/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to divorce a christian wife islamically ?

AnonymousPoster
09-28-2009, 02:19 PM
How to divorce a christian wife islamically ?

What if you are married as a christian and then you converted ?

Any answers ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-28-2009, 03:02 PM
consult a scholar inshAllaah

glo
09-28-2009, 04:22 PM
If you were married legally according to the law of your country, then you should also get divorced according to the law.

Even if Islamically that wasn't necessary, it would only be fair on your wife, to enable her to seek a new relationship and get married again ...

Is the desire for divorce mutual?

Eric H
09-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Greetings and peace be with you AnonymousGender;

Are you seeking a divorce because of religious differences, or are there other reasons?

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding

eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al Ansari
09-28-2009, 06:34 PM
assalaamu 'alaikum,

I would seek advice from a scholar, get naseeha, pray istikhara, and be patient.
WAllaahu a'lam

cat eyes
09-28-2009, 06:42 PM
if she had reverted after the nikkah then yes you have to seek the islamic divorce. its an obligation on every muslim woman that she has to wait 3months before she can get married again. the divorce must be done according to the law of Allah swt. Allah knows best because you might want to take her back during these 3months. however i am not a scholar so maybe its best if you get a second opinion from imaam as every scholar differs and thats the problem but i would seek the islamic divorce its best.

Rasema
09-28-2009, 07:35 PM
:sl:

What did she do?

Not that this question has to do anything with Islam.

Rasema
09-28-2009, 09:34 PM
I am wondering if this is markislam. Whowever it is, he does not wish to remain married to his wife, now he has converted to Islam. by glo(add to rasema's reputation)
There is a very good reason why he doesn't want to remain with his wife. He has not converted to Islam out of capriciousness nor to piss his wife off.

جوري
09-29-2009, 04:02 AM
People seek anonymous accounts for a few good reasons ..
if this is Mark we should respect why he chose to go under anon, further, we really need not probe further into information that he didn't wish to part with, rather answer only as pertains to his question insha'Allah..

I think it is a major deterrent to why some posters are hesitant to post here .. this ultimate delivery of a harangue and probing into other people's business seeking to offer 'our opinion' rather than a scholarly opinion or ultimately what most really seek which is a consolation!

a couple of reminders from this very section insha'Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ot-ulamaa.html

and two

Abou
Hurayrah relates that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak a good word or remain silent. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his neighbor. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his guest."� [Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Al Muslim]

:w:

جوري
09-29-2009, 05:45 AM
just my opinion but if you didn't get an Islamic contract for marriage then you can't by the same token seek a divorce Islamically.. However, you can get a civil divorce citing irreconcilable differences. I do worry for the fate of the children, but if your wife is belligerent and abusive toward you or your religion then in all likelihood you can use those against her in court to gain custody of your children-- if you don't wish for them to live influenced by her execration which she is very likely to pass to the children as a form or revenge-- for now I'd really keep very cool and watch everything you say because if this is both your intent and as far as children are concerned then I don't see any good reason why she wouldn't go after you with every ammo in the book...

she is a mother first and last and I hope that the issue can be resolved to both your liking..

and Allah swt knows best

Danah
09-29-2009, 06:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
People seek anonymous accounts for a few good reasons ..
if this is Mark we should respect why he chose to go under anon, further, we really need not probe further into information that he didn't wish to part with, rather answer only as pertains to his question insha'Allah..

I think it is a major deterrent to why some posters are hesitant to post here .. this ultimate delivery of a harangue and probing into other people's business seeking to offer 'our opinion' rather than a scholarly opinion or ultimately what most really seek which is a consolation!

a couple of reminders from this very section insha'Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ot-ulamaa.html

and two

Abou
Hurayrah relates that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak a good word or remain silent. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his neighbor. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his guest."� [Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Al Muslim]

100000% agree!

Jazaki Allah khair for reminding!

Anonymous brother, May Allah help you through your hardship. I strongly recommend you to ask a scholar or ask in one of the reliable websites like:

www.islamonline.net >>> Ask the scholar "I think you need a username here"

www.islamqa.com >>> Send your question

http://english.islamweb.net >>> Send a fatwa

hopefully they will reply to you soon, I think if you send your question to all of them that will guarantee a quicker response inshaAllah

I am not aware of more good websites, hope others lengthen the list for you inshaAllah.

north_malaysian
09-29-2009, 06:45 AM
muslim men are allowed to have Christian wives right?

Ramadhan
09-29-2009, 07:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
muslim men are allowed to have Christian wives right?

Yes, but that's not what he's asking.

Snowflake
09-29-2009, 08:18 AM
I am wondering if this is markislam.
:-\

People seek anonymous accounts for a few good reasons.. if this is Mark we should respect why he chose to go under anon..
JazakiAllah for that sis Skye. :thumbs_up

markislam
09-29-2009, 03:17 PM
ok well the cover is out so the anonymous system does not work at all here :(

all i wanted was to find out how to divorce islamically

i did not say iam going to divorce.

Muslim Woman
09-29-2009, 03:34 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by markislam
ok well the cover is out so the anonymous system does not work at all here :( .
I guess most of the times it work as all participants don't try to find it out.

that's good :statisfie

Divorce is allowed but not encouraged. But bro , instead of looking how to make married life better , why want to know about divorce ???? :hmm:

markislam
09-29-2009, 04:12 PM
It is hard for two people of different faiths to live under the same roof.

unless you compromise your faith

Cabdullahi
09-29-2009, 04:16 PM

divorce then after that what ?? try to work it out! brother

Muslim Woman
09-29-2009, 04:24 PM

It is hard for two people of different faiths to live under the same roof.
Why not invite her to join here and know about Islam more ? Also , Keep praying for her to Allah.

InshaAllah you will be granted what is good for your hereafter.

markislam
09-29-2009, 05:34 PM
I invited her she does not want to listen she says God is trinity :)

cat eyes
09-29-2009, 05:46 PM

it was pretty obvious to me also ;D

but seriously people should respect peoples privacy its an awful ignorant thing to question the op

glo
09-29-2009, 06:04 PM

I apologise for mentioning your name, Mark.
It was not my intention to expose you publically.

The anonymous function is a safe function. The error lay in this case with a) me expressing my assumptions to another member, and b) Rasema choosing to post those assumptions publically.

I will use private messages more wisely in future. Please forgive me. :embarrass

markislam
09-29-2009, 06:17 PM
one of the brothers here used private messaging to contact me

Humbler_359
09-29-2009, 06:30 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters,

Please respect MARK, not necessary to put publicly here to know their problems in details. We must give him more respect and support in private messages.

You have wise to choose what's right for you and wife unless she could cooperate with you in order to avoid problems/conflicts under the same roof.

Wasalaam!

Cabdullahi
09-29-2009, 06:33 PM
thanks for the sherlock holmes impersonators

markislam
09-29-2009, 06:35 PM
on this forum right now iam the only new revert so any one can guess who posted here

Tony
09-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Assalamu aleykum Mark, I was only thinking about what had become of u today. How are you finding ur journey in Islam so far brother ?

markislam
09-29-2009, 07:22 PM
There is no way i can stop growing brother Islam is the way for me

Danah
09-29-2009, 08:04 PM
May Allah grant you ease on whatever he chose for you. I am so sorry about violating your privacy here, this is the first time such thing happened in using anonymous accounts!!
There most be some respect shown here to the privacy of others!

May Allah chose what is best for you. Don't rush things brother, May Allah grant both of you happiness, harmony to live together for the rest of your life.

you are in my duaa inshaAllah

Snowflake
09-29-2009, 08:32 PM

:sl: Don't be embarrassed bro. You're family remember? :)

As for the question.. if you didn't get married islamically then how can you divorce islamically? A non-muslim woman isn't expected to observe idah/islamic rulings as they do not apply to non-muslims. Hence she should be divorced by law. Btw, I'm not giving fatwa. It's logic.

:wa:

markislam
09-29-2009, 08:34 PM
well it is a family that is why i was more embarassed .

i heard some one say the same

glo
09-29-2009, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
just my opinion but if you didn't get an Islamic contract for marriage then you can't by the same token seek a divorce Islamically..
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
As for the question.. if you didn't get married islamically then how can you divorce islamically?
I was wondering the same.
I think the only way to reverse a marriage would be to revoke whichever way it was established in the first place.

glo
09-29-2009, 08:41 PM

i heard some one say the same
Mark, you have shared openly your concerns about your marriage and your relationship with your wife ever since you joined this forum - even before you reverted to Islam.

Every post I have read in response to your problems seems to have sympathetic and supportive ... so you don't need to feel embarrassed! This is a difficult change you are going through, and if people can support you then I am sure they will.

Do you have people who support you where you live - whether Muslims or non-Muslims?

Snowflake
09-29-2009, 08:45 PM
:sl: Well don't be bro. Those who make other's feel embarrassed about their problems should be embarrassed of themselves.

format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I was wondering the same.
I think the only way to reverse a marriage would be to revoke whichever way it was established in the first place.
Makes sense to me :)

markislam
09-29-2009, 09:10 PM
yes i have online support ;D

Mark, you have shared openly your concerns about your marriage and your relationship with your wife ever since you joined this forum - even before you reverted to Islam.

Every post I have read in response to your problems seems to have sympathetic and supportive ... so you don't need to feel embarrassed! This is a difficult change you are going through, and if people can support you then I am sure they will.

Do you have people who support you where you live - whether Muslims or non-Muslims?

glo
09-30-2009, 06:37 AM
yes i have online support ;D
That's the beauty of Internet forums - they stretch across the entire globe. :)

But seriously, do you have actual people in your 'real' world, who can support you through this?
People in this forum do all they can, but we are limited somehow.

Do you know any Muslims in your community?
How far is the nearest masjid?
Do other people know about your conversion, or is it just your wife at the moment?

Sampharo
09-30-2009, 10:17 AM
There is no way i can stop growing brother Islam is the way for me
Salamu Alaikom Mark,

I am sorry your anonymity were uncovered, I think you would've been able to maintain it if you remained hush-hush rather than identifying yourself at the first guess and nobody would have been the wiser, but it seems you're ok with it now anyway. :)

I implore you Mark to remain calm and take it easy. It was not more than a couple of weeks ago that you found Islam and some people take months and years, do not be this adamant to affect change in your life and the lives of those around you. Faith has ups and downs and you will need familiarity and comfort to draw strength from when the times come when the devil comes knocking on your heart's door. He's smart and he will choose the time when you are down and alone and begin throwing seeds of doubt in you and then will say "look at what you've done, you divorced your wife and lost your daughter and you weren't even sure!" He might be smart and use another approach or dumb and use a third one but the devil came to companions of the prophet and comes to the most evil of heathens so do not think that you are immune.

Your wife might need some time to adapt, and will need some more time to accept, and will need a whole lot more of time to be remotely interested in not phasing you out when you talk about Islam. You are allowed by Islam to marry a christian, and you are already married to one who is the mother of your child. If you divorce her without validity and so precipitously you would have wrecked your home for no reason. Islam is about patience and fortitude, and there is an opportunity to gain great rewards if after a year or two or five or ten through sincere duaa and supplication and soft Da'wa your wife's heart softens and accepts Islam.

Otherwise you should know that Islamically speaking if you divorce your wife (you'll need to do that legally on the original basis of your marriage. "fulfill your contracts" Islam says. Mouthing divorce is if you married while being muslim on the way of Islam), your daughter should be in her physical custody till the day she gets married. You will be throwing away the chance of getting your daughter exposed to Islam through you, and you should be an example of a balanced human being that accepted God's true religion and therefore should be an exemplary fair individual, who understands that it is not fair to expect others to accept in exactly the same way and at the same speed whatever it is that he individually accepted.

May God grant you the best in life and in the hereafter.

markislam
09-30-2009, 12:20 PM
even before i converted to Islam i had issues in my marriage :embarrass

format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
Salamu Alaikom Mark,

I am sorry your anonymity were uncovered, I think you would've been able to maintain it if you remained hush-hush rather than identifying yourself at the first guess and nobody would have been the wiser, but it seems you're ok with it now anyway. :)

I implore you Mark to remain calm and take it easy. It was not more than a couple of weeks ago that you found Islam and some people take months and years, do not be this adamant to affect change in your life and the lives of those around you. Faith has ups and downs and you will need familiarity and comfort to draw strength from when the times come when the devil comes knocking on your heart's door. He's smart and he will choose the time when you are down and alone and begin throwing seeds of doubt in you and then will say "look at what you've done, you divorced your wife and lost your daughter and you weren't even sure!" He might be smart and use another approach or dumb and use a third one but the devil came to companions of the prophet and comes to the most evil of heathens so do not think that you are immune.

Your wife might need some time to adapt, and will need some more time to accept, and will need a whole lot more of time to be remotely interested in not phasing you out when you talk about Islam. You are allowed by Islam to marry a christian, and you are already married to one who is the mother of your child. If you divorce her without validity and so precipitously you would have wrecked your home for no reason. Islam is about patience and fortitude, and there is an opportunity to gain great rewards if after a year or two or five or ten through sincere duaa and supplication and soft Da'wa your wife's heart softens and accepts Islam.

Otherwise you should know that Islamically speaking if you divorce your wife (you'll need to do that legally on the original basis of your marriage. "fulfill your contracts" Islam says. Mouthing divorce is if you married while being muslim on the way of Islam), your daughter should be in her physical custody till the day she gets married. You will be throwing away the chance of getting your daughter exposed to Islam through you, and you should be an example of a balanced human being that accepted God's true religion and therefore should be an exemplary fair individual, who understands that it is not fair to expect others to accept in exactly the same way and at the same speed whatever it is that he individually accepted.

May God grant you the best in life and in the hereafter.

Sampharo
09-30-2009, 01:42 PM
even before i converted to Islam i had issues in my marriage :embarrass
Even if you know for a fact that your differences are immutable and without any chance of reconciliation, I would still advise to try and seek peaceful existence for the sake of your daughter until she gains some perception of you and Islam. Otherwise you are sure to have your daughter be subjected to one-sided view of her mother whom you said thinks that Islam is about worshiping a moon-God, do you think your daughter will have a chance towards Islam under such influence?

Beyond that, if you still wish to part ways, consult an Islamic judge or a specialist scholar in marital and inheritance affairs on the exact steps to take as dissolving this marriage is not straightforward and you will need to learn exactly what needs to be done and what rights they still maintain after the divorce.

Good luck

markislam
09-30-2009, 03:29 PM
i dont have any one imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.