/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Working @ Macdonalds

anonymous
09-29-2009, 10:28 PM
I got a job @ Macdonalds i'll be a cashier...

what do you all think?

I'll be taking peoples orders, wont be cooking. No heat!

I'm a little bit nervous, I start on thursday.

Its just across the street so its of convinience.

Have any of yous worked at macs be4?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
KiWi
09-30-2009, 02:57 AM
:sl:

correct me if im wrong...

doesn’t almost all of McDonalds’ food contain bacon (pork = haram)?
as Muslims, it is our duty to earn living through halal means
it is haram to sell wat is forbidden
we cant eat, touch, nor sell pork

there’s also a hadith..
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said ::
“When Allaah forbids eating a thing, He also forbids its price.”
Narrated by Ahmad and Abu Dawood

Allah says in the Quran..
“...but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment.” (Surah al-Maa'idah 5:2)

may Allah make it easy for u
ameen

north_malaysian
09-30-2009, 03:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KiWi

correct me if im wrong...

doesn’t almost all of McDonalds’ food contain beckon (pork = haram)?
as Muslims, it is our duty to earn living through halal means
it is haram to sell wat is forbidden
we cant eat, touch, nor sell pork

there’s also a hadith..
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said ::
“When Allaah forbids eating a thing, He also forbids its price.”
Narrated by Ahmad and Abu Dawood

Allah says in the Quran..
“...but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment.” (Surah al-Maa'idah 5:2)

may Allah make it easy for u
ameen
maybe he's working in a halal certified McD

kwolney01
09-30-2009, 03:34 AM
I've worked at McDonald's before when I was 16 before I was Muslim. It wasn't that bad just a lot of hard work if your busy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KiWi
09-30-2009, 03:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
maybe he's working in a halal certified McD
r there halal McDonalds? :hmm:

if he is...i dont see a prob not working there

A-Believer-25
09-30-2009, 03:57 AM

Yup, we gotta be careful were we work. I want to look for an easy halal job. :D

I know Mcdonalds in the united states sell bacon, and selling anything Haram is haram.

syilla
09-30-2009, 04:13 AM
They are halal McD in Malaysia :D

and also i think there is a halal McD in london near tudor road.

Ramadhan
09-30-2009, 04:14 AM
McDonalds in Indonesia are pork-free and they are certified halal By Majlis Ulema Indonesia
Actually, all fast food restaurants in Indonesia are pork-free

Humbler_359
09-30-2009, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kwolney01
I've worked at McDonald's before when I was 16 before I was Muslim. It wasn't that bad just a lot of hard work if your busy.
:sl: Sister,

You mean, before I WAS Muslim? So this is better, "..................when I was 16 before I became Muslim." It sound like you were Muslim before, you are still Muslim today, correct ! :statisfie

Snowflake
09-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Boycott McDonalds.

http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-israel.html

north_malaysian
09-30-2009, 06:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KiWi
r there halal McDonalds? :hmm:
there are like hundreds of certified halal McDs here...

Cabdullahi
09-30-2009, 08:46 AM
brother get me the tartar sauce!!!

AnonymousPoster
09-30-2009, 10:21 AM
wat made you all tink im a brother

im a sister

Sampharo
09-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Dear Anonymous,

All scholars agree that it is forbidden to work at a restaurant that serves forbidden products such as pork or alcohol even if the employment environment is not so good. Only if you are about to starve may you accept such work (you need to be unable to get your day's meal), where it is still forbidden but the Shariah considers your work a necessity and therefore you will be forgiven.

Working at a McDonalds that is serving pork products or food cooked in pork fat or alcohol based sauces is haram even if you are only working as a cashier. The prophet -pbuh- said: "God curse the jews, when pork fat was forbidden on them, they packed it and sold it, and took its price". As an employee serving the company that profits from forbidden business, you are helping them in it and is assisting them in harm and transgression تعاون على الإثم والعدوان.

If the work is in a halal certified McDonalds or one that does not use forbidden pork and alcohol, your work is fine.

God knows best.

Cabdullahi
09-30-2009, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
wat made you all tink im a brother

im a sister
tartar sauce :(

cat eyes
09-30-2009, 01:37 PM
sis ask a scholar weather its halal or not. everywhere in Europe the majority sell pork. i once asked a scholar about it and he said because of the fact you are living in the west and you cannot find any other job and you dont have any money and your hands are tied then Allah allows it. your selling that food to hungry non muslims not muslims but get a second opinion from a scholar

AnonymousPoster
09-30-2009, 05:59 PM
I didnt expect people to tell me its haram, i was more xpecting something along the lines as ''your a sister people might be rude to you'', but fatwas and harams didnt expect that.:muddlehea

I'm starting tomorrow, I made the manager a promise that I will work I cant decide all of a sudden not to show up. That will make me look like a liar, especially after she gave me a job after rejecting 7 other people that same day.:hmm:

crayon
09-30-2009, 06:01 PM
^Or you could just be honest with her and tell her you recently discovered that the job compromises you religious values, and that you appreciate it, but you won't be able to work there.

anonymous
09-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Like i said im not cooking anything,
im taking peoples orders
wont be touching anything haram
theres no alcohol

I need to show myself that im capable of doing this
It will be my first job, Allah knows that my hearts not bad.

anyone who lives in a kufar country is bound to come in touch wit haram (not intentionally) but it happens. No one can guarantee that all your jobs are 100 halal.

cat eyes
09-30-2009, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I didnt expect people to tell me its haram, i was more xpecting something along the lines as ''your a sister people might be rude to you'', but fatwas and harams didnt expect that.:muddlehea

I'm starting tomorrow, I made the manager a promise that I will work I cant decide all of a sudden not to show up. That will make me look like a liar, especially after she gave me a job after rejecting 7 other people that same day.:hmm:
sis if your hands are tied do the job Allah dose not want place a burden on anybody

zakirs
10-01-2009, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
sis if your hands are tied do the job Allah dose not want place a burden on anybody
Yes turn up for the job and pray to Allah to help.And please can u gift me a free coke for the advice (large one please :P )

edit: In the mean time keep looking for better jobs.

kwolney01
10-01-2009, 04:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
:sl: Sister,

You mean, before I WAS Muslim? So this is better, "..................when I was 16 before I became Muslim." It sound like you were Muslim before, you are still Muslim today, correct ! :statisfie
Sorry if that was confusing...no I was not Muslim when I worked there. I was saying I was 16 at the time, I converted when I was 19.

Sampharo
10-01-2009, 05:33 AM
I'm starting tomorrow, I made the manager a promise that I will work I cant decide all of a sudden not to show up...

...your selling that food to hungry non muslims not muslims...

...sis if your hands are tied do the job Allah dose not want place a burden on anybody
Subhanallah, we say the prophet says, and they say but I think otherwise. :hmm:

Necessity is by hunger and starvation, not less. It seems you have an internet connection and living with your parents who are taking care of the basics, so you're responsible if you accept this job.

The dictation is clear on its own but it is also the opinion of all established schools of jurisprudence and sheikhs.

"What is the ruling on one who works in a restaurant where haraam drinks are sold, but he avoids preparing or carrying these drinks to customers, but he continues to serve the customers if they ask for food and drinks which are not haraam? Taking into account the fact that I pass by people who are drinking them and I see those who are serving them, as it is one place. What is the ruling on the Muslim who deals in them for the purpose of attracting customers? What is the ruling on serving pork to customers when working in that restaurant, as a service and work for the purpose of earning a living? What is the ruling on the owner of a restaurant who has pork and earns money from it?

Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly: it is haraam to work and earn a living by helping people to consume haraam things such as alcohol and pork. The payment for that is haraam, because this is a kind of cooperating in sin and transgression, and Allaah prohibited that when He said (interpretation of the meaning):
“…but do not help one another in sin and transgression…” [al-Maa’idah 5:2]
We advise you to keep away from working in this and similar restaurants, because this will keep you from helping in anything that Allaah has forbidden.
Secondly: it is forbidden for a Muslim to sell haraam things such as pork and alcohol. It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“When Allaah forbids a thing, He also forbids its price.”
Provision and the attraction of customers are things that are in the hand of Allaah, and they are not to be found in selling haraam things. The Muslim must fear Allaah and follow His commands and heed His prohibitions.
“And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine” [al-Talaaq 65:2-3 – interpretation of the meaning]

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid"

AnonymousPoster
10-02-2009, 04:41 PM
^What if I tell my employer that I dont want to sell pork.. and she understands, is it still haram for me to work there?

They dont even sell that much pork, for breakfast only i think but rest of the times its beef or fish.

Sampharo
10-02-2009, 04:52 PM
^ That is not possible in a restaurant. You're a cashier and will ring up whatever is ordered. Additionally in McDonalds cashiers bag the food and put it on the tray, so despite what you say you will still be handling the food with your hands.

Unless you're starving and this job is your only possible way out of it, it is haraam to work at a restaurant that serves haraam products. Your choice, sister, on whether or not to do this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.