/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quran

AnonymousPoster
10-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Salaam,

I just had to mention that i have completed the Quran and on completion i felt as if i was over the moon. I cannot describe how amazing it felt to complete it and wanted to share it with the brothers / sisters!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
10-02-2009, 09:04 AM
mabrook... i envy you :D huhu

The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: "Envy is allowed in two cases, in case of a man whom Allah has given the Qur'aan and who recites it throughout night and day; and a man on whom Allah has bestowed wealth who gives it away throughout night and day." [Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim] and he (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) also explained what may be said: "I wish I were given what he was given and did with it what he did."

Innocent Soul
10-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Mabrook...:statisfie
O hope u have started another Quran.

AnonymousPoster
10-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Quick question...about the dua after completion of the Quran..we can wish for anythign right??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
10-02-2009, 02:44 PM
I heard the angels come and kiss the servant between the nose when they complete the Quran. I truely felt blessed on completion of the Quran..it was the best feeling i have ever expereinced.

Muslim Woman
10-02-2009, 03:05 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Quick question...about the dua after completion of the Quran..we can wish for anythign right??
anything lawful , yes :statisfie

Ramadhan
10-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Congratulations!

I know how happy you feel :)
You can now start another one, and memorising more surat

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2009, 09:37 PM
MABROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!

i say you treat yourself to some hot chocolate :D

Tony
10-02-2009, 09:39 PM
I am very happy for you, a well deserved feeling of elation

'Abd-al Latif
10-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Now learn arabic, because a translation of the Qur'an is not considered the Qur'an. Only the arabic Qur'an is considered the Qur'an.

Surely We have revealed it-- an Arabic Quran-- that you may understand. [12:2]

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2009, 09:43 PM
^ huh? lol bro, the OP said he completed Quran, ie read the whole thing :D

'Abd-al Latif
10-02-2009, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
^ huh? lol bro, the OP said he completed Quran, ie read the whole thing :D
Does an empty plate fill your stomach?

Without knowing what you're reading, what admonition will you recieve in prayer or by it's recitation in general?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2009, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Does an empty plate fill your stomach?

Without knowing what you're reading, what admonition will you recieve in prayer or by it's recitation in general?
of course i agree we should all understand the Quran :) no doubt but bro i've seen knowledgable brothers who have studied the Quran and learned arabic have LESS a'mal and adhaab/akhlaaq then those who have hardly any knowledge then those who always recite the Quran without understanding and stay doing good deeds.

point being - reading the Quran is good wether understood or not but OF COURSE far better understood :)

hidaayah is always from Allah... people who have never read the Quran could have amazing admonition and guidance.

Take the example of our beloved prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam from way before he became a nabi , he defied the ways of his culture completely and it was natural to him

this is the guidance of Allah due to his pure fitrah :)

جوري
10-02-2009, 09:52 PM
masha'Allah mabrook mabrook..
I second sr. syilla's huhuhu as well as envy ..

May Allah grant us completion of the Quran from the heart and the mind insha'Allah

:w:

'Abd-al Latif
10-02-2009, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
of course i agree we should all understand the Quran :) no doubt but bro i've seen knowledgable brothers who have studied the Quran and learned arabic have LESS a'mal and adhaab/akhlaaq then those who have hardly any knowledge then those who always recite the Quran without understanding and stay doing good deeds.

point being - reading the Quran is good wether understood or not but OF COURSE far better understood :)

hidaayah is always from Allah... people who have never read the Quran could have amazing admonition and guidance.

Take the example of our beloved prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam from way before he became a nabi , he defied the ways of his culture completely and it was natural to him

this is the guidance of Allah due to his pure fitrah :)
Why use the ignorant as an example that the arabic language should be taken lightly?

Al-Imaam Ash-Shaafi’i said: “People didn’t become ignorant and didn’t differ amongst themselves except because they left Arabic and leaned towards the language of Aristotle.” [Quoted by As-Suyuti in Sawn Al-Mantiq p15.]

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2009, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
QUOTE=Fighting4Iman;1228847]

Why use the ignorant as an example that the arabic language should be taken lightly?

Al-Imaam Ash-Shaafi’i said: “People didn’t become ignorant and didn’t differ amongst themselves except because they left Arabic and leaned towards the language of Aristotle.” [Quoted by As-Suyuti in Sawn Al-Mantiq p15.]
lol you understood from my post that the arabic language should be taken lightly?

from my post i only understood that reading Quran is amazing and great wether understood or not even though better understood.

i encourage EVERYSINGLE PERSON i ever meet to learn arabic ! i understand its importance.

yet i NEVER belittle those who do not know it and read the Quran just out of love for Allah and islaam :)

DigitalStorm82
10-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Mashallah

Are you ready to be the Guardian of the Quran? i.e memorize :)

Banu_Hashim
10-02-2009, 11:17 PM
As-Salaamu 'Alaikum

Congratulations. May you complete the Qur'an many times over, inshaAllah :).

Rasema
10-03-2009, 12:13 AM
:sl:
I'm happy for you. I have my favorite hadeeth handy so I'll share it with you:

Abu Malik al-Harith ibn 'Asim al-Ash'ari reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Purity is half of belief. 'Praise be to Allah' fills up the balance, and 'Glory be to Allah and praise be to Allah' fills up everything between the heavens and the earth. The prayer is a light. Sadaqa is a proof. Steadfastness is an illumination. The Qur'an is a proof for you or against you. Everybody goes out and trades with his own self, either seting it free or destroying it." [Muslim]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!