/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am i wrong

AnonymousPoster
09-30-2009, 03:06 PM
A new convert asks me why i want to marry a non Arab, i replied because i can not afford to marry in my country;moreover, i would like to immigrate to achieve selfdependence.Mostimportantly she is religious.

This is the truth.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sampharo
09-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Some of what you say is wrong, yes.

Not being able to marry an Arab girl because of cost and unreasonable family requests is a genuine deep-rooted social problem that many men are facing. You're not wrong in that.

Wanting to use a foreign girl as a stepping stone to emigrate and find your riches sounds like using her, and in the majority (not all) of such instances I witnessed the girls got divorced or were emotionally neglected because interest in her was not part of the equation the guy began with anyway. It's unfair of you to think like that.

Be aware that most young men going to western countries without adequate job experience and education end up just as miserable and jobless as they were in theirs. If you are working in a professionally challenging job and has career prospects but the general standard of living is low, wait for an employment opportunity to take you where living standards are better. Don't do the old "marrying a passport" move, it ends up mostly in misery and disappointment.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-30-2009, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
A new convert asks me why i want to marry a non Arab, i replied because i can not afford to marry in my country;moreover, i would like to immigrate to achieve selfdependence.Mostimportantly she is religious.

This is the truth.
everything your wanting to do here is completely halal.
about the self-independance - i hope you dont want to be independant from your parents - they are your doors to heaven :)

i see nothing wrong at all

I hope for the best for you inshAllaah

Assalamu Alaikum

Muhaba
09-30-2009, 04:23 PM
How many of the Prophet (SAW)'s marriages resulted in good relations with different tribes? (Maybe the main reason for those marriages wasn't tribal relations but lots of his marriages did result in good relations with certain tribes. If anyone has info about this, plz post it here.)

So IMO marrying someone for such reasons isn't by itself wrong imo, if you don't intend to divorce once your aim is achieved. If however, your only aim is the passport and you have no other interest in your spouse and once you get the passport you will divorce her, then that's a terrible thing to do.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
09-30-2009, 04:36 PM
i am sorry but it sounds like from your post is coming across as if you just want to marry a non arab just to get residence in the west:hmm: ask yourself what do you want and do you really want to get married or is it about achieving worldly things

mathematician
09-30-2009, 05:14 PM

This is the truth.
salamu 'alaykum,
Whatever you do please don't use her to get what you want and then divorce her. Think of how you would want someone to treat your sisters if you have any.

If you have good intentions, then may Allah make things easy for you. Ameen.

crayon
09-30-2009, 05:17 PM

This is the truth.
You can justify your desire to anyone, but ultimately, you know what is in your heart, and what your intentions are. If they are sincere, then go for it, if not, stay clear.

"Actions are (judged) by motives (niyyah), so each man will have what he intended. Thus, he whose migration (hijrah) was to Allah and His Messenger, his migration is to Allah and His Messenger; but he whose migration was for some worldly thing he might gain, or for a wife he might marry, his migration is to that for which he migrated."

S_87
09-30-2009, 05:20 PM
if those are ur intentions the no theres nothing wrong with it...

GuestFellow
09-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Nope doesn't sound wrong to me.

AnonymousPoster
09-30-2009, 05:53 PM
if she helps me, i would be grateful to her.Moreover, as she is muslim, we will be a good match. Iswear i have no intention to divorce nor to cheat but to build house full of obedience.

tresbien
09-30-2009, 07:40 PM
I will love the dust she walks on if she says yes.

zakirs
09-30-2009, 09:38 PM
I will love the dust she walks on if she says yes.
???..
btw Isn;t that too much of admiration.. O_o

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.