/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Stress

AnonymousPoster
10-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I feel extremely stressed with my job and my life at the moment to the extent im decreasing my worship in Allah. I need to maintain my faith in Islam and help over come this stress...but why am i going away from islam instead of towards it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sampharo
10-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Relax, don't worry too much and add to your stress.

It's not uncommon that people witness ups and downs in their faith. Faith usually goes down when there is worry and stress, and it shoots up when trouble hits (typical human reaction). Over time it grows as the person himself grows.

Stay true to your prayers though that is the most important thing, don't ever neglect a single Fard (obligatory prayer). Make duaa for God to lighten your load and keep you on the straight path. Guidance and misguidance are both from God, remember that. You might be slightly tested.

I love this particular supplication and helped me a lot with faith:

يا حي يا قيوم برحمتك أستغيث، أصلح لي شأني كله ولا تكلني إلى نفسي طرفة عين
Ya HHayyo ya Qayyoum biraHHmateka 'astagheeth, 'AsleHH lee sha'nee Kollaho wala takelnee 'ela nafsee tarfata AAain

O' Ever-Living O' Self-Sustaining with your mercy I seek refuge, amend all my matters and do not leave me to myself for even a blink of an eye.

Another which is required for people with worries:

اللهم إني أعوذ بك من الهم و الحزن و أعوذ بك من العجز و الكسل و أعوذ بك من الجبن والبخل و أعوذ بك من غلبة الدين و قهر الرجال
Allahumma 'innee 'aAAoutho bika menal-hammi wal-HHazan, wa 'aAAoutho bika menal-AAajzi wal-kasal, wa 'aAAoutho bika menal-jobni wal bokhl, wa 'aAAoutho bika men ghalabati-ddayni wa Qahr-i-rrijal.

O Allah, I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness, from weakness and laziness, from cowardice and miserliness, from being overcome by debt or overpowered by men (i.e. others). "

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.