/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i feel sick

anonymous
09-28-2009, 11:29 AM
sick of the guilt that i carry because of my sins. it tears my heart. i wish i could rewind everything and do everything again. the feeling is sinking and disgusting :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
09-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Make lots and lots of du'as.
perform many shalat apart from the obligatory ones, especially sholat tahajjud and dhuha.
Recite al Qur'an
give as much zakat as you can
improve relations with your parents, family, friends as much as you can
ask people whom you may have wronged for forgiveness
do monday-thursday fastings
basically do as many good deeds as possible because they will expiate your sins
ask Allah for forgiveness as much as you want
and be patient

zakirs
09-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Pray to Allah to show mercy and pardon you for your sins .. :) .. Remember Allah is merciful .

'Abd-al Latif
09-28-2009, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
sick of the guilt that i carry because of my sins. it tears my heart. i wish i could rewind everything and do everything again. the feeling is sinking and disgusting :(
The problem isn't your past sins, it's repentance. Every son of Adam will fall into sin and no one is free from this. The resolution for this problem is to turn to Allah in repentance because He is the one who forgives.

Allah says:

Say: 'O My slaves who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful’ [al-Zumar 39:53]

And He also also says:

…your Lord has written (prescribed) Mercy for Himself, so that if any of you does evil in ignorance, and thereafter repents and does righteous good deeds (by obeying Allah), then surely, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. [al-An’aam 6:54]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
09-28-2009, 08:58 PM
i want to share some beautiful hadiths with you this might make make your heart feel at rest inshallaah.

Hadith Qudsi 33:
On the Authority of Abu hurayrah (May Allah be pleased with him) that the prophet( peace and blessings of Allah be upon him),from among the things he reports from his lord(mighty and sublime be he), is that he said:

'' A servant of Alllah's committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin.' And he glorified and exalted be he) said,'My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. then he sinned again and said,'O Lord forgive me my sin.'And he glorified and exalted be he said:'My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them.' then he sinned again and said,' O Lord forgive me my sin,' And he glorified and exalted be he said:' My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for i have forgiven you''

Hadith Qudsi 31:

On the Authority of jundub (May Allah be pleased with him),who said that the messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) related:

'' A man said: by Allah, Allah will not forgive so and so. At this Allah the Almighty said:'who is he who swears by me that i will not forgive so and so?Verily i have forgiven so and so and have nullified your own good deeds or as he said

A similar hadith, which is given by Abu dawud indicates that the person referred to was a godly man whose previous good deeds were brought to naught through presuming to declare that Allah would not forgive someone's bad deeds.

it was related by muslim

note: i have a very limited amount of knowledge and the knowledge that i have i get from religious books and the occasional google on the internet and from friends. please dont pm me and praise me and give me praiseworthy comments. i dont know any hadiths of by heart yet but i would love to inshallaah someday. thank you

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-28-2009, 10:41 PM
:sl:

Every son of Adam is a sinner and the best of the sinners are those who repent. (Tirmidhi)

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GkGTLGcpLk

abdullah_001
09-28-2009, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

Well, good news! You're still alive so you still have time to repent! :P

Hasten towards your happiness and go pray!

anonymous
10-02-2009, 08:38 AM
i know that Allah forgives all sins and that he is able to do all things. i dont despair of his mercy, i really dont. but what troubles me is the regret that is going to hang over my head for god knows how long. i just worry that if i try my best to rectify where i went wrong then even that may not be accepted. i fear that no matter what i try to do to rectify my bad, then that sin will nullify the good. i messed up so bad, that i doubt and fear that even if strive to rectify it for the rest of my life that it will never fulfill that gap of that deed that i should have done, but didn't. the deed that i neglected is hefty i dont know if there is anything to "balance it out."even if my striving does accepted. so basically i fear that my good deeds are going to be rejected and the good will be overlooked :embarrassimsadi dont want to die imsad

- IqRa -
10-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Say: 'O My slaves who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful’ [al-Zumar 39:53]

That's all we have to keep in mind...Allaah loves to forgive, so repent as much as you can.

I know that certain sins can weigh you down so bad...but repent as much as you can, learn more about Allah, start to feel love for Allaah, and you will feel lots of peace InshaAllaah...

syilla
10-02-2009, 08:47 AM
:salamext:

ukhtee... is okay to feel guilty. But you have to be sure that the energy is focus to ibadaah and doing istighfar that is productive. Is no use crying everyday...but our mouths, hands and eyes getting weaker and have not enough energy to worship him.

Channel the guilt to do something good... don't let it be a waste InshaAllah.

Lets always istighfar and do salah taubah... for the sake of Allah swt. InshaAllah

Khaldun
10-02-2009, 09:06 AM

And why wouldnt your dua be accepted?! Iblees made dua to his Lord and said:

o My Lord grant me respite until the day of ressurection!

and Allah accepted his dua!

Then tell me are you worse then Iblees?

The truth of the matter is that if you think like that you are actually questioning Allahs power to forgive and accept tawbah and who are you to do that when Allah himself says:

And verily I am Ghaffaar [oft forgiving] for whomsoever makes tawbah and believes and then follows the guidance.

Innocent Soul
10-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Assalamualaikum

"Sin may be more beneficial for a person, if it leads him to repent, than doing a lot of acts of worship. This is what is meant by the words of one of the salaf:

'A person may commit a sin and enter Paradise because of it, or he may do an act of worship and enter Hell because of it.'

They said: 'How is that?'

He said: 'He may commit a sin and continues to think about it, and when he stands or sits or walks he remembers his sin, so he feels ashamed and repents and seeks forgiveness and regrets it, so that will be the means of his salvation.

And he may do a good deed and continue to think about it, and when he stands or sits or walks he remembers it and it fills him with self-admiration and pride, so it is the cause of his doom.

So the sin may be the factor that leads him to do acts of worship and good deeds and to change his attitude so that he fears Allah and feels shy before Him and feels humiliated before Him, hanging his head in shame and weeping with regret, seeking he forgiveness of his Lord. Each of these effects is better for a person than an act of worship that makes him feel proud and show off and look down on people. Undoubtedly this sin is better before Allah and is more likely to bring salvation than one who admires himself and looks down on others, and who thinks that he is doing Allah a favor. Even if he says words that indicate something other than that, Allah is the Witness over what is in his heart. Such a person may feel hatred towards people if they do not hold him in high esteem and humiliate themselves before him. If he were to examine himself honestly, he would see that clearly."

-------------
Reference:
Madarij as-Salikeen, 1/299
Ibn al-Qayyim

Khaldun
10-03-2009, 12:23 PM

A sin that leads to jannah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.