/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Husband converted to Islam now moving back

AnonymousPoster
10-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Assalam alikum

I am praying go Allah that someone can help me. I got married 3 years back to my husband who converted to Islam from hinduism. He was very apprehensive about doing the conversion as he is from a strict hindu background but realised that inorder to marry me there is no other way.

Over married the years i have studied comparative religion and been to Umrah. I strongly believe that Allah has shown him the light..because my parents did not initially accept us he never got the chance to know what islam is all about.. all he knew was me..and my religious practices bought him closer to the faith of his parents.. even though he was never that religious.

Now he is moving back towards hinduism as he has become very close to his mum who is afraid that he will convert (she doesnt know about the nikha).. she is trying everything and he seems strangley devoted to her.. i have been told by extended family that she does black magic..so i dont know if that is the pull..we are due to have a child in a few months and she wants to take him to india for a religious pilgrimmage saying its good for the baby.. i know hes confused..any talk of religion turns into an argument as he feels ive never respected where he comes from and always look to criticise hinduism..

Are there any duas i can recite?should i do istikhara? My parents keep asking me if he has started praying namaaz yet..and what im doing about it..

please help

pregnant and distressed

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
10-17-2009, 01:45 PM
I have read about that. I know there are probably plenty of people in our situ but to afraid to call our incase they be judged. My parents have been amazing all they want is for him to start practising..to make my life a little uncomplicated.. your right about not stressing but i really cant help it..esp with a baby on the way.. i tell my mum we just have to make dua for him..he has a good heart and always goes out his way to help anyone. As a husband he is amazing and since ive been pregnant he has been there hand and foot.. Insha allah he will be shown the way..its just a matter of time.. i have to be patient i know.. i have faith in Allah..

Muhammad
10-17-2009, 02:44 PM
:sl:

I don't know what the best advice is, other than to make a lot of du'aa for him. If you fear magic is involved, you can use some of the du'aas and portions of Qur'an mentioned below:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is nothing wrong with ruqyah so long as it does not involve shirk.” He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) performed ruqyah and had it performed for him. There is a lot of good in ruqyah, and a great deal of benefit. Al-Faatihah, Aayat al-Kursiy, “Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad”, al-Mi’wadhatayn (Surahs Al-Falaq & An-Nas) and other aayahs may be recited over the person who has been affected by sihr, as well as good du’aa’s narrated in the ahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), such as the du’aa’ he said when he performed ruqyah for a sick person and said, “Allaahumma Rabb al-naas, adhhib il-ba’s, washfi anta al-Shaafi laa shifaa’a illa shifaa’uka shifaa’an laa yughaadir saqaman (O Allaah, Lord of mankind, remove the harm and heal him, for You are the Healer and there is no healing except Your healing, with a healing which does not leave any disease behind).” This may be repeated three times or more. And it was also narrated from him (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that Jibreel (peace be upon him) performed ruqyah for him and said three times: “Bismillaah arqeeka min kulli shay’in yu’dheeka, wa min sharri kulli nafsin aw ‘aynin haasid Allaah yashfeek, bismillaah arqeek (In the name of Allaah I perform ruqyah for you, from every thing that is harming you, from the evil of every soul or envious eye may Allaah heal you, in the name of Allaah I perform ruqyah for you).” This is a great ruqyah which was narrated in a saheeh hadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It is prescribed to perform ruqyah for the one who has been bitten or stung, and the one who has been affected by sihr, and the one who is sick. http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/11290/
Someone mentioned studying Islamic Sufism - please be aware that many people practice a form of Sufism that is not according to the authentic teachings of Islam. Always remember to ensure any act of worship is solely for Allaah (swt) and is according to the Qur'an and Sunnah Insha'Allaah.

May Allaah (swt) protect and guide your husband and keep him steadfast upon Islam, Aameen.

cat eyes
10-17-2009, 03:07 PM
i think you should speak with a scholar about this because he has converted back to hinduism by the sounds of it so i would seek a divorce inshaAllah after you have the child. that religion is no way to live and i would not fancy having a idol worshiping witch as a mother inlaw or grandmother

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
10-17-2009, 03:08 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
.. but realised that in order to marry me there is no other way.

Does it mean , he became a Muslim just to marry u ? A non-Muslim becomes a Muslim when s/he utters and believes in his/ heart that there is no god but Allah and Muhammed pbuh is His messenger . If one does not believe in it , then just uttering the words won't make him her a Muslim and Allah knows Best.

Keep praying for him ; so that Allah guides him . If he gives his announcement that he is not a Muslim anymore , then talk to a learned Imam how long can u keep the marriage contract with him.

May Allah grant what is good for your this life and hereafter , Ameen.

layla is here
10-17-2009, 03:52 PM
May Allah grant you a happy marriage and happy family. Ameen.

glo
10-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Does your husband's mother not know that he has become a Muslim and that you two are married?
If so, how and why did he keep it a secret from her?

ژاله
10-17-2009, 04:20 PM
you are in a scary situation sister, may Allah help you, guide your hubby toward islam, save him from any evil influences. and grant you two a pious and healthy child, Ameen.

Humbler_359
10-17-2009, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Assalam alikum

I am praying go Allah that someone can help me. I got married 3 years back to my husband who converted to Islam from hinduism. He was very apprehensive about doing the conversion as he is from a strict hindu background but realised that inorder to marry me there is no other way.

Over married the years i have studied comparative religion and been to Umrah. I strongly believe that Allah has shown him the light..because my parents did not initially accept us he never got the chance to know what islam is all about.. all he knew was me..and my religious practices bought him closer to the faith of his parents.. even though he was never that religious.

Now he is moving back towards hinduism as he has become very close to his mum who is afraid that he will convert (she doesnt know about the nikha).. she is trying everything and he seems strangley devoted to her.. i have been told by extended family that she does black magic..so i dont know if that is the pull..we are due to have a child in a few months and she wants to take him to india for a religious pilgrimmage saying its good for the baby.. i know hes confused..any talk of religion turns into an argument as he feels ive never respected where he comes from and always look to criticise hinduism..

Are there any duas i can recite?should i do istikhara? My parents keep asking me if he has started praying namaaz yet..and what im doing about it..

please help

pregnant and distressed

I have been in similar to your situations. It doesn't work out in best. Some people who change religion in order to marry someone. Not very good idea.

imsad

alcurad
10-17-2009, 10:29 PM
don't argue too much with him, gently is the way, as faith is from the heart/mind, and if he associates Islam with both of you arguing then it's not a good thing.

it's natural to have ups and downs, so be accommodating and understanding, but your-and his-faith is not negotiable, so be firm when you need to. be an anchor to Islam for him, but don't over do it.

an old belief system will have it's appeal given it's what he grew up with, but it's nigh impossible to return to such things as Hinduism once you're truly a muslim, perhaps he needs to learn more?

AnonymousPoster
10-19-2009, 04:11 PM
woman says, I want to become Muslim, and my husband is good and I do not want to leave him. What should I do?

He answered:

“She has to leave him, but is it possible for her to call him to Islam? She could say, ‘I want to become Muslim, but if I become Muslim, the marriage will become null and void unless you become Muslim too.’ Hopefully if she says this to him, he will become Muslim too.’”

Question:

If she become Muslim, can she stay in the marital home while she calls him to Islam, or should she leave?

Answer:

“If she is hopeful that he will become Muslim, she can stay in the marital home until the end of her ‘iddah (waiting period following the dissolution of a marriage).”

Question:

Can she uncover herself (go without hijab) during the ‘iddah or not?

Answer:

“To be on the safe side, she should not uncover, because there is no certainty that he will agree to become Muslim.”

Question:

And she should not be alone with him?

Answer:

“And she should not be alone with him.”

Question:

If telling her about this could turn her away from Islam, is it permissible for us according to sharee’ah to conceal the second part of the answer from her, so that we could tell her, “Become Muslim first, then we will tell you about the ruling on staying with your husband”?

Answer:

“No, if we say this, and then we tell her about the ruling and she leaves Islam (becomes an apostate), this will make the problem worse. For this reason the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib, when he sent him to the people of Khaybar: ‘Call them to Islam and tell them what they have to do in the way of duties towards Allaah.’”

Question:

So now if she continues to live with him after she becomes Muslim she is guilty of a major sin (kabeerah)?

Answer:

“Yes that is the case, but she should not persist in zinaa (unlawful sexual relationship).”

Question:

Briefly, how should we answer her?

Answer:

“Tell her: Become Muslim, and know that if you become Muslim and your husband does not, the marriage will become null and void.”

When we are talking to women who will be faced with this issue, we should focus on the following points:

Giving priority to love for Allaah and His Messenger over love for anyone else.

If she is sincere in calling him to Islam and in praying for him, Allaah may guide him at her hands.

- Whoever gives up something for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will compensate him or her with something better.

Allaah will never forsake His slave who gives up something he or she loves for His sake.

When a woman like this becomes Muslim and leaves her husband, one of the Muslim brothers should come forward to marry her and take her children into his family, or good-hearted Muslims should undertake the responsibility of spending in charity on her and her children. We ask Allaah to guide us and grant us strength and help us to do the right thing. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen

zakirs
10-19-2009, 06:17 PM
MAy Allah help your child and you sis.Hope it will turn out good

AnonymousPoster
10-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Salaam.. thank you all for your mesages.. i am trying to get the best out of them and i guess making dua is the way foward.. i have faith in allah and sometimes i guess we have to leave things in his hands and not try to take control..

My husband is an amazing human being and leaving him is not an option that is why i am looking to save him and do it gently..insha allah i will try the duas of ruqyah too.
:wa:

Mujahideen92
10-27-2009, 08:40 PM
He changed religions in order to marry you? Those kinda relationships dont work out to well sis. If he converted for converting, and THEN he married you then thats different.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.