/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The little girl and her pearls.

10-18-2009, 01:42 PM
:sl:

This is something I received through email.......

The little girl and her pearls.

The cheerful girl with bouncy golden curls was almost five waiting with her mother at the checkout stand, she saw them: a circle of glistening white pearls in a pink foil box.

"Oh please, Mommy. Can I have them? Please, Mommy, please?"

Quickly the mother checked the back of the little foil box and then looked back into the pleading blue eyes of her little girl's upturned face.

"One rand ninety-five. That's almost $2.00. If you really want them, I'll think of some extra chores for you and in no time you can save enough money to buy them for yourself. Your birthday's only a week away and you might get some money from Grandma."

As soon as Aysha got home, she emptied her penny bank and counted out 17 cents. After dinner, she did more than her share of chores and she went to the neighbor and asked Mrs. Kamaa if she could pick dandelions for ten cents.

On her birthday, Grandma did give her another rand and at last she had enough money to buy the necklace.

Aysha loved her pearls. They made her feel dressed up and grown up. She wore them everywhere - Madrassa, kindergarten, even to bed.

The only time she took them off was when she went swimming or had a bubble bath. Mother said if they got wet, they might turn her neck green.

Aysha had a very loving daddy and every night when she was ready for bed, he would stop whatever he was doing and come upstairs to read her a story.

One night when he finished the story, he asked Aysha, "Do you love me?"

"Oh yes, Daddy. You know that I love you."

"Then give me your pearls."

"Oh, Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have Princess - the white horse from my collection. The one with the pink tail. Remember, Daddy? The one you gave me. She's my favourite."

"That's okay, Honey. Daddy loves you." And he brushed her cheek with a kiss.

About a week later, after the story time, Aysha's daddy asked again, "Do you love me?"

"Daddy, you know I love you."

"Then give me your pearls."

"Oh Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have my baby doll. The brand New one I got for my birthday. She is so beautiful and you can have the yellow blanket that matches her sleeper."

"That's okay. Sleep well little one. Daddy loves you."

And as always, he brushed her cheek with a gentle kiss.

A few nights later when her daddy came in, Aysha was sitting on her bed with her legs crossed Indian-style. As he came close, he noticed her chin was trembling and one silent tear rolled down her cheek.

"What is it, Aysha? What's the matter?" Aysha didn't say anything but lifted her little hand up to her daddy. And when she opened it, there was her little pearl necklace. With a little quiver, she finally said,

"Here, Daddy. It's for you."

With tears gathering in his own eyes, Aysha's kind daddy reached out with one hand to take the cheap store necklace, and with the other hand he reached into his pocket and pulled out a blue velvet case with a strand of genuine pearls and gave them to Aysha.

He had them all the time. He was just waiting for her to give up the cheap store stuff so he could give her the genuine treasure.

So as it is with Allaah (swt). He (swt) is waiting for us to give up the cheap things in our lives so that He (swt) can give us beautiful treasures.

Are you holding onto things which Allaah (swt) wants you to let go of?

Are you holding on to harmful or unnecessary partners, relationships, habits and activities which you have come so attached to that it seems impossible to let go of?

Sometimes it is so hard to see what is in the other hand, but do believe this one thing......

Allaah (swt) will never take away something without giving you something better to take its place.

“There is nothing that you leave out of God-consciousness except that Allaah will compensate you with something better” (Ahmad).

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eliphaz
10-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Jazakallah sister, very inspirational.

Muslim Woman
10-19-2009, 12:30 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice

“There is nothing that you leave out of God-consciousness except that Allaah will compensate you with something better”

Thanks for sharing :statisfie

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
11-23-2009, 10:45 AM
<<<<*bump*>>>>

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
11-23-2009, 02:59 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice

Allaah (swt) will never take away something without giving you something better to take its place.

“There is nothing that you leave out of God-consciousness except that Allaah will compensate you with something better” (Ahmad).

I hope , it's ok If I post it in other forum ??

Re.TiReD
11-23-2009, 03:08 PM
That is just so amazingly amazing...

Asiyah3
11-23-2009, 03:34 PM

Jazakial-Lahu khairan sister for sharing it. Truly true and nice comparison :statisfie Insha'lLah all of us will learn from it.

May Allah guide us to do what pleases Him, and Allahumma salli 'alaa sayyidina Muhammad wa 'alaa 'aalihi wa sahbihi wa sallim.

Danah
11-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Ya Allah!!!
that's really amazing....jazakiAllah khair sis for sharing

Just what kind of ignorant we are :cry: Allah is always want the best for us, its only us who like to hold on every cheap thing and want to rush everything without thinking!!

OurIslamic
11-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Jazakallah :) Thanks for sharing.

11-23-2009, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

I hope , it's ok If I post it in other forum ??
yup thats fine inshallah

Hayfa
11-23-2009, 10:32 PM
awh MashaAllah :statisfie

JazakAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.