/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Baby survives after being run over by train

Güven
10-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Baby survives after being run over by train

A baby has had an amazing escape after his pushchair rolled off a station platform and under a train in Australia.

The train had slowed right down as it pulled into the station and the six-month-old baby suffered only a bump to his head.

CCTV of the incident was released to local media. It shows the pram rolling off the platform while the baby's mother looks on in horror.

Victoria state Police Sergeant Michael Ferwerda called the incident a 'lucky escape' and said people should be cautious in train stations.

Media Tags are no longer supported

Source(BBC News)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
layla is here
10-16-2009, 04:32 PM
subhanaAllah. that is so scary.

GuestFellow
10-16-2009, 05:17 PM
O_________________o

Wow...

layla is here
10-16-2009, 05:51 PM
I felt like crying for the woman who lost the baby when I saw this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
InToTheRain
10-16-2009, 06:13 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...rain-hits-pram

Subahan'Allah Wal 7ahdullilah...

Hayaa
10-16-2009, 09:17 PM
SubhanAllah .. Allah (swt) is so great that no harm can come to a being despite any situation without His Will.

kim-berry
10-16-2009, 09:23 PM
I saw that this morning I felt so bad, but then they said the baby was okay :phew

Ar-RaYYan
10-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Subhanallah i dont understand how anybody can remain faithless after seeing thing like this.

Danah
10-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Ya Allah!!! He saved him subhanAllah !!!!!!

I bet the mom was about to lose her mind!

Trumble
10-17-2009, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
Subhanallah i dont understand how anybody can remain faithless after seeing thing like this.
Because 25,000 or so children died in the world today. This one got lucky, they didn't.

جوري
10-17-2009, 01:26 AM
^^ are they 25,000 children that we can do something about?
All that is good is from God, all that is evil is from us.. now I know we all feel like we do our part, but believe me when I tell you that the three wealthiest people in the world can support the economy of 42 of the poorest countries.. there is no excuse for a child dying of dehydration or not having enough food in its tummy, or because of Malaria or malicious abusive people in their lives..

either way I say, those children that die young are in the care of the most merciful, and those left behind, God has delegated their responsibility to us!

all the best

Strzelecki
10-17-2009, 01:58 AM
Subhan'Allah!
I've heard all about this story, but seeing it is about a million times more shocking.

:(

ژاله
10-17-2009, 03:36 AM
subhanAllah :)

Ar-RaYYan
10-18-2009, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Because 25,000 or so children died in the world today. This one got lucky, they didn't.
I wouldnt say 'lucky' more like a sign from Allah that He does exist and knows everything that goes on. He is capable of making the impossible possible.

Joe98
10-18-2009, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
All that is good is from God, all that is evil is from us.......
How about the tsunami of December 2004. Most victims were muslims.

-

aamirsaab
10-18-2009, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98

-
How about you stay on topic? Tee hee hee, I'm so witty!

Anyway, I believe this to be a miracle of Allah. The baby only got a scratch and given the situation (A Train and a baby), I think it is a lot more than luck at play! There was no role of the dice there, that was definately a miracle.

Snowflake
10-18-2009, 09:41 PM
SubhanAllah my mouth's gone dry in shock. Nothing can harm whom Allah protects :cry:

alcurad
10-18-2009, 10:17 PM
why is it always Guven who brings topics where young children escape doom after being struck by various vehicles?

love, no offense, just saying..:)

amazing vid btw. "the mother was aid to be distraught though..." lol? what does he think should be the proper reaction

Ansariyah
10-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Omg Wen i first saw this i was truly humbled. u see how we are not in control at all. Allah is great! People hit their heads n die immediately this baby gets hit by a train n survives subhanAllah. Allahu Akbar!

AlbanianMuslim
10-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Joe
Allah swt doesnt "save" people just because they are muslims. Every has their time. Children, Adults, Elderly, Allah knows best why people go when and how they do.

It is a test to those left behind, for those of us who are true believers our faith remained strong and in some cases became stronger, for those who are not believers their faith left with those who died in the Tsunami.

Its like a cousin of mine, when our mutual 3 year old cousin died tragically, she gave up religion and said she doesnt believe in God because how could God let our cousin die so young?
Myself on the other hand, her death pulled me into Islam, i wanted to know why and how and all of those questions, and Elhamudullah her death brought me to the straight path. I pray for her daily, and i know that she is in a better place than this world could have ever been for her.

جوري
10-19-2009, 07:21 PM

-
how about it?

we are all going to die.. being saved in such a dramatic manner, is an augury like any important sign in the universe to those who reflect, but it is certainly not an exemption from death.. which in and of itself an augury...

all the best of course!

Ramadhan
10-20-2009, 02:32 AM

-
Actually, something really good came after the tsunami.
Aceh had been wrecked by conflicts for 20 years where violence was daily occurrence. The Free Aceh Movement (GAM) who aimed for full independence for The Acehnese staged guerilla attacks while the oppressive Indonesian government under authoritarian Suharto rule for so many years placed Aceh under strict military rule which means injustices and gross human rights violations often made by both Indonesian military and GAM guerillas.
At stake was Acehnese natural resources such gas and more illicit resources such as the large plantation and production of marijuana.

The tsunami changed everything.

Acehnese are notoriously known for being difficult to work with and fiercely independent and many even say they are such an arrogant bunch, but since the tsunami, everyone came together and able to set aside their differences in order to rebuild their lives with the help of countless outsiders, nationals and internationals.
after many rounds of talks, in 2005 the Indonesian government and the GAM leaders signed the Helsinki Peace agreement which gives the Acehnese otonomy to have their own rules and regulations within the frame of Indonesia.
Post-tsunami post-conflict Aceh is now so much better than it was ever before.
There is now lasting peace, the economy is developing much better than ever with great direction, the Acehnese have become a lot more religious (and practicing) and recently its provincial parliament passed regional by-laws implementing the Sharia laws.

The tsunami has created a condition and opportunity where the Acehnese was able to create a just and prosperous society.
Not only has Allah given warning (for the existence of Allah, to mend our ways) to the rest of mankind with the tsunami, but there are so many good things came after the tsunami (and I am sure not just in Aceh, but also in other areas affected by the tsunami such as southern Thailand, parts of Srilanka and India).

When it comes to tsunami and Aceh I know what I am talking about. I have been to Aceh so many times, before the tsunami and after. My current work involves providing grants for conflict mitigation and peaceful resolution programs/activities and post tsunami reconstructions in Aceh.

Oh, FYI, Muslims (who are moo'min) who died in natural disasters are considered syahid.

Muezzin
10-20-2009, 01:22 PM
With the tsunami digression now writhing in the aftermath of several degrees of ownage, could we please return to the topic.

Intisar
10-20-2009, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
^^ are they 25,000 children that we can do something about?
All that is good is from God, all that is evil is from us.. now I know we all feel like we do our part, but believe me when I tell you that the three wealthiest people in the world can support the economy of 42 of the poorest countries.. there is no excuse for a child dying of dehydration or not having enough food in its tummy, or because of Malaria or malicious abusive people in their lives..

either way I say, those children that die young are in the care of the most merciful, and those left behind, God has delegated their responsibility to us!

all the best
:sl: MashaAllaah perfectly said. Everything happens because of Allaah's will. As a Muslim, you cannot question that. It annoys me when people say certain things happened because of ''luck''. It was already pre-ordained.

SubhanAllaah at the baby surviving! When I saw it on the news I felt like someone tore out a piece of my heart, especially since I can empathize (I am expecting inshaAllaah).

Al Mu'minaat
11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
:omg::omg::omg: Alhamdulilah Nothing Happened To Him..x

Kabeer
11-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Looks like Clark Kent has arrived on earth!!

Havva
11-10-2009, 03:26 PM
The baby wasn't strapped in so when the pram went rolling over the baby fell on to the track and into the gap under the train. Regardless ofvthe outcome it would still be a traumatic experience for those involved

Pygoscelis
11-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I've always found theists view of God and luck interesting. If something lucky happens, God did it. If something unlucky happens (like the baby falling into the train's path in the first place), its never God that did that.

Ar-RaYYan
11-10-2009, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I've always found theists view of God and luck interesting. If something lucky happens, God did it. If something unlucky happens (like the baby falling into the train's path in the first place), its never God that did that.
I dont know which particular theists you are talking about in regard to this view but in islam everything is willed and controlled by Allah. Luck should be regarded as a miracle and if something unlucky happens it is a test from Allah.

sister herb
11-11-2009, 10:07 AM
What a great and mercifull miracle from Allah. May this happening help her (baby´s mom) to find right path.

And what a shockfull moment to her it was...

:phew

Amen.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-11-2009, 10:27 AM
I find the view of people who dont believe in god funny as well. its all gods fault that crap happens in the world and yet its out of my ability/luck/power that good things happen to me :$

Pygoscelis
11-11-2009, 03:21 PM
I dont know which particular theists you are talking about in regard to this view but in islam everything is willed and controlled by Allah. Luck should be regarded as a miracle and if something unlucky happens it is a test from Allah.
What exactly is being squashed by a train when you are an infant a test of?

Muezzin
11-11-2009, 07:09 PM
What exactly is being squashed by a train when you are an infant a test of?
Possibly a test of my continuous struggle against blurting words to the effect of 'Please don't derail* the topic'.

Could be...

P.s.

*see what I did there?

P.p.s.

Hmm, a quick spin of the search function didn't show any specific thread about luck and Islam. There is one about Predestination, though.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.