/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help from my Muslim Brothers and sisters!

Masuma
10-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Asalam-o-alikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!

Dear brothers and sisters, I require your help regarding the topic that we Muslims say that many changes have been introduced in the Bible and other scriptures so they are no more in their original form. We say it because Allah said it so in the Quran. But if we have to prove it to the people of other religions, what historical or archaelogical proofs can we give?

I am trying to find as much information related to it as possible. Once I found out that there have been discovered some scrolls named as Dead Sea Scrolls and Coptic Scrolls which show a wide range of variation in some of the present beliefs of Christians. But still, my information, I feel it as inadequate and so thought it better to ask help from my brothers and sisters.:statisfie

May Allah bless you all with His mercy. May He make you a true Muslim and may He reward you Janatul Firdaus!

P.S: I have read many responses, of the memebers of this forum, to other people who ask for help and their responses overwhelmed me with joy and love.:cry: You people here seems really helpful, nice and loving. May Allah bless your efforts!:statisfie

With lots and lots and lots of love
Aneeza.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
11-04-2009, 04:58 PM
:wa:

no one answered in long 4 weeks ? :cry:

tresbien
11-04-2009, 05:03 PM
EASY
http://www.answering-christianity.com/contra.htm

ahmed_indian
11-07-2009, 01:49 PM
the topic is tough...difficult to give some help.

so wht help u need? do u need the info written in Dead Sea Scrolls?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IAmZamzam
11-13-2009, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by My website's FAQ
The textual variants you see in notes at the bottom of almost each page in any Bible you pick up are proof of this--“some ancient authorities add”, “some ancient authorities delete”, “some ancient authorities read”. These variants are proof positive that people added, subtracted from and changed the text of pretty much every book in the Bible, and since the original manuscripts can never be found, nobody knows which variant version of any book of the Bible is correct (each manuscript being different). It is also a commonly held theory in secular biblical scholarship that the Pentateuch is not one text by one author (and certainly not entirely written by the blessed Moses, since it chronicles his death!), but four, alternating texts which the scholars mark E (Elohim), J (Jahweh), P (Priestly) and D (Deuteronomy).
I wonder if this will help.

Couple of reference points for you, anyway. That should get you started. I'm not a biblical scholar, though.

Hamza Asadullah
11-13-2009, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Asalam-o-alikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!

Dear brothers and sisters, I require your help regarding the topic that we Muslims say that many changes have been introduced in the Bible and other scriptures so they are no more in their original form. We say it because Allah said it so in the Quran. But if we have to prove it to the people of other religions, what historical or archaelogical proofs can we give?

I am trying to find as much information related to it as possible. Once I found out that there have been discovered some scrolls named as Dead Sea Scrolls and Coptic Scrolls which show a wide range of variation in some of the present beliefs of Christians. But still, my information, I feel it as inadequate and so thought it better to ask help from my brothers and sisters.:statisfie

May Allah bless you all with His mercy. May He make you a true Muslim and may He reward you Janatul Firdaus!

P.S: I have read many responses, of the memebers of this forum, to other people who ask for help and their responses overwhelmed me with joy and love.:cry: You people here seems really helpful, nice and loving. May Allah bless your efforts!:statisfie

With lots and lots and lots of love
Aneeza.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister rather than prove to others that their scriptures are false- Which will always lead to one putting ones barriers and defences up, why do you not try to prove to them that Islam is the truth? When you listen to Dr Zakir Naik who is at the forefront in comparitive religion, then you will notice that he talks more about proving Islam to be the truth and he uses their own scriptures to prove this. He will never put another faiths book down by saying it has this or than many mistakes because this approach will never have a good response. Rather prove to them that their scriptures prove the truth of Islam and that Muhammed (Pbuh) has been prophecised in their own scriptures.
Look at the links below on my signiture as they are perfect for proving that Islam is the truth and is proved by the scriptures of other religions such as the vedas,the bible etc

Woodrow
11-13-2009, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister rather than prove to others that their scriptures are false- Which will always lead to one putting ones barriers and defences up, why do you not try to prove to them that Islam is the truth? When you listen to Dr Zakir Naik who is at the forefront in comparitive religion, then you will notice that he talks more about proving Islam to be the truth and he uses their own scriptures to prove this. He will never put another faiths book down by saying it has this or than many mistakes because this approach will never have a good response. Rather prove to them that their scriptures prove the truth of Islam and that Muhammed (Pbuh) has been prophecised in their own scriptures.
Look at the links below on my signiture as they are perfect for proving that Islam is the truth and is proved by the scriptures of other religions such as the vedas,the bible etc
:sl: Ahki,

My dear brother you are correct. This is an error that many inexperienced debaters get pulled into. Non-Muslim debaters want us to try to prove they are wrong. The minute we fall for the trap, we have set ourselves up to look foolish. the trap is that from then on our arguments will become based upon emotionalism which will never win any debate, nor show the truth of Islam.

We need to remember that in any debate over the truth of Islam, we have no need to prove any other religion is false. The burden of proof is upon them to prove they are true.

Our burden is to prove Islam is true. That is what we must concentrate on and avoid falling into a trap that shifts the burden to being we must prove another religion is false.

It is very rare to bring a person to Islam, by proving him wrong. However, many will come to Islam when you show them it is true.

OurIslamic
11-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Listen to Uncle Woodrow :)

Woodrow
11-13-2009, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Listen to Uncle Woodrow :)

Jazakallah Khayran, but Bro. Hamza81 said it first, I simply paraphrased what he said

OurIslamic
11-13-2009, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Jazakallah Khayran, but Bro. Hamza81 said it first, I simply paraphrased what he said
Yes, but your approval makes it THAT much better :D.

And you also explained it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.