/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Indonesian Vigilantes Prepare to Invade Malaysia

north_malaysian
09-29-2009, 05:50 AM
Indonesian Vigilantes Prepare For Battle in Malaysia

At this moment in Jakarta, a group of Indonesians are putting the final touches to their plan to invade Malaysia and wage war. Benteng Demokrasi Rakyat has announced Oct. 8 as the date of this D-day, when it says it will avenge all the wrongs committed against Indonesia by its neighbor .

Established during this year’s presidential election, the group, also known as the People’s Democratic Defense, has attracted public attention with its protests calling on Indonesians to “kill Malaysians.” Earlier this month, the group set up roadblocks in Menteng, Central Jakarta, in an attempt to detain Malaysian citizens.

However, the roadblocks failed to net any Malaysians, according to Mustar Bona Ventura, the group’s coordinator. “If we had caught them, we would have sent them home,” the 32-year-old economics student said.

He said the group’s anti-Malaysian stance was not motivated solely by claims that the neighboring country has been busy stealing Indonesia’s culture.

“It’s the whole thing, including the claims on our islands and the abusive treatment of Indonesian migrant workers,” he said. “The breaking point was when they insulted us through our national anthem, ‘Indonesia Raya.’ ”

Tensions between the neighboring countries have reached a fever pitch this year due to unresolved sovereignty claims in the Ambalat waters; accusations that Malaysia has claimed Indonesian cultural heritage as its own, including the Balinese pendet dance, various dishes and batik; a recent offensive parody of Indonesia’s national anthem; and the abuse of Indonesian migrant workers in Malaysia.

Mustar said Bendera had already recruited more than 1,200 members and expects to sign up at least 300 more. The group said it recruited 600 volunteers in Greater Jakarta alone last week.

“People from all sorts of backgrounds came and registered,” he said. “We have students, farmers, lawyers, fishermen, teachers and many more. Disabled people also signed up.”

The group reportedly has 40 recruits who are deaf, 10 with limb deformities and 10 who are confined to wheelchairs.

Bendera’s seeming enthusiasm for conflict and claims that the planned invasion is going forward is contrary to government warnings: Teuku Faizasyah, a spokesman for the Foreign Affairs Ministry, has said the group’s members won’t get anywhere near Malaysia.

“If there are any Indonesian nationals who are intending to go to Malaysia for a confrontation, they will be arrested. It will be impossible for them to enter the country,” he said.

However, Mustar said that self-defense training and black magic spells designed to protect the troops had already been provided, with 150 members taking part in two sessions held at Bendera’s headquarters. The offices are located on Jalan Diponegoro in Menteng, Central Jakarta, an address that was formerly used as the headquarters for the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P).

“This [training] is to support our people, and we have also armed them with weapons that volunteers donated, such as samurai swords, ninja sticks and sharpened bamboo sticks,” Mustar said. “We really meant it when we said we were going to deploy [troops] to Malaysia to fight them on [Octoer 8].”

Asked how they intended to get their weapons through airport security, Mustar said, “It’s just a matter of technique. But of course we’re not telling you how.” He added that the cost of traveling to Malaysia was being covered by each individual.

He said the group had earlier sent letters to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and the Malaysian Embassy in Jakarta containing its list of demands.

“First, we asked the government to close the Malaysian Embassy here and send all the country’s citizens back home. Second, the government should close our embassy there and send home all the Indonesian migrant workers.

“And last of all, we demanded that the government declare war against Malaysia.”

Single mother Yuni said she felt it was her duty to help Indonesia protect its cultural heritage from Malaysia and to stand up for the rights of abused migrant workers. Just last month, she registered as a volunteer for Bendera and said she was ready to go to Malaysia to join the war, even if that meant leaving her three children behind in Pandeglang, West Java.

“Malaysia stole our islands and insulted our national anthem. As a citizen, I am called to participate [in the war],” she said.

She said that if the Indonesian government and military failed to take action, it was up to citizens to take over. “My will is strong for saving our beloved Indonesia,” the 40-year-old said. “I’m not afraid of anything.”

Another recruit, Endo Kosasih, echoed her sentiments, saying he was not afraid to die if he had to go to the battle zone.

“It will be the same if you die now or tomorrow,” the 26-year-old said. “I am brave.”

Like his fellow Bendera members, Endo took part in the self-defense training course. He also learned how to shoot a bow and arrow, and said his aim had become quite accurate.

Endo said he had the support of his family and was determined to join the troops going to Malaysia so he could defend the motherland.

“We don’t want our nation to be harassed, our culture to be stolen or [the lyrics of] our national anthem to be twisted,” Endo said.

Mustar said the group had already sent 10 people to Malaysia, to conduct reconnaissance and draw up battle plans. “You could say they are our spies,” he said.

And on Oct. 8, Mustar continued, 1,500 Bendera troops will leave for Malaysia by air, land and sea, although he refused to elaborate. The group also plans to deploy a second batch of troops at a later stage, he said, adding that Bendera would work with Indonesian migrant workers and students in Malaysia to help boost its numbers.

“And once we get there, we will fight furiously in an open war with the Malaysians. Just like the wars you’ve seen on TV,” he said. “For us, Malaysia has really crossed the line.

“And if our government has no courage, then [it is time] we start a war.”

Volunteer Sugeng Widodo plans to leave his wife, who is four months pregnant, should the group call upon him.

“I prioritize my country,” the father of two said. “My wife and children breathe the air of this country. That’s why [I prioritize it].”

Back home in Klaten, Central Java, 37-year-old Sugeng is a farmer but said he had been trained in Jakarta to use arrows and spears. He said Bendera members would also be trained in the use of guns.

He said he was determined to fight and would stay in Malaysia until the issue of Indonesian ownership in the Ambalat waters was resolved.

“We see how our migrant workers are treated and the government doesn’t do anything about it,” he said. “Every citizen has the right to be protected.

“I will fight until the last drop of my blood. That is what I will do to defend my country.”

Asked what the group would do if the planned invasion on Oct. 8 failed, Mustar said they would evaluate and then go back to the drawing board. The main priority, he said, would be to demand the Malaysian government publicly apologize to all Indonesians.

However, he said he was optimistic that nothing would stop the invasion, not even the Indonesian government, and that everything would go according to plan.

“Indonesia will win! Indonesia will win!” he said.

http://thejakartaglobe.com/home/indo...alaysia/331775

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
09-29-2009, 05:59 PM
:threadapp

ardianto
09-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Who are those clowns ?

Amadeus85
09-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Hold on, what's going on there, I have friends in Malaysia.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
09-30-2009, 01:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Who are those clowns ?
in Malaysia, the people are so hurt with this sort of news... I am afraid that some Malaysian clowns that we have here would do something to 2,000,000 plus Indonesian citizens here..

Actually, I do take this seriously... if these people managed to come to our shores...

north_malaysian
09-30-2009, 01:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
Hold on, what's going on there, I have friends in Malaysia.
I think it started when Malaysia won two islands called Sipadan and Ligitan in the International Court of Justice.. some Indonesians cant accept this decision and call our country as thief for stealing their islands.

well.. we lost Pedra Branca to Singapore via the same court too... and we are not that emotional...

Then, during Visit Malaysia 2007, the Malaysian tourism board made an advertisement using a song called "Rasa-Sayang Hei" as a theme song which originated from the Moluccas. Before this I've seen Malaysians and Indonesians singing this song together with no problems.

Then Malaysia started promoting "Batik" cloth worldwide and kinda getting popular among the people abroad and many of them seems to associate Batik with Malaysia. Malaysia never claim that Batik is originated from Malaysia, we just promote it to the global scene. Then these people accuse Malaysia of claiming Batik originated from Malaysia.

Then the food and culture, the said the we stole their food and culture. 80% of ethnic Malays in Malaysia have Indonesian ancestry and connection with Indonesia... I think that it's kinda weird to accuse people related to you as thieves when they eat food and practice the same customs in other country. Imagine Italians protesting the Americans for stealing their pizzas...

Then there were incidents of our navy encroached Indonesian border at Ambalat islands ... and if Im not mistaken we've apologised for that incident... but still some Indonesians claim that we're invading their country.

Last august, Discovery Channel SE Asia dedicated the month for Malaysian independence day where lots of Malaysian-theme documentaries were shown and this channel is viewable in all SE Asian nations. Discovery Channel SE Asia is based in singapore and did a promo about Malaysia through out the month. In that promo there was a still picture of Balinese dance called "Pendet". The Indonesians were so furious and saying that we've crossed the line by stealing their dance.

99.99% of Malaysians never heard of "Pendet Dance" and Discovery Channel issued a statement apologising for using that picture.. which is not Malaysian fault at all... but still this "Bendera" group organise a "Sweeping Malaysians" campaign on a busy street where they set up a roadblock checking vehicle drivers and passangers ID cards. If they find a Malaysian, he'll be sent out from Indonesia at that moment.. Thanks to God, no Malaysians were there that day...

And now this clowns "Bendera" group are going to invade Malaysia this 8th October.

I hope our good brothers and sisters in Indonesia would help us from these crazy people.

ardianto
09-30-2009, 07:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
in Malaysia, the people are so hurt with this sort of news... I am afraid that some Malaysian clowns that we have here would do something to 2,000,000 plus Indonesian citizens here..

Actually, I do take this seriously... if these people managed to come to our shores...
We are really sorry if this news has hurt Malaysian. But don't be worry, the invasion plan is just a 'joke' and will not becomes real. Persons behind them are idle politicians who cannot go to parliament hall. They are sick people.

north_malaysian
09-30-2009, 07:18 AM
We are really sorry if this news has hurt Malaysian. But don't be worry, the invasion plan is just a 'joke' and will not becomes real. Persons behind them are idle politicians who cannot go to parliament hall. They are sick people.
Yeah, these people are very sick people... :hmm:

I am afraid if our own "sick people" would retaliate against Indonesian nationals here...

Ramadhan
09-30-2009, 07:33 AM
Clearly the Indonesian government needs to take firm action against this kind of vigilante business.

But some of the politicians may use this kind of thing to advance their own interests, in fact many of them may even stir up this stupid anti Malaysia sentiment so the news about high profile corruption are drowned out.

pramudito
09-30-2009, 09:03 AM
At this moment in Jakarta, a group of Indonesians are putting the final touches to their plan to invade Malaysia and wage war.
A group. No sweat. Seriously.

However, the roadblocks failed to net any Malaysians, according to Mustar Bona Ventura, the group’s coordinator. “If we had caught them, we would have sent them home,” the 32-year-old economics student said.

sent them home? who would pay the costs?

Mustar said Bendera had already recruited more than 1,200 members and expects to sign up at least 300 more. The group said it recruited 600 volunteers in Greater Jakarta alone last week.
1,200 people? University of Indonesia have been admitting more than 3000 students per annum for years, so to speak, they would barely fill the Uni's auditorium.

“Indonesia will win! Indonesia will win!” he said.
just like any citizen would. Brazilian said: "Alonso will win!", Chinese said: "Yao Ming rules!", and etc and etc.

I am Indonesian, but I will always have Malaysia close by my heart. Any clash between the two would have sunken my heart.

remember NM, my in sister in law is a Malaysian. she is living in a totally peaceful atmosphere, here in Jakarta.:D

north_malaysian
09-30-2009, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Clearly the Indonesian government needs to take firm action against this kind of vigilante business.

But some of the politicians may use this kind of thing to advance their own interests, in fact many of them may even stir up this stupid anti Malaysia sentiment so the news about high profile corruption are drowned out.
Is it true that Indonesian media still harping on "Tarian Pendet" issue even after Discovery Channel apologised and said that Malaysia is innocent?

When we heard about it at first, we were like "What is Tarian Pendet? How can we claim something as our culture when we never heard of it"

I think that there could be a third party behind this who doesnt want to see both nations living peacefully.

north_malaysian
09-30-2009, 09:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by pramudito
sent them home? who would pay the costs?
their politicians? do you know who is actually behind them?

1,200 people? University of Indonesia have been admitting more than 3000 students per annum for years, so to speak, they would barely fill the Uni's auditorium.
yup... 1,200 out of 200,000,000 plus people ... it's like 0.0006% of the whole population

I am Indonesian, but I will always have Malaysia close by my heart. Any clash between the two would have sunken my heart.
If the two nations clash... it'll break my heart too... if my country decided to invade or attack Indonesia (May God forbid that).. I'll be in Putrajaya protesting against it Inshallah!!

remember NM, my in sister in law is a Malaysian. she is living in a totally peaceful atmosphere, here in Jakarta.:D
we have Indonesian neighbours too... we'll protect them if our own sick people decided to sweep them away.

pramudito
09-30-2009, 09:30 AM
no one would pay for such matter. politicians are the same, if things are beneficial, they would take off their shirt for that. in this issue, i hardly foresee their motives.

If the two nations clash... it'll break my heart too... if my country decided to invade or attack Indonesia (May God forbid that).. I'll be in Putrajaya protesting against it Inshallah!!
I'll be everywhere against the idea:shade:

we have Indonesian neighbours too... we'll protect them if our own sick people decided to sweep them away.
you're the man!

ardianto
10-01-2009, 01:29 PM
I don't know in exactly who are they. But I think they are politicians who have eliminated in election. The coordinator, Mustar Bona Ventura is a one of them, and he was an activist in Forum Kota (Forkot), a group that often launched political protest in late of 90's.

Benteng Demokrasi Rakyat (Bendera) also launch many protests including protest about election result.

Sampharo
10-01-2009, 04:35 PM
However, Mustar said that self-defense training and black magic spells designed to protect the troops had already been provided
I think Nigeria should object to its heritage of voodoo being hijacked.

“....and we have also armed them with weapons that volunteers donated, such as samurai swords, ninja sticks and sharpened bamboo sticks,”
Japanese weapons? These guys are going for economy AND efficiency!

Problem is, half the malays they'll bump into in Malaysia will be indonesian tourists or workers themselves! :)

I've been in KL for over a year now and frankly it's funny for those clowns to be mad at Malaysians out of all people!!!

north_malaysian
10-02-2009, 01:12 AM
I don't know in exactly who are they. But I think they are politicians who have eliminated in election. The coordinator, Mustar Bona Ventura is a one of them, and he was an activist in Forum Kota (Forkot), a group that often launched political protest in late of 90's.

Benteng Demokrasi Rakyat (Bendera) also launch many protests including protest about election result.
I wonder if this Mustar Bona Ventura dude is a Muslim... he did mention something about black magic right?:exhausted

ardianto
10-02-2009, 02:47 AM
I wonder if this Mustar Bona Ventura dude is a Muslim... he did mention something about black magic right?:exhausted
Mustar Bona Ventura Manurung is non-Muslim.

syilla
10-02-2009, 03:51 AM
I don't think the media should encouraged hatred...they should avoid these type of articles.

north_malaysian
10-02-2009, 04:06 AM
i think the media has downplayed this issue as everyone is more focusing on the quakes.

kawaiigardiner
10-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Nice to see there is lots of love still left to be inside the Ummah.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-02-2009, 01:12 PM
^ you must need a magnifying glass. there is love in the ummah everywhere.

ardianto
10-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Indonesians and Malaysians are the weirdest people in the universe.
They often blow up a little case into big troubles for abuse or mock each other, like in cases of folk song, traditional arts, typical foods, etc. But in certain matter they agree to support each other and make a good co-operation. In example, Saturday 17 Oct, a number of Indonesians launched "Global Ikhwan Club Indonesia", this is a branch of "Global Ikhwan Malaysia", a polygamy club.
:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.