress them and to get rid of them. I am finding it real hard to read Quran as well. What are some good ways to help me cure this problem? Also what are good ways to increase my Iman? May Allah (SWT) protect us all and guide us all!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
:salamext:

Do not be alone and spend your time with dhikr (remembrance, supplication, contemplation, reflection, recitation of al-Qur'an etc) of Allah. This is from the book Fortress of the Muslims:

Invocations against the Devil and his promptings

141. Seeking refuge with Allah against him (i.e. by saying I seek refuge in Allah from Satan the outcast).

Reference: Abu Dawud 1/206, At-Tirmithi. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 1/77, and Surat Al-Mu'minun, 23:98-9.

142. The call to prayer - 'Athan.

Reference: Muslim 1/291, Al-Bukhari 1/151.

143. Saying words of Allah's remembrance (Thikr) and recitation of the Qur'an.

Reference: "Do not turn your homes into graveyards, surely the Devil flees from the house in which Surat Al-Baqarah is read," Muslim 1/539. The Devil is also driven out by the invocations for morning and evening, those that are said before sleeping and upon waking up, those for entering and leaving the house, including those for entering and leaving the mosque, and by many other authentic invocations taught to us by the Prophet (SAW) such as the reading of 'Ayatul-Kursi, (Al-Baqarah 2:255), and the last two 'Ayat of Surat Al-Baqarah before going to sleep. Whoever says: "There is none worthy of worship but Allah alone, Who has no partner, His is the dominion and His is the praise, and he is Able to do all things," one hundred times, it will be a protection for him from the Devil throughout the day.'

mathematician
09-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Read the Qur'an in arabic!!! If you find it hard to read the Qur'an then keep trying harder and harder and harder until you can actually read it. There is no better way to keep the shaytan away than by reading or reciting the Qur'an and practicing some of its teachings. The challenge for you is to actually read it. Once you read it you will see what I mean by the shaytan going away.

Muhaba
09-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Read the four Quls and Ayatul-Kursi as well as other verses for black majic. I've seen that when a person gets such waswasa that they can't control, it is due to black magic, so read the ruqya over yourself, your belongings, as well as over food/drink and eat/drink them daily as well as when you get the waswasa. Also pray to Allah to help you find the item with the magic done on. Usually this is an item that when you're near it (like clothes you wear or bedsheet/blanket) you start getting the waswasa. So when you see that some item affects you like that, put it away for a while (like in the attic or storage room). If your condition improves, throw the item out.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
09-29-2009, 05:37 PM
yeah i agree with the sister above when you get thoughts that you cant control its nearly always black magic. i suggest you read the holy qur'an daily even if you dont feel like it just force yourself to. it is a medicine to get rid of things like this

Humbler_359
09-29-2009, 05:50 PM
:sl: brother,

If you feel anything threatening you, READ QUR'AN.
If you feel something bad happen to you, READ QUR'AN.
If you had a bad dream or worst, READ QUR'AN.
If you have any difficulties or many issues, READ QUR'AN secretly.

No Shyatan come near QUR'AN or reciting it in your heart and soul.

A-Believer-25
09-29-2009, 11:18 PM

Thank you all for the advice! :) I will be sure to do all those steps to help me get rid of these evil thoughts inshallah. I will also try to learn more Quran in Arabic, inshallah.

May Allah (SWT) reward you all! :statisfie

- IqRa -
09-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Try and keep good company. Never ever stay alone, that's when the shaytaan strikes the most. Keep yourself occupied.

A-Believer-25
10-01-2009, 11:04 PM
I really don't know a whole lot of other Muslims in this area though. :( I mean I have a Muslim family but you know... I really want to make some Muslim friends but the masjids are far away from here, and I can't drive so I don't really have any way of getting there. :(

abu_musab461
10-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Then more you ignore it the less influence it has on you, while the more you contemplate on them the more influence that have on you.

So learn to say "Auzubillah hi minsha shaytanir rajeem" and ignore :)

A-Believer-25
10-02-2009, 04:19 AM
I will try the best I can to ignore it, inshallah.

Mr.President
10-02-2009, 04:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A-Believer-25

I hope everyone is in the best of health and Iman, inshallah! :statisfie

I think it is time to seek help. For years I have been suffering waswas from the shaytan. I am finding it really difficult to ignore it. It has been affecting me for years. I get really evil thoughts and feelings that I can't control. I try really hard to surpress them and to get rid of them. I am finding it real hard to read Quran as well. What are some good ways to help me cure this problem? Also what are good ways to increase my Iman? May Allah (SWT) protect us all and guide us all!
alahu akbar !! I also have same problems

but masha allah now ok !!!
what I did is first asked dua with eemaan

Dont ever think that ur dua will be not answered

And if its not working i mean the dua I am 100% sure that the problem is in our side

If don't know islam I mean all fiquh and other advance islamic knowledge please don't visit anti islamic sites

I like the suggestion of brother Humbler_359
READ QURAN or listen to Quran

AnonymousPoster
10-02-2009, 08:20 AM
What is waswasa ?

- IqRa -
10-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Satanic Whispers

Al Ansari
10-02-2009, 10:48 AM
wa 'alaikum as salaam,

Yes, keep yourself occupied. The shaytaan (may he be cursed) will toy with you and cause all sorts of mischief.

At times, when I am making salaah, I begin to have thoughts that I did not think about during the course of the day suddenly pop up and occur. It is a distraction from the shaytaan.

If you never read it there is a hadith that was named 'Barsisa the Worshipper' which talks about waswaas from the shaytaan and how the shaytaan did the 'step by step' approach of attacking a believer in Allaah azza wa jall.

Listen to lectures, read Qur'aan, keep visiting the forums, keep good company, make du'aa.

Brother if there is anything, just let us know, insh'Allaah.

May Allaah give us steadfastness in the His path and increase our imaan. Ameen.

And Allaah knows best.

Sampharo
10-02-2009, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461
Then more you ignore it the less influence it has on you, while the more you contemplate on them the more influence that have on you.

So learn to say "Auzubillah hi minsha shaytanir rajeem" and ignore :)
I agree very much with this. You shouldn't let your emotions and fear of these thoughts make you think that he is taking hold on you. All he could is yack yack yack, that's all. :)

Companions of the prophet once told the prophet that they are receiving thoughts of doubt of which they dare not pronounce. The prophet smiled and told them he knows what they mean, and told them that the devil NEVER stops whispering about doubt and disbelief in God. He explained that the devil will speak of different levels and kinds of sins, and if the person perseveres, he will stop talking about the sins. The devil will speak of bringing harm to oneself and others through making you angry at your brother's words or make you hate your wife, but if you persevere he will stop. But as per the prophet's hadith, the devil will NEVER stop whispering doubt in God and thoughts of Shirk. (Read it in either Riyadu Assaleheen or Fiqh Assunnah, can't remember)

Al Ansari
10-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Barsisa (BAR-SEE-sa): The Worshipper

At the time of Bani Israel (Children of Israel), there was a man in a small village, called Barsisa. He was, what you call, a monk. But he was a true Christian. He believed in Tawheed (Believing God is one with no partners) and believed Eesa or Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) was a messenger of Allah (not God or the literal 'Son of God'. One day three brothers decided to go for Jihad. But they had a sister and they did not want to leave her alone. So they went looking for someone to take care of her.

The town people suggested to leave her with Barsisa, because of his piety. So they went to him and when they asked him, he said Audubillahi Mina Shaytani Rajeem: "I seek refuge from the cursed Shaytan (Satan)" and said No! This was because he was scared of falling into sin (due to the potential fitnah(temptations) it may cause). Then Shaytan came to Barsisa in the form of Waswasah (whisperings). Shaytan is very smart and knew Barsisa had a soft heart. So he told Barsisa, "What if they can't find someone good and leave her with someone bad, wouldn't that be your fault?" Now Barsisa did not realize this was Shaytan whispering in his heart, and because of his compassion for others, he decided to accept their request and help the woman.

He let her stay in a house opposite the church. He did this so that it would be easy for him to leave her her food outside the church and she could come get it herself. But after sometime, shaytan returned. This time he told Barsisa, "Why don't you leave the food closer for her, so that people don't see her moving back and forth alone!" Barsisa agreed and started leaving the food outside the house. But shaytan wasn't happy with this either, so sometime later, he returned and ask Barsisa, "Why don't you go in and leave it on the table, so that no one sees her coming out and going in alone all the time!" Again, Barsisa agreed and he started leaving the food on the table.

Then as time went by, Shaytan returned and said to him, "Why don't you talk to her, she is all alone and has no one to talk to!" Barsisa agreed and started talking to her from behind a door (so as to screen himself). But this would lead them to almost shouting to each other to hear themselves. Shaytan asked Barsisa to just go in and talk to her, and finally, he (Shaytan) had got them alone in a room. Barsisa then commited Zina (fornication) with the woman. Shaytan had completed the difficult part. It wasn't after Barsisa and the woman committed fornication. (And to make things worse, she also became pregnant). As soon as the baby was born, Shaytan returned, and said to Barsisa, "What have you done? Look at the result of your evil (i.e the child), get rid of the evidence otherwise the brothers will kill you!" Barsisa killed the baby and buried it in the same room the woman was in. Shaytan then told Barsisa, "Do you think you can kill the child of a woman and expect her not to tell anyone?!" and So Barsisa killed her and buried her alongside the baby! He then made a fake grace outside and when her brothers returned, he informed them that she died of illness. After seeing the grave and making dua (supplication) for her, they returned home and accepted Allah's decree.

Later that night, Shaytan came to them in their dream and informed them about what Barsisa had done and where the child and their sister could be found. The brother got up, upset and confused, and informed his brothers of the dream, and they both said they had the same dream. So they believed that it must be true, and when and dug up the fake grave and found it empty. They then dug the placed shaytan showed them in the dream and found the child and woman!

Furious, the brothers took Barsisa to the leader to get his punishment. Barsisa knew that he would be given the death penalty. Shaytan came to Barsisa again, for the final time. This time he revealed himself and told him he was the one whispering the thoughts to him. And he said that he could save Barsisa, and as long as Barsisa makes sujood to him! Barsisa, out of desperation made Sujood (protrate, kneel, or worship him) to him , this confirmed his disbelief in Allaah and Shaytan said to him "I am free of you, I fear Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)!" and left. Barsisa was stoned to death and on the day of judgement he will be resurrected making prostrating to Shaytan!

So look how shaytan tricked him. He came to him as a friend, but was infact his biggest enemy!

(Their allies deceived them) like Shaitan (Satan), when he says to man: "Disbelieve in Allah." But when (man) disbelieves in Allah, Shaitan (Satan) says: "I am free of you, I fear Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)!"
(Al-Hashr 59:16)

O mankind! Verily, the Promise of Allah is true. So let not this present life deceive you, and let not the chief deceiver (Satan) deceive you about Allah.

Surely, Shaitan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy. He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire.

Shaytan will never make you sin directly, he will always trick you using Waswasah (whispers) and he is more patient than any of us. So we should always seek refuge in Allah from Shaytan. Never think you have enough knowledge or are strong enough to take on Shaytan. This is why the Scholars of Islam are the ones with the most Taqwa: fear of Allah. So reflect on the story, if Shaytan told Barsisa to make sujood in the beginning, Barsisa would have said no straight away, but Shaytan had a plan in hand. It was a step by step policy that made Barsisa finally breakdown and commit Kufr.

Reference for above story:
Stories in the Quran - Ibn Kathir - 110

A-Believer-25
10-03-2009, 02:50 PM
^ That story is scary! I seriously hope that never happens to me or any one else. May Allah (SWT) protect us all from the evil whisperings of shaytan, ameen!

I guess now I understand the shaytan will keep whispering evil to us so long as we are alive. I will try to do more good deeds, inshallah, and will do my best to ignore these waswas, inshallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!