/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Software Patents

Uthman
09-30-2009, 07:27 PM
:salamext:

I'm doing some research and I'm wondering if anybody has studied or has some knowledge of this particular issue. Software patenting is quite a controversial issue amongst computer scientists, with some thinking it's a very good thing and others thinking it's a bad thing. For the purposes of my research, I need to know some strong arguments in favour of software patents.

I've trawled the web already and found some useful info so I don't want any web links. Instead, I want to hear from some people who might know a thing or two about the issue. Can anybody help?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
09-30-2009, 07:36 PM
the gnu licence?

ardianto
10-03-2009, 04:25 AM
Create a software is not easy. The software creator should thinking hard, spend many times and even costs. And the software creator cannot gives the software for free because create a software is their job for make money.
They need patent for protect them from software maker who imitate or copy their software, and 'steals their food'.

Unfortunately, those patented software usually very expensive.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.