/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijab is a woman's real beauty

Innocent Soul
10-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Assalamualaikum

I have got this from an Islamic website Its not my owns.

It often occurs to me that many of our sisters in Islam are not properly encouraged once they begin to observe the requirements of Hijab. It may be that a sister has been obliged to wear the Hijab without truly pondering over its superiority.

Perhaps she has reached the age of puberty and her parents have instructed her to wear it. Perhaps she has recently accepted Islam and her close companions have told her of its obligation. Alternatively, perhaps her husband has commanded her to wear Hijab.

A sister who does not truly know the superiority of Hijab will always remain envious of disbelieving women. Why? Because they observe these misguided disbelievers attempting to look beautiful for all to see. Hence, the Muslim woman then compares herself to that woman which causes her to feel ashamed of her own Hijab.

Therefore, what follows is a reminder for my sisters in Islam. It is a reminder of the true status of these so-called beautiful women. It is a reminder of the excellence of the women who wear Hijab.

Excellent Qualities of Those who Wear Hijab:

It is well known that the Muslim woman is a creature of modesty. Allah loves for our Muslim women to be shielded by their Hijab. It is their outer protection from the decadence of this life. Allah's Messenger (sallallahu`alayhi wa sallam) said , said: "Allah is modest and covering. He loves modesty and privacy." [Abu Daawood, An-Nasaa'i Al-Bayhaqi, Ahmad].

Thus, as modesty is a quality that is loved by Allah, our sisters must take comfort in knowing that they are modest and that they are not like those women who show themselves off to the world. Such women will not be shielded from Allah's Wrath. Allah's Messenger (sallallahu`alayhi wa sallam) said: "Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's home, has broken Allah's shield upon her." [Abu Daawood and At-Tirmithi)

Therefore, we see that the Hijab of the Muslim woman is indeed part of modesty. Modesty accompanies emaan (faith). That is why Allah's Messenger (sallallahu`alayhi wa sallam) said: "Modesty is part of emaan and emaan is in Paradise." [At-Tirmithi]. Also: "Modesty and emaan are companions, when one goes away the other one goes away." [Al-Haakim and others]

The Muslim women must know that the disbelieving women who beautify themselves for the world to see possess no modesty, thus, they are void of any emaan. Instead of looking to the latest fashion models for guidance, you must look to the wives of the Prophet (sallallahu`alayhi wa sallam).

Look at the regard for modesty that our mother, 'Aa'ishah possessed even in the presence of the deceased; she said: "I used to enter the room where the Messenger of Allah and my father (Abu Bakr) were later buried in without having my garment on me, saying it is only my husband and my father. But when 'Umar bin al-Khattaab was later buried in (the same place), I did not enter the room except that I had my garment on being shy from 'Umar."

It can be quite difficult for the Muslim woman to go out wearing Hijab in a society that mocks and torments her. Indeed, she may feel strange and out of place. However, if she knows the status of those who are mocked by the disbelievers, then she would continue to wear her Hijab with dignity.

Allah Says in His Book (what means): "Verily! The criminals used to laugh at those who believed. And whenever they passed them, used to wink at one another. And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting. When they saw them, they said: 'These have indeed gone astray!' But they (disbelievers, sinners) had not been sent as watchers over them (the believers). But on this Day those who believe will laugh at the disbelievers. On (high) thrones, looking (at all things). Are not the disbelievers paid (fully) for what they used to do?" [Quran 83:29-36]

Allah's Words should serve as a support for you my dear sister. Also, take comfort in being a stranger among these lewd and sinful women. Allah's Messenger (sallallahu`alayhi wa sallam) said (what means): "Islam began as something strange, and it would revert to its (old position) of being strange, so good news is for the strangers." [Muslim]

The Characteristics of the Exposed Women:

Instead of practicing the Hijab (covering), the disbelieving women expose themselves, making a dazzling display of themselves for others. Such a display is an attribute of ignorance. Allah says in His Book (what means): "And stay in your houses and do not display yourselves as you used to during the times of ignorance." [Quran 33:33]

Allah's Messenger (sallallahu`alayhi wa sallam) said: "The best of your women is the affectionate, the fertile, the comforting, the agreeable -- if they fear Allah. The most evil of your women are those who expose and display themselves, and those who strut (to show off) and they are the hypocrites. Those who enter al-Jannah (the Paradise) are like the red beaked crow." [Al-Bayhaqi]. The simile of the red-beaked crow is to show that those who enter Paradise will be as rare as this kind crow is rare.

We see from the above Ayah and Hadith that displaying oneself is indeed unlawful. Further, it is a quality of the most evil of women! Therefore, do not be envious of the disbelieving women. They only have this life to enjoy, while the believing women will have Paradise. There is nothing in your Hijaab to be ashamed of, as it is the garment of the righteous and pious female worshipers of Allah.

In order to truly show you how evil those women who expose themselves are, let us ponder over the following statement of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu`alayhi wa sallam): "Of the people of Hell there are two whom I have never seen, the one possessing whips like the tail of an ox and they flog people with them. The second one, women who would be naked in spite of their being dressed, who are seduced (to wrong paths) and seduce others. Their hair is high like the humps of the camel. These women would not enter Paradise, nor will they smell its fragrance, although its fragrance can be sensed from such and such a distance." [Muslim]

These women who expose themselves are common among us today. These are women that even the Prophet did not see! Look around you and you will see those women who are clothed but naked! Look at the hairstyles of the women who expose themselves -- are they not high like the camel's hump?

Perhaps we are the first generation since the time of Adam to witness such women. If one ponders over photos taken thirty to fifty years ago, one will see that the disbelieving women did not expose themselves in the manner that their offspring do today! These women are among the people of the Fire! Thus, how can you envy them?

Such lewd women will not even smell the fragrance of Paradise; so our women must avoid their path.

Another lesson from the above hadith is that it confirms that what the Prophet , came with is indeed the truth! This is a prophecy that has come to pass in front of our very eyes. Hence, will we continue to envy these evil women, or should we be grateful to our Lord for the Hijab, which brings modesty, which leads to Paradise?

To sum up, the Muslim woman should abandon all of the ways of the exposed women, and adopt the ways of those who are modest through their love and practice of the proper Islamic Hijab.

I have got this from another site but does not remember the name.:hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
10-02-2009, 09:32 AM
:sl:

JazakiAllahu Khair for sharing this beneficial piece with us.:wub:

:wa:

czgibson
10-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Greetings,

Surely the idea that a woman who is wearing clothes but who is "uncovered" represents a dazzling display of lewdness says more about the men who are around her? If men can't control themselves just because they've seen a morsel of flesh, that is the problem to be addressed.

Peace

- IqRa -
10-02-2009, 10:05 AM
But what about the women that expose themselves? They are not to be controlled?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kawaiigardiner
10-02-2009, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
But what about the women that expose themselves? They are not to be controlled?
Why should she? you should control your own thoughts. If you're looking at her and sexualising her body in your mind then you've committed the gravest of sins.

The sin of lust.

The devil may tempt you but it is your responsibility to pull yourself back from that temptation.

*kawaiigardiner just noticed the post sounds a little hell, fire and brimstone.

- IqRa -
10-02-2009, 02:33 PM
LOL nowadays no man looks at a woman without lust

Society is corrupt !!

kawaiigardiner
10-02-2009, 02:35 PM
LOL nowadays no man looks at a woman without lust

Society is corrupt !!
I don't look at a woman with lust :)

Then again, I have no interest in women :embarrass

Alpha Dude
10-02-2009, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Surely the idea that a woman who is wearing clothes but who is "uncovered" represents a dazzling display of lewdness says more about the men who are around her? If men can't control themselves just because they've seen a morsel of flesh, that is the problem to be addressed.

Peace
It is addressed. Men and women both are told to lower their gazes so that there is no chance of temptation.

However, while that is a problem, it's not the only problem that needs addressing.

A woman that dresses in revealing, attention grabbing clothing, with immodest intentions in mind, is surely deviated and needs to be corrected.

- IqRa -
10-02-2009, 02:45 PM
^ snap !!!

kawaiigardiner
10-02-2009, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
It is addressed. Men and women both are told to lower their gazes so that there is no chance of temptation.

However, while that is a problem, it's not the only problem that needs addressing.

A woman that dresses in revealing, attention grabbing clothing, with immodest intentions in mind, is surely deviated and needs to be corrected.
Am I the only one hearing the onimous sounds of the goose step in the distance?

- IqRa -
10-02-2009, 02:52 PM
I didn't quite get that.

kawaiigardiner
10-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I didn't quite get that.
How is:

is surely deviated and needs to be corrected.
not in the slightest bit fascist? you might as well have the government issuing uniforms to ensure that deviancy does not occur; original thought and expression to be brutally squashed in favour of the ideal ascetic being entrenched on the masses.

Alpha Dude
10-02-2009, 03:25 PM
not in the slightest bit fascist? you might as well have the government issuing uniforms to ensure that deviancy does not occur; original thought and expression to be brutally squashed in favour of the ideal ascetic being entrenched on the masses.
I advise you to read the posts in this thread more carefully, before replying with what comes to your mind in the first instance.

People can be corrected by writing about and highlighting their errors to them. It's obvious that's what I meant, in the context of this thread.

czgibson: "that is the problem to be addressed" Obviously, the original article addressing women's hijab made him say this.

Alpha Dude: "..is surely deviated and needs to be corrected". I meant this as a reply to what czgibson said - as in, there is a point to the original article.

Gator
10-02-2009, 03:57 PM
A few quick questions.

So let me get this straight. Allah creates men with lust in their hearts. He then orders women to cover up in order to help suppress that lust. And if they don't they are the ones to be corrected/punished by society.

Why did Allah create men with lust? Why must women be oppressed into dressing in a way they do not want too (those women that do)?

Also, what should happen to the women who do not agree after "writing about and highlighting their errors to them". I sure its just let them do what they want right?

Also, does "exposed" women mean anyone without a hijab?

Thanks.

Alpha Dude
10-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Allah creates men with lust in their hearts. He then orders women to cover up in order to help suppress that lust.
Re the bit in bold: women must cover up because Allah has commanded so. Nevertheless, that doesn't take away from the fact that covering does act in supressing the lust of men.

Why did Allah create men with lust?
Both men and women have been created with lust. By and large, men seem to have more of it. I have not come across anything that indicates why this is (which doesn't necessarily mean there's no mention of it). But Allah knows best. Just like Allah knows best why he gave us all two eyes, instead of eight.

Why must women be oppressed into dressing in a way they do not want too (those women that do)?

Also, what should happen to the women who do not agree after "writing about and highlighting their errors to them". I sure its just let them do what they want right?
Should nudists be forced into wearing clothes in public places? Would it be oppression if they were? If not, why not? I suspect in most countries, the law prohibits such behaviour.

Likewise, Islamic law dictates that women must cover their awrah. The awrah of a woman is her entire body, except her face and hands. Thus, if a muslim woman were to break this law, I assume she would be punished. Whatever punishment there might be for doing such a thing, I don't know.

If a muslim woman, living in a proper Islamic state, refuses to follow the Islamic law that must be followed in public (of dressing appropriately), then she is doing something illegal. Whenever somebody does something illegal, it usually requires some kind of punishment.

Exposed women most likely refers to women that don't cover their awrah.

Thinker
10-02-2009, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1

Excellent Qualities of Those who Wear Hijab:

It is well known that the Muslim woman is a creature of modesty etc., etc.

The Characteristics of the Exposed Women:

Instead of practicing the Hijab (covering), the disbelieving women expose themselves, making a dazzling display of themselves for others etc., etc..

Another example of ill-thought through propaganda.

We’re talking about covering a head of hair; hello – I said head hair, hair on top of your head to suggest that women who cover their head hair are good and women who ‘expose‘ their head hair are bad is ridiculous.

Alpha Dude
10-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Thinker, whilst you may find it ridiculous, covering of the hair is something of a fundamental duty for muslim women. A respectful manner of discussion wouldn't go amiss.

Hijab for women doesn't just mean covering the head, it extends to covering of the entire awrah, meaning everything bar her hands and face.

Ansariyah
10-02-2009, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker

We’re talking about covering a head of hair; hello – I said head hair, hair on top of your head to suggest that women who cover their head hair are good and women who ‘expose‘ their head hair are bad is ridiculous.
It starts wit covering the hair but theres more to it.

No one can read peoples hearts except god but a woman who covers her head is doing so out of decency, to worship her lord & perserve her modesty & dignity.

As Alpha said, Hijabs not just a piece cloth it serves a purpose which manifests through good conduct, how one carries themself, even speech & how one walks is part of hijab.

rpwelton
10-02-2009, 07:17 PM

The term "hijab" as it is stated in the Qur'an actually means a full-bodied clothing that conceals all "revealing" parts, exposing just the hands and the face. In modern times it has come to mean just the headscarf, but a woman is not in complete concordance with hijab until she is dressed in lose clothing that adequately covers her "adornments".

Ummu Sufyaan
10-03-2009, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gator
A few quick questions.

So let me get this straight. Allah creates men with lust in their hearts. He then orders women to cover up in order to help suppress that lust. And if they don't they are the ones to be corrected/punished by society.

Why did Allah create men with lust? Why must women be oppressed into dressing in a way they do not want too (those women that do)?
why should women be opposed into NOT wearing it!

not to sound stuck up or anything, but i dont know what self respecting woman would want to display herself knowing the desires and lusts of men. i can safely assume that you wouldn't set a sheep amongst the wolves?

hello, she is considered bad for breaking the law, not for showing her self off to men.

and hello, before you come up with some ill-thought, feministic propaganda, men are also punished for not lowering their gaze!

goodbye.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.