/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you know?

AnonymousPoster
10-18-2009, 04:49 AM
WHEN AND HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU LOVE SOMEONE? WHAT SIGNS, FEELINGS, IDEAS LETS YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE? HOW DO YOU DIFFERENTIATE LOVE/CRUSH/GRATITUDE/LUST? HOW CAN YOU TELL REAL LOVE FROM THE REST??? :heated::heated::heated::heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
10-18-2009, 01:47 PM
why don't you google love feelings? thats what i was doing the other night lol

Thinker
10-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I can tell you that features like a crush or lust are not love and unfortunately only serve cloud one’s ability to identify true love. Those features appear because like any other animal, our primary function is to procreate and we are driven by hormones towards the opposite sex for that purpose. You can not love someone you don’t know and you cannot know anyone until you have spent considerable time with them. After you have spent that time and discovered that this person does things that make you smile and even those small things that some might find irritating about him/her you also make you smile and he/she is your friend whom you trust implicitly then you will know that it is love. I can also tell you that there is not just one person in the world that fits that description; there are thousands or even millions. I can also tell you that, unfortunately, most people get and settle for less than 100% of the ideal.

Woodrow
10-18-2009, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
WHEN AND HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU LOVE SOMEONE? WHAT SIGNS, FEELINGS, IDEAS LETS YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE? HOW DO YOU DIFFERENTIATE LOVE/CRUSH/GRATITUDE/LUST? HOW CAN YOU TELL REAL LOVE FROM THE REST??? :heated::heated::heated::heated:
Ask your self this one question:

Would I be willing to give this person up, no matter how much it hurts me, if it was best for him/her?

If you can answer yes with full sincerity, it probably is love.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kabeer
10-18-2009, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Would I be willing to give this person up, no matter how much it hurts me, if it was best for him/her?

or it could be that you dont care so much for that person either ;)

Peace

AnonymousPoster
10-18-2009, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Well actually in my situation, it is more like "will I be willing to give up this person,no matter how much it hurts me, if it was best for ME"? If I am deciding whether to give him up or not due to some problems he has, does that mean I don't love him or never loved him? Should I have kept him anyway if it was TRUE LOVE?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-18-2009, 06:31 PM
^ who cares?

seriously?

what does it matter wether or not it was love? cant love come from evil sources?

was it love when barseesah fornicated with the girl he gave shelter to and then killed her and his own child?

whatever comes before marriage is evil

live by islam and die by islam

may Allah grant you true love in jannah

Cabdullahi
10-18-2009, 06:53 PM
You know when your in love when the opposite say they'll look after you through thick and thin by cooking and cleaning and that is true love!

this ofcourse applies to you if ur a male and the looking after, cooking,cooking,cooking and cleaning applies to the females

AnonymousPoster
10-18-2009, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
You know when your in love when the opposite say they'll look after you through thick and thin by cooking and cleaning and that is true love!

this ofcourse applies to you if ur a male and the looking after, cooking,cooking,cooking and cleaning applies to the females
lol seriously, well I am not such a big fan of eating/cooking/cooking/cooking well neither is the guy am talking about..who cares about that when we have Chipotle/McDonald's right?;D;D;D just need something a little more constructive than that like how do you know if someone is your Soulmate? I am pretty sure food isn't one of the major indicators+o(+o(

IbnAbdulHakim
10-18-2009, 07:08 PM
^ you know when Allaah causes you to be binded into a marriage and you spend countless years together through thick and thin...

AnonymousPoster
10-18-2009, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
^ you know when Allaah causes you to be binded into a marriage and you spend countless years together through thick and thin...
Well come on you can't just marry someone without knowing them and having feelings for them right?? what if they turn out to be horrible and since you r married to them you have no way out...n as a Muslimah you have to obey them every time...that is just unfortunate..

IbnAbdulHakim
10-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Well come on you can't just marry someone without knowing them and having feelings for them right?? what if they turn out to be horrible and since you r married to them you have no way out...n as a Muslimah you have to obey them every time...that is just unfortunate..
you dont marry someone until you find out some background information on them - then meet them (WITH MAHRAMS AROUND) - then feel an inclination ! you dont need more then this for a successful marriage !

DATING IS HARAM !

AnonymousPoster
10-18-2009, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
you dont marry someone until you find out some background information on them - then meet them (WITH MAHRAMS AROUND) - then feel an inclination ! you dont need more then this for a successful marriage !

DATING IS HARAM !
I know exactly what you mean brother. But understand some crucial aspects of the person cannot be known through other people that know him...like deeper personality traits..his family and friends know him but obviously not to that level even if they do they will not tell you anything bad about him after all they love him or like him...and other people only know him generally as a nice, successful, religious and educated guy of course that is all they see...just because he prays at the mosque 5times a day does not mean he has good character/behavior/personality when get to know him truly..I don't know I feel like it is sooo hard to know a person truly leave alone trust yourself with them by marrying them

IbnAbdulHakim
10-18-2009, 07:40 PM
^ thats what istikhara is for :) and my family always asks for references to a pious scholar that the prospect knows ! it helps a lot

we're currently seeing a prospect and he gave two references to local alims which we can check out

Ummu Sufyaan
10-19-2009, 06:57 AM
:sl:
the way i look at it, is that such feelings aren't essential. if you feel some inclination towards someone (be it love, lust, etc) and they fulfill the requirements of being a husband/wife, then pray istikhara and go for it. dont fool around by seeing that person, thinking that it doesn't matter as you dont have any feelings for them, when in reality you are falling for them without you realizing. so bottom line is try to get married to them if you feel attracted to them otherwise fear Allah in regards to yourself and stay away from them...

syilla
10-19-2009, 07:14 AM
All i can say is no one actually knows...huhu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!