/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to worship God

index123
10-01-2009, 03:36 AM
I don't know lately I have been extremely extreme and this is a very basic Question does islam allow you to worship God however you imagine him to be or is there a chance you could be worshiping a false God. I want to worship My concept of God, I imagine him as a bright yellow light, however I feel like whenever I'm reading the Qu'ran i'am not taking guidance from it.. I'm freaking confused I'm I worshiping him the right way.

And there are among men some who give their 'ibadah to Allah, as it were, on the verge; if good befalls them they are well content; but if it is trying circumstances, they turn away-losers in this life and the next-a sheer and utter loss. Then, having turned away from Allah, they call to those who have no power to do them either harm or good-and this is straying far indeed, for they call those for help whose being thus sought brings more loss than gain. How useless is the (supposed) helper, and how evil a companion!

This happened because I tried being sufi, Omg then I saw what became of sufis ugh omg.. its got me confused as crap i just want to worship God and Its like sufis worship everything but God... is it Idol worship to worship the way I imagine him?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DigitalStorm82
10-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Worship him as if you see Him, although you see Him not, but know that He surely sees you.

Try to focus on your surroundings, as in - Imagine yourself on marble floor and Kabaa in front of you. Focus on Kabaa because you cannot imagine Allah... or focus on your prostration because you are prostrating in front of your creator. Humble yourself and perfect your postures.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.