/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with a person who does this?

AnonymousPoster
10-02-2009, 03:27 PM
If someone never prays and then starts to pray by becoming influenced by certain member of his/her family and then after a few months just cant be bothered any more. If this person hasnt been able to get a job in years and while they are praying they get numerous job offers and start work and still say that it is through their own hard work and effort that they got this success and not because they have become a practising muslim. Bear in mind that this person knows about Islam and has sufficient knowledge but just choses to ignore it.
If this person makes no real effort to pray while at work and feels its no big deal if they missed a prayer or a few prayers. Eventually they give up praying completely only a few months after they started. When you tell them to pray they say If i pray it will be for me its nothing to do with you.
What do you say to a person like this? How can you bring him/her back to the right path?
Jazakallah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sampharo
10-02-2009, 04:43 PM
You say nothing more but "Hadaka Allah" which is God grant you guidance. "It is true you will not be able to guide every one whom you love; but Allah guides those whom He wills and He knows best those who receive guidance. " [28:56]

The only thing wrong with him is that he doesn't have faith, doesn't truly believe, doesn't care to.

Of course nobody says give up, but don't think that the person is doing this because you still need to say something right that will click in their logic and will make them see the light. No. You said what needs to be said and his answers and responses are just typical answers of those who are not enlightened yet. If he is not destined to die like this, then God will guide him when it is time. Otherwise it is out of your hand. Every now and then kindly remind him to pray and that those who do not pray will not have any deeds counted and will be in hellfire.

Jazakallahu Khairan for making dawah for your brothers

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2009, 09:38 PM
and as for those without faith... it is the same wether you warn them or not...

so.. i say.. WARN THEM and hope for guidance from Allaah :) what more can you do eh?

tetsujin
10-03-2009, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
If someone never prays and then starts to pray by becoming influenced by certain member of his/her family and then after a few months just cant be bothered any more. If this person hasnt been able to get a job in years and while they are praying they get numerous job offers and start work and still say that it is through their own hard work and effort that they got this success and not because they have become a practising muslim. Bear in mind that this person knows about Islam and has sufficient knowledge but just choses to ignore it.
If this person makes no real effort to pray while at work and feels its no big deal if they missed a prayer or a few prayers. Eventually they give up praying completely only a few months after they started. When you tell them to pray they say If i pray it will be for me its nothing to do with you.
What do you say to a person like this? How can you bring him/her back to the right path?
Jazakallah khair.

There's nothing wrong with him/her.

All the best,

Faysal

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-03-2009, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tetsujin
There's nothing wrong with him/her.

All the best,

Faysal
Anon didn't ask whether there is something wrong with him/her, rather anon asked and pls allow me to quote:

Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

Jazakallah khair.

all the best

tetsujin
10-03-2009, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Anon didn't ask whether there is something wrong with him/her
I believe the title of the thread was the most relevant question, as it was so phrased.

For the benefit of the questioner:

#2) Ask the person how he/she feels about his/her faith. There was no indication of any input from the other person.

#3) You have presumed you know the right path. As I do not share your conviction, my answer to this question will not assist you.

All the best,

Faysal

جوري
10-03-2009, 05:00 AM
I believe the title of the thread was the most relevant question, as it was so phrased.
was the movie 'Fried Green tomatoes' about Fried Green tomatoes?
what is more important in your opinion? title or the presentation?
For the benefit of the questioner:

#2) Ask the person how he/she feels about his/her faith. There was no indication of any input from the other person.
I agree there.

#3) You have presumed you know the right path. As I do not share your conviction, my answer to this question will not assist you.
Which begs the question of why you'd answer a thread where you can offer no help to the specific question asked? This isn't about your personal convictions We all know that you are a former 'Muslim' who is now an atheist and sympathetic to folks who swerve.. but the OP doesn't wish that end for the person of whom s/he is seeking advise clearly .. what were you hoping for?
All the best,

Faysal
Indeed!

DigitalStorm82
10-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Best Case Scenario for Athiest - Nothing After This Life.
Worst Case Scenario for Athiest - Hellfire for Eternity.

Best Case Scenario for a Believer - Eternal Paradise
Worst Case Scenario for a Disbeliever - Nothing after this life - Turn to Dust. The End.

Take your pick.

Innocent Soul
10-03-2009, 11:14 AM
The best thing u can do is just pray for him and Allah knows best .

Muhaba
10-03-2009, 12:22 PM
If someone never prays and then starts to pray by becoming influenced by certain member of his/her family and then after a few months just cant be bothered any more.

It means his faith is weak. Tell him about the punishemnt in the grave & hell especially punishments for those who miss prayers on purpose.

If this person hasnt been able to get a job in years and while they are praying they get numerous job offers and start work and still say that it is through their own hard work and effort that they got this success and not because they have become a practising muslim. Bear in mind that this person knows about Islam and has sufficient knowledge but just choses to ignore it.

In that case, tell them that's true. the person will go to his own grave and his actions will affect his condition in the grave & the afterlife.

Warn them about the severity of the Day of Judgment & punishments in grave & hell and pray for their guidance.

Also, plz put spaces between paragraphs. it's so difficult to read long blocks of writing. When i see them , i want to close the page and not read anything at all.

tetsujin
10-03-2009, 02:01 PM
what is more important in your opinion? title or the presentation?
I haven't seen that one. Was it a biography or documentary?

All the best,

Faysal

جوري
10-03-2009, 04:05 PM
I haven't seen that one. Was it a biography or documentary?

All the best,

Faysal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_G...oes_%28film%29

all the best

cat eyes
10-03-2009, 06:07 PM
All you can do is warn them as much as possible and pray for them. Allah guides whom he wills and misguide whom he wills

layla is here
10-03-2009, 07:56 PM
actually it was about fried green tomatoes in a little part. They were making them in the kitchen in that one scene :) lol but it wasn't entirely about fried green tomatoes. There was a bigger picture there. As is there a bigger picture to this question then what the post was talking about. I love that movie by the way. Thanks for bringing it up.

جوري
10-03-2009, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by layla is here
actually it was about fried green tomatoes in a little part. They were making them in the kitchen in that one scene :) lol but it wasn't entirely about fried green tomatoes. There was a bigger picture there. As is there a bigger picture to this question then what the post was talking about. I love that movie by the way. Thanks for bringing it up.
The fried green tomatoes scene is rather a Euphemism for love making in an unconventional/questionable relationship.. the movie really had nothing to do with exchanging recipes or what to do with end of season tomatoes, and though I have no interest in discussing the movie, I'd rather focus on answering the OP's queries which were glossed over or dismissed by someone who finds bringing someone back to Islam a sort of direct offense to free thought, and would rather shift the theme perhaps out of identification with the person in question to battle his own demons while eliciting distaste for veering someone back to what the rest of us consider 'The straight path' ..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.