/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advide much kindly needed!!

smughal87
10-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Salaam to all reading this,

I am a 22 year old female who has come to a time in her life where the question of marriage will soon be arising in my household. My parents are practising muslims and believe that they are to find me a suitbale marriage partner, which i do not have any queries about as i respect this decision, and i know they will do all they can to help find somebody who is decent for me.

But the problem is that I really like somebody that i met whilst studying at university with. The feeling is very much mutal between the two of us and we have are not sure as to how to go about this situation. I would like to tell my parents this but i am very scared as to how they will react. I dont even know how to suggest it to them, could anybody shine some light on this matter or even kindly help me as how i can discuss this?

Thankyou :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
10-03-2009, 06:53 PM
:wa: sis

u shud tell someone u trust..like ur mom. She can tell ur father if ur too shy to tell him. This has been the case wit some of my siblings who got hitched..

Or an auntie/uncle cud drop the hints to the parents

Or the man itself can come n introduce himself n ask for ur hand..if he's prepared.

Hope things go smoothly inshaAllah!: )

Sampharo
10-03-2009, 07:53 PM
I would certainly let the fellow know to make an appropriate step towards approaching your parents and asking for your hand in marriage. If your parents are good practicing muslims then they should accept him even if he's not fully ready financially right now. All that matters is his religion and morality, rest is secondary.

There is nothing wrong in being attracted to someone, and the prophet said "Do not know of a cure for lovers like marriage". Of course it is prudent to inform your mum or something that you favour this man when he comes knocking. God bless and fulfill the matrimonials. :D Don't forget our share of the sweets.

Muhaba
10-03-2009, 08:26 PM
i think it would be best for the guy to call/meet your parents and talk to them directly.

or when your family talks to you about marriage, you can tell them that there's this guy in college that you would like to marry. but i think that him asking directly would still be better. then you can tell your parents that you would like to marry him & if they are reluctant, show them the hadith which states that if a man whose deen is satisfactory asks you for your daughter, then you shouldn't reject him or else there will be fitna in the land.

may Allah make things go well.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.