/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Divorce

AnonymousPoster
10-02-2009, 03:16 PM
What is the punishment for a divorce? Also, what is the punishment for adultery?

If someone was to commit adultery, can it come back to their children?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
10-02-2009, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
What is the punishment for a divorce? Also, what is the punishment for adultery?
Divorce is permissible.

Punishment for adultry is to a 100 lashes and stoning. The Prophet (:saws:) said: For a married or previously-married person the punishment is one hundred lashes and stoning. [Muslim 3199].

But this cannot be carried out by any person, it must be a muslim ruler who issues this and there must be witnesses who saw this act or a confession from the adulterer himself/herself.

Allah knows best.

tresbien
10-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Repent as ALLAH SCREENS U DO NOT VIOLATE ALLAH MERCY UPON U.Do much deeds and weap over u sins.PUT SMILE TO THE LIPS OF ORPHANS AND POOR CHILDREN AND ASK THEM TO PRAY FOR YOU.YA RAB IGHFER WA IRHAM WA ANTA KHAIR AL RAHIMINE.IF SOMEONE COMMIT HIS SINS.HE IS REPONSIBLE FOR HIS ACTS NOT HIS CHILDREN.WE ARE NOT LIKE CHRISTAIN WE DO NOT BEAR THE MISTAKE OF ADAM.

innocent
10-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Divorce is not haram so there is no punishment for it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
10-02-2009, 03:45 PM
:sl:

What is the punishment for a divorce?
divorce is allowed but not encouraged. There is a hadith like that if a woman asks for divorce without any valid reason , then Allah forbids paradise for her. But there is no earthy punishment for it.

Sampharo
10-02-2009, 05:10 PM
What is the punishment for a divorce?
No punishment for divorce except for a woman who asks for it frivolously without a valid reason, like Muslim Woman mentioned. Prophet's hadith: "Whomever asks for a divorce for her without harm having befallen her, will not smell paradise"

Also, what is the punishment for adultery?
Unmarried will be lashed 100 lashes and exiled from his hometown for one year. Married person is stoned to death. Judge appropriates any factors that mitigate (such as unfulfilled or incomplete intercourse) or increase the crime (such as incest or force). Like brother Abd Al Latif noted it is a muslim judicial matter in Shariah, cannot be carried out by an angry cheated spouse or the likes, requires a magistrate or equivilent. It also requires confession or the witnessing of 4 people and fulfilling of conditions and lack of excuses. Whether or not the worldly punishment is applied, it's a major sin that the person needs to regret, give up, and ask for forgiveness in order for them not to be punished severely for it in the afterlife.

No sin is carried by another. but of course it can come back to them in a different form, as in feelings of guilt and disgust when they find out, self-doubt at whether or not these are really their parents or whether they are legitimate, or society might alienate them etc.

AnonymousPoster
10-02-2009, 05:10 PM
A muslim brother i know has commited adultery for several years and now is dovorcing her to be with the other girl.

Please make dua for the women who held 4 children for him in her womb who is suffering dearly.

Sampharo
10-02-2009, 05:25 PM
If she found out that he is commiting such adultery, she is REQUIRED to seek divorce immediately and cannot continue to live with him. If there is Islamic rule and he confessed to his crime, his punishment is stoning. Looks to me though he is completely unapologetic and I feel so much not only for her, but for the children.

May god grant her someone better, and certainly reward her in paradise for her patience on these trials.

zakirs
10-02-2009, 07:55 PM
May Allah help her and her children :(.

cat eyes
10-02-2009, 08:23 PM
A muslim brother i know has commited adultery for several years and now is dovorcing her to be with the other girl.

Please make dua for the women who held 4 children for him in her womb who is suffering dearly.
makes me wonder why people commit such a crime when children are involved:hmm: men are certainly weak indeed but women are also sometimes depending on the circumstances. this makes me question what is love? when the wife gives birth to her husbands kids in pain and then he goes and dose that to her because she has gone a little fat after having his kids. lets forget about men being weak i thought love was about not seeing what your wife looked like and being satisfied with her body in every way. gosh i dont know whats wrong with people.

why couldnt he have been honest about his feelings before committing adultery at least, it might have spared a little pain but this is sickening. i mean thats what a believer is requested to do is be honest and tell his wife hes feeling for another woman. :hmm: and allow his wife to decide, to divorce or not to divorce or let him take another wife. i feel for the kids i really do.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-03-2009, 09:11 AM
:sl:

im sorry to hear this. i know im in no position to speak about being divorced with 4 children, but quite frankly, she is better off without him. may Allah grant her patience and a man who looks after her and her children.

he'll get bored of his fleeting lover, as he got bored of his wife.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.