/* */

PDA

View Full Version : questions regarding science in The Quran

AnonymousPoster
10-03-2009, 11:10 AM
The quran says in chapter 21 verse 30, about the big bang theory. This theory was proposed for the first time in 1927. The quran stated this 1400 years ago. Which just shows that the quran is truely Allah's word.

However i can heard people say that 1400 years ago, scientists were clever and figured out the big bang theory even back then.

The quran mentions the earth being round in shape, like an egg sort of shape. This was in the quran which came down to us 1400 years ago. Who could of said this back then?

However there people who say Alexander the great, figured this out long before the quran was brung down to us.

Is this true?

Thanks in advance brothers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sampharo
10-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Claiming that people knew this information at the time of the prophet is the ongoing boring repetition of unfounded blabbing from many lounge athiests and darwin theory propagators.

The claims are as baseless and improbable and in many cases outright preposterous as the suggestion that greek mythology was the basis of monothetic belief!

Just ignore that and stop wasting your time, and anyone suggesting that ask him to do one of two things: bring their proof (material written in the 6th century or before that detailing the scientific information claimed to be known at the time) or to go fly a kite. :)

Rasema
10-03-2009, 02:57 PM
:sl:

Do you follow the Qur'an/Islam because of these verses? Or are you just asking a question?
:wa:

AlexJ90
10-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Well said 2nd poster.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
10-03-2009, 04:07 PM

Be careful when you say Big Bang theory because the Qur'an makes it clear that Allaah (swt) created the heavens and the earth, whereas the theory proposes that there was a collision of some sort between material that started everything... I don't know where that material came from in the first place but that's another debate!

Rasema
10-03-2009, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Be careful when you say Big Bang theory because the Qur'an makes it clear that Allaah (swt) created the heavens and the earth, whereas the theory proposes that there was a collision of some sort between material that started everything... I don't know where that material came from in the first place but that's another debate!

I'm confused. The big bang says that everything was created for a long time. The Qur'an says that everything was created in six days, I think.

Sampharo
10-03-2009, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
I'm confused. The big bang says that everything was created for a long time. The Qur'an says that everything was created in six days, I think.
Big bang says nothing more precise than that everything originated from a humungus explosion that spread the matter all over the space and formed what we know to be the universe.

All other theories and measurements of time and longevity have had failures and inexplicable paradoxes so they're not part of the theory itself. They're just sticking to an enormous explosion that spread out everything we have in existence.

Islamically we know it is six days to "create" but neither the definition of 6 days is clear (as there are many references to an actual universe day being 50,000 years such as judgement day, while other references say they were 6 of our days) nor to what "creation" would be (a spread out universe, or does it include all elements, or does it include a fully living Earth and systems and galaxies ready for sentinel presence). We just don't know exactly. However our belief in the quran is supreme and everything else comes second, and can be used as clarification of what we don't understand rather than validation.

Rasema
10-03-2009, 09:31 PM
:wa: Got it.
Big bang says nothing more precise than that everything originated from a humungus explosion that spread the matter all over the space and formed what we know to be the universe.
Wow, matter could not have been created by itself. Since evrything needs life,so, something had to give it life. Especially a burst of that kind.

LazzakAllahu khairan

To make sure I understood this:'universe day being 50,000 years such as judgement day,' I just remember that Allah,subHana wa ta'ala, in the Qur'an says that a day is how long? or something like that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.