Soulja Girl
10-01-2009, 06:40 PM
:sl:

^Sorry, post edited! :><:

:wa:

al Amaanah
10-01-2009, 06:53 PM
:salamext:

its nice masha Allah but i think its too much for a masjid wAllaho a3lam. jazaaki Allaho khairan for sharing.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
10-01-2009, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al Amaanah
:salamext:

its nice masha Allah but i think its too much for a masjid wAllaho a3lam. jazaaki Allaho khairan for sharing.

:w:
pretty but like sis al amaanah said

GuestFellow
10-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Oh now I can see it! Very nice.

Güven
10-01-2009, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
pretty but like sis al amaanah said
designed by a WOMAN. :exhausted

Humbler_359
10-01-2009, 09:18 PM

Impressive, where is location of this Mosque?

Güven
10-01-2009, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359

Impressive, where is location of this Mosque?
The Şakirin Mosque is located at one of the entrances to Karacaahmet Cemetery in Üsküdar, Istanbul. ( Anatolian side of the city)

The Blue Mosque(Sultan Ahmed) is still the most beautiful of whole turkey IMO.

ardianto
10-02-2009, 03:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

If you don't see the interior you will not know why this mosque named BLUE mosque.
I never went to turkey, but I have seen this mosque on my TV.

Amanda
10-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Wow... that is beautiful!

yasin ibn Ahmad
10-02-2009, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Designed by a woman...
So sorry but it is ot designed by a woman.It is all media's fault.Most newspapers anounced that the mosque was designed by Zeynep Fadıllıoğlu but after a while the same media said they made a mistake.
The real architect is Hüsrev Tayla who spent his 84-year-old life on mosque architecture in Turkey.I have no problem with a woman for designing a mosque.But it would be unfair for the real architect.That is why I post this.
Salaam from Turkey.

The ones who know Turkish see this link please.

HopeFul
10-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Assalamoalaikum,

Look at all these fancy mosques in UAE, Pakistan, Kuwait, Turkey, Indonesia, , Malaylsia etc... What a shame, we should be ashamed of ourselves making gold plated this and that of a building. Sometimes it makes me feel sick!!

If there are many muslims in a community, one should make a big mosque with a big compound or a big hall for bad weather but all this decoration??? And these mosques are usually empty.

The biggest mosque in the world being built by Abu DHabi Governement is completely out of the city, only digniteries etc will pray there. or the few people who can afford to drive there..a huge mosque for a few people... how stupid is that.

Look at the way Muslims are suffering in the world because of suppression and lack of daily resources and rich people spend on fancy mosques.. sickening...

The surplus money saved from smple mosques could be spent on making simple mosqurs in communities where people want tp pray and dont ahve the means to build one, or to feed some poor children, or to give some medical help to palestinians, or bosnians etc..

Our youth has no knowledhe of Islam, some money could be spent to educate them, to counter-act the media brain washing...

Sigh...

kawaiigardiner
10-02-2009, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
The Şakirin Mosque is located at one of the entrances to Karacaahmet Cemetery in Üsküdar, Istanbul. ( Anatolian side of the city)

Ah, the Hagia Sophia - they're restoring the original mosaics which look absolutely beautiful.

Oh how I loath those philistines who destroy beautiful art work in the name of dogma - may they live in circle 9 of hell which is reserved for the worst of all creatures.

ardianto
10-03-2009, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kawaiigardiner
Ah, the Hagia Sophia - they're restoring the original mosaics which look absolutely beautiful.
That is not Hagia Sophia but Sultan Ahmed mosque (Blue mosque) that was built between 1609-1616 during the rule of Sultan Ahmed I.

Hagia Sophia became a mosque after the fall of Constatinopel. However, at 1937 Kemal ata Turk changed this building function into museum, and never used for pray again

Oh how I loath those philistines who destroy beautiful art work in the name of dogma - may they live in circle 9 of hell which is reserved for the worst of all creatures.
Philistines ?....the ancient Palestinian ?
People who defeated Byzantium and invaded Constatinopel was Turkish, not Palestinian.

kawaiigardiner
10-03-2009, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
That is not Hagia Sophia but Sultan Ahmed mosque (Blue mosque) that was built between 1609-1616 during the rule of Sultan Ahmed I.

Hagia Sophia became a mosque after the fall of Constatinopel. However, at 1937 Kemal ata Turk changed this building function into museum, and never used for pray again

Philistines ?....the ancient Palestinian ?
People who defeated Byzantium and invaded Constatinopel was Turkish, not Palestinian.
Learn the definitions of words please:

Philistine |ˈfiləˌstēn; -ˌstīn|
noun
1 a member of a non-Semitic (perhaps originally Anatolian) people of southern Palestine in ancient times, who came into conflict with the Israelites during the 12th and 11th centuries bc.
According to the Bible, the Philistines, from whom the country of Palestine took its name, came from Crete and settled the southern coastal plain of Canaan in the 12th century bc.

2 (usu. philistine) a person who is hostile or indifferent to culture and the arts, or who has no understanding of them : [as adj. ] a philistine government.

ardianto
10-03-2009, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kawaiigardiner
Learn the definitions of words please:
Thanks for your explanation. :sunny:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.