/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A few questions...

AnonymousPoster
09-29-2009, 08:01 AM
1) Is it OK to say 'Istighfar' instead of the full 'Astaghfirullah' on tasbeeh? or in general?

2) I've started praying 5 times a day since Ramadhan started Alhumdulillah. The problme is, I have 1 hour lunch break and it takes me half hour to pray Zuhr.

It takes this long because there is no prayer room in the building I work in, so I have to walk up the road to the town hall and its quite a long walk all the way down in the basement where the prayer room is located. On top of that, my wudu breaks easily and I need time to re-do it. Sometimes it takes 45 mins althogether.

Somtimes I only get half hour lunch which doesn't give me enough time to pray. Is it possible in these circumstances to pray just 4 farz for Zuhr?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
09-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Assalamualaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
1) Is it OK to say 'Istighfar' instead of the full 'Astaghfirullah' on tasbeeh? or in general?

It would be better if u say Astaghfirullah.

2) I've started praying 5 times a day since Ramadhan started Alhumdulillah. The problem is, I have 1 hour lunch break and it takes me half hour to pray Zuhr.

It takes this long because there is no prayer room in the building I work in, so I have to walk up the road to the town hall and its quite a long walk all the way down in the basement where the prayer room is located. On top of that, my wudu breaks easily and I need time to re-do it. Sometimes it takes 45 mins althogether.

Somtimes I only get half hour lunch which doesn't give me enough time to pray. Is it possible in these circumstances to pray just 4 farz for Zuhr?

Most of the people have the same problem only if u try to eat ur lunch as fast as u can then u can pray.It is OK to pray only farz if the time is not sufficient even in normal days.

Innocent Soul
09-29-2009, 03:55 PM
I hope this helps u.
http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/74978/no%...r%20%20praying

Muslim Woman
09-29-2009, 04:10 PM
:sl:

Sometimes it takes 45 mins althogether.

There is no clean space in ur office where u can offer salat ? It does not have to be a seperate prayer room for Muslims.

May Allah make it easy for u .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sampharo
10-01-2009, 03:20 PM
No it's not ok, you need to say Astaghfirullah, because "istighfar" is the "name" of what you do when you say Astaghfirullah. You can't sit and say "forgiveness... forgiveness..." instead "God forgive me... God forgive me". However, istighfar is not part of tasbeeh 33 times after prayer, only "Subhan Allah", "Al-Hamdolellah", and "Allahu Akbar" are. Astaghfirullah is only three times after you finish prayer.

2) I've started praying 5 times a day since Ramadhan started Alhumdulillah. The problme is, I have 1 hour lunch break and it takes me half hour to pray Zuhr.

First, wherever prayer catches you, you need to pray. If that prayer room is making adhan and you can hear the adhan from it without loudspeakers, then it shouldn't take you 45 minutes to go and come back. Since that is the case, it is then too far and as you can see you are choosing to compromise on the sunnah, which even though it is possible to not pray them, you're losing a great deal on their reward.

Pray behind your desk or in the empty lounge on your floor or something, since there is no close mosque (a prayer room in town hall is not a mosque) that you can walk to in under 5 minutes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.