/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I don't know

AnonymousPoster
10-02-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm just posting this because it's much easier being anonymous then speaking to anyone I know.

I've lost trust in everything, being it colleagues, friends or family. I still believe in Allah(swt) as that is the only thing keeping me from going on day to day.

I feeling like I'm living without me and I can't talk to anyone about how I feel inside.

I feel like I have nothing to live for, I work in a job I hate but I have no skills to go elsewhere, and I have no social life at all.

I'm not married as I don't really want to get into that type of relationship if I'm not strong enough to cope, as that would be wrecking 2 families not just one person.

I wait until night and then I cry quietly but I'll losing the faith to live, but I can't die because I'm a muslim and that's a sin. I don't go out clubbing, smoke, drink, have a boy friend etc, and try and read my prayers etc but whereas before they used to help they no longer do and just make me feel worse about the situaion

I feel like I'm stuck in a limbo between life and death and I can't choose death purely because of my faith.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
10-02-2009, 07:28 PM
NOT THE THREAD STARTER

im the same... i know exactly how u feel...i think im depressed

cat eyes
10-02-2009, 07:35 PM
sis have you tried going to the mosque? and maybe speaking with one of the more knowledgable elder sisters for help and advice? if your shy person just force yourself, you could be surprized. people with knowledge have such an effect on people because loads inspiration comes from there mouth:) and you want to keep listening and taking everything in. are u a revert or born muslim cos i know some reverts have this problem also. suicide is haraam and there is many reasons why :)and i suggest you learn more about the deen and be constant in your worship. Allah knows best and he has the love of 70mothers:)

Karina
10-02-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't mean to be rude... I'm just curious as to why you keep posting as two people?

:hmm: :?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
10-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Read Quran.Go out , meet your old school friends.Try to ask your parents to find a spouse.(it can help with loneliness)

MAy Allah help you with your difficulties

cat eyes
10-02-2009, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
I don't mean to be rude... I'm just curious as to why you keep posting as two people?

:hmm: :?
sis they are not the same ;D both of them are separate anonymous members with similar problems. they have same join date to hide there identity

Asiyah3
10-02-2009, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I'm just posting this because it's much easier being anonymous then speaking to anyone I know.

I've lost trust in everything, being it colleagues, friends or family. I still believe in Allah(swt) as that is the only thing keeping me from going on day to day.

I feeling like I'm living without me and I can't talk to anyone about how I feel inside.

I feel like I have nothing to live for, I work in a job I hate but I have no skills to go elsewhere, and I have no social life at all.

I'm not married as I don't really want to get into that type of relationship if I'm not strong enough to cope, as that would be wrecking 2 families not just one person.

I wait until night and then I cry quietly but I'll losing the faith to live, but I can't die because I'm a muslim and that's a sin. I don't go out clubbing, smoke, drink, have a boy friend etc, and try and read my prayers etc but whereas before they used to help they no longer do and just make me feel worse about the situaion

I feel like I'm stuck in a limbo between life and death and I can't choose death purely because of my faith.
As-salaamu aleykum
I've had familiar feelings many times. I don't trust in people at all nor do I speak to them about my life. I would even now feel like this if I wouldn't have my futureplans, that help me to continue daily.

What I suggest you to do is to think about the reasons why you're feeling like this (You already told us few). Then you should think about your life, what is it that you want?

"I feel like I have nothing to live for, I work in a job I hate but I have no skills to go elsewhere, and I have no social life at all"

I dont know how to advice you in this, but about the job-thing. If you'll get married than you don't have to work anymore.

Forget about dieing, that's not the solution. I really believe inquiring knowledge about the hereafter and such might help you alot.

p.s. About your social life, you could hang out and talk with us here :)

I think faith can help you alot.

Karina
10-02-2009, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
sis they are not the same ;D both of them are separate anonymous members with similar problems. they have same join date to hide there identity
Oh thanks Cat Eyes, I'm still confused though...they're posting from the same profile, not two separate profiles? Are there two people posting from one computer? :?:?:?

glo
10-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi Karina

When you open a window for a new post you will find at the top a 'post as anonymous' option. Click on that and you will post anonymously.
Unfortunately it is the same account, so when different people use it in the same thread it becomes complicated ...

Let me show you ...

cat eyes
format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
Oh thanks Cat Eyes, I'm still confused though...they're posting from the same profile, not two separate profiles? Are there two people posting from one computer? :?:?:?
no sis lol they probably have the same profile 2 hide the identity;D i think the admin would have spotted it by now if they were the same people but it is quite funny dont u think.. ;D

AnonymousPoster
... glo posting anonymously (just for demonstration purposes)

Karina
10-02-2009, 08:35 PM
ooooooooOOOOOHHHHHHH NO !! soooooo embarrassed!!!!!!!!!! :embarrass

glo
10-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Going back to the OP, I really suggest you seek medical/professional help or counselling.

There may be medical reasons why you feel so low (hormonal imbalance or such) or you may need to talk to somebody who is experienced in helping people to unpick their life's problems.

Try to find time for yourself and look after yourself.
Eat well.
Sleep well.
Don't isolate yourself.

And do seek professional help if things don't get better!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2009, 09:32 PM
bro/sis..

get active

seriously

read books - excersize - jog - play sports - spend time wiv family - find hobbies !!

the whole world feels like its bowing to you when your active and nothing... NOTHING can get you down :)

oh and of course

pray your salaah - recite dhikr - read Quran :)

infact wake up at 6AM 2moro morning - pray your fajr - run outside/jump/shout/TALK TO YOURSELF - FEEL GOOD ! recite dhikr - read some Quran

lol trust me i guarantee you'll feel better :) that time... (6AM) it has some magic to it... mashAllaah

dovelove
10-03-2009, 01:24 AM
Hi,

Sorry to hear you feeling bit miserable, I sometimes feel miserable too, so thats thats o biggy, makes us human, is good you got faith keep you going, just hold on tite cos lifes a bumpy road. So remember Allah all the time and he knows what you going thru and you be staying true to the deen, get blessing for that maybe...

If you got no skills, u can do a course and get some, if there is something that you are interested in maybe then you can meet more people, get social life, look forward to a new job using your skills that u will be working towards, if you do something productive like learn to cook something different, lose a pound or two, gain some muscles, learn some Quran, do something charitable, write a blog, learn to crochet, clean the garage, feed the ducks, sweep up the leaves, mow the garden, it shud make u feel more useful and therefore your life be worthwhile its (worthwhile anyways), try not think about the negatives just think of positive things u can do it will make a big differnece. Make a little plan Stan or Fran ;)

Keep up with your prayers and make lots of Dua for solution, be patient and wait for happy outcome, many of us feel blue sometimes life aint easy, so ur not alone, keep ur chin up and solider on, keep ur eyes on the prize and inshAllah you see it sooner or later.

Cheer up, cos we dont know whats round the corner and just hope its something good and dont lose hope,

May Allah bless you and strenghten you,
Take care

sevgi
10-03-2009, 03:05 AM

You know, I believe I have the right to say that I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Those who have been on this forum long enough will know a bit about my personal struggles in life.

If you'll allow me, I'm going to squeeze myself into bed right beside you as you cry. I'm going to talk to you. If you listen, I'd appreciate it. If you don't, feel the warmth my fat body is giving you. (I hope you're a sister btw, otherwise it'd be extremely awkward- you sound like a lady anyway).

You have not indicated what your issue is. That is, we do not know what the underlying problem is in your life or what has caused this situation. But it doesn't matter. Not to us anyway. You can take our advice and implement it into your situation as you see fit.

I think for people like us-those who feel lonely and pretty much are lonely- it seems as though God pushes things away from us. Nothing seems to ever go right and you loathe those who have 'luck'. I look at my peers and it frustrates me. They have all gotten married, finished uni, have jobs etc. I'm tumbling about behind them; unable to maintain a stable social life and find a part-time job. It doesn't seem fair. And you know what, it isnt fair. But not everything can be fair. In order to maintain a greater order in the universe, somethings have to be unfair. Little fish have to be eaten by bigger fish. Poor kids in Africa need to starve in order for us wealthier people to be tested-to see whether we will give our charity to them or not.

Just the same, some of us need to live disadvantaged lives. Some of us need to be depressed and some of us need to be alone. It's not fair. But, we need to understand that there is a world beyond ours and everything works for a larger scheme. The world seems to run away from us. Nothing goes right. We stop trusting ourselves, the people around us and our families. We fear the future because we dont trust the future. Last week I had a very bad episode. I sincerely wanted to kill myself beacuse I realised that every day brings me more and more pain. I actually convinced myself that God himself wanted me to kill myself. I refused to harbour such thoughts of suicide. I fell asleep crying and woke up the next morning to a very huge domestic fight focused on my uselessness in the household. I was put on the spot- my parents were yelling at me- telling me that my uni degree is useless, that i have no job, that im using up too much money, that I havent gotten married and that no man will want me coz I am a loser.

I cried my way to uni wondering why the hell I woke up that morning. Why the hell I hadnt just taken my life. Im lucky enough to go to a beautiful uni. My uni has a huge park with a huge pond and massive trees. I lay beneath of of the trees all day. I cried, slept, cried, slept and cried and slept.

I havent answered my phone in two weeks. I havent replied to smses. I deacticated facebook. I cant be bothered with people at the moment. I cant believe Im being bothered here...but I felt your pain.

Theres a fine line between trust and distrust. You dont trust anyone or anything...but you have no other choice. Sometimes I feel that God pushes the world away from me coz he wants me to himself. I know and he knows that I have the potential to become ruined if this world were to smile at me. If I became one with this world, I wouldnt be a very good muslim..I know that. So he makes the world frown at me..and I frown at it. Smetimes I frown at God. To be honest, I hate him on some days. I cant comprehend how far he wants to push me or how unfair he wants to make things for me...but when I take a step back, I see that he keeps me in order in this way.

There is a greater wisdom behind everything. I know that my life has made me stronger, wiser and more mature than my peers- which is a whole new issue on its own- and I know that I have a greater purpose in this world...I just havent been given the mark to use it yet.

If anything, sis, wait for that green light. Wait for the mark where everything you are living at the moment and have lived becomes useful to either you, someone else or a whole heap of people. I cant tell you things will be ok. But honestly, as long as you are healthy and have the internet at your fingertips and a job to sustain yourself, everything is ok right now. Mind over matter-always.

If Ive learnt anything at all, it is that God doesnt waste a single thing. Every second that we live has purpose. He would not waste that second. Everything he creates, including you, has a purpose. He wouldnt waste you. He is pushing the world away from you for a reason. Find that reason and try to keep it in mind. You wont always remember this and you will let go of him and trust in your religion at times, but thats ok. You are human. You are being tested and God understands what you are going through...but he must put you through it for your own good. Trust me. He wouldnt waste your tears like that- He is more merciful than all mothers combined.

Some of us are sheep, some are shepherds. He's creating a shepherd out of you. You aren't supposed to fit in. You have to struggle your bottom off in order to make things work for you- and you will appreciate it one day- or atleast someone or something or some people will.

There is a saying in Turkish- 'If God hadnt wanted to give- he wouldnt have given you the ability to want'. Dont be afraid to want. But never ever expect. You will always hurt yourself if you expect. Again, never ever expect. If you want to die- die. But not physically. Stop expecting. Stop attaching yourself to this world. Just ask of him and be patient. That way, you will have something to hang on to and something to have trust in.

Take everyday one at a time. Life wont feel like a burden that way. Remember that life can carry you- you dont have to carry it. But dont expect it to carry you...just live.

MUNIRAH
10-18-2009, 06:54 PM

Hon don't be soo hard on yourself..DON'T BE ALONE EVER...be around people..it doesn't even have to be a lot of people coz that might make you anxious too..but be with someone you feel comfortable around trust me if you let yourself you will make friends...Most of the time when people feel depressed they tend to block and chase people away(not literally)...just be a little more open maybe smile and you will be amazed to find how many people actually like you or find you interesting and easy to talk to...the truth is alot of people have similar issues but learned how to handle it..SO Don't let this problem stop you from living your life and enjoying everything you once enjoyed. Trust me depression makes you see the negative in everything..try to find something you are grateful for sis and say Alhamdullilah maybe you are healthy, you have a home, decent income, not disabled and most of all you are a MUslim..SubhanaAllah you will amazed to find out how much you should be grateful for...I also recommend you seek professional help..you did take the first step in seeking help and letting us know your problem now tell everything you told us to a professional psychologist/psychiatrist..please let us know how this works out for you...I am very curious coz I am sure it will work!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!