/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ISRAEL boycotts Turkish coffee and resorts

Argamemnon
10-19-2009, 02:43 PM
ISRAEL boycotts Turkish coffee and resorts

Turkey's firm stance against Israel over its war crimes in the Gaza Strip has prompted Israeli officials to boycott Turkish coffee and vacations.

Yossi Levy, a senior official with Israel's national carrier ElAl, has told Army Radio that his employee association and those of several other major Israeli businesses plan to stop subsidizing vacations for their workers to Turkey during the Passover holiday, AFP reported.

Normally, during the holiday next April, some 80,000 Israelis should visit Turkish resorts.

A large Israeli cafe chain has also decided to stop selling Turkish coffee.

"We have decided for the time being to stop selling 'Istanbul coffee' -- our Turkish coffee blend, and we shall keep doing it until matters improve," Michael Steg, director of marketing for the Ilan coffee shop chain, told the Ynet news website.

The boycott moves come as a response to a Turkish state television series that began airing last week that depicts Israeli soldiers deliberately killing Palestinian children, the latest incident to sour relations between Israel and Turkey.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Saturday slammed Israel as a "persecutor" that has attacked civilians in the Gaza Strip.

Turkey's population is over ten times higher than that of Israel which has a population of about seven million and in the case that "boycott war" breaks out between the two, Israel's defeat seems guaranteed.

MGH/DT

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020204

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
10-19-2009, 07:58 PM
as if turkey cares if they boycott their coffee and stuff.

Snowflake
10-19-2009, 08:05 PM
lol hamdulillah, less filth in Turkey now!!

GuestFellow
10-19-2009, 08:05 PM
LOL

Israel is such big baby.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The_Prince
10-19-2009, 08:07 PM
lol this will be good for turkey as im sure it will make Muslims go visit turkey for their holidays and buy turkish products.

also whats more interesting is that these israeli thugs are simply boycotting turkey because turkey refused to allow the israeli army their air space for a millitary excersize! so in other words, if you dare refuse to allow our millitary to conduct excersizes and tests in your country, and if you dare speak against us, we will boycott your goods and services! i mean if turkey officially boycotted israeli goods or started killing israelis then maybe you can say ok it makes sense as to why the israelis want to boycott the turks, but the turks are simply getting boycotted for saying no the Israeli millitary and speaking against them, and that says it all my friends.

either way, this is very good, the turks are very proud of their country, and this will make them become very negative towards Israel, lol Israel is slowly losing one of its only Muslim friends, and thats a very good thing, Turkey has been pandering to these people for too long and are finally waking up to the fact that that this has brought them NO WHERE.

Argamemnon
10-19-2009, 08:36 PM
I didn't know Turkey exported coffee, haha how important. We don't need Israeli money; the new high level strategic cooperation between Turkey and Syria is far more beneficial :statisfie

Turkey and Syria are going to hold military exercises;

http://www.reuters.com/article/lates...s/idUSLD314946

http://www.sana.sy/eng/22/2009/10/14/249621.htm

Also, I'm happy that trade between Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran is increasing incredibly fast, alhamdulillah. There is no other way than close cooperation between Muslim countries...

There is now a strategic partnership between Turkey-Syria and Turkey-Iraq. Iran remains sort of a rival, but the relations are very good. I wish we could create a Middle Eastern Union, why not????

HamzaTR
10-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Comment from a Jew on a Zionist Site;
How do Turkey and Israel measure each other's love?
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1121734.html
what do you think?

mahfuja
10-19-2009, 11:14 PM
LOL! so Israel are boycotting Turkish coffee not because Turkey are Illegally occupying their land, Not because Turkey are building Illegal settlements, Not because Turkey are killing their people but because Turkey refused to give the Israeli army their air space for a military exercise!!

GuestFellow
10-19-2009, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahfuja
LOL! so Israel are boycotting Turkish coffee not because Turkey are Illegally occupying their land, Not because Turkey are building Illegal settlements, Not because Turkey are killing their people but because Turkey refused to give the Israeli army their air space for a military exercise!!
^WIN!

Excellent post.

Sampharo
10-20-2009, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
lol this will be good for turkey as im sure it will make Muslims go visit turkey for their holidays and buy turkish products.
That actually would be a good idea for us to CAMPAIGN on. Us as muslims from all over the World should start now to direct our business and vacation towards turkey, at the very least to salute it and show that those who stand by what is right will benefit and not lose! If Israelis won't be there, then it's all the better for us. I bet you a simple word-of-mouth can have an effect, and in such circumstances turkish coffee right now would taste better to me than Columbia's best blend! :)

A'râf
10-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Bi biz beceremedik şu israil mallarını protesto etmeyi ...

Sadece ülke olarak değil ,müslümanlar olarak!

Tatillerini ülkemizde geçirmeyecekleri için bi teşekkürü hak ettiler aslında:P ama çok beklerler yinede :D

GuestFellow
10-21-2009, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A'râf
Bi biz beceremedik şu israil mallarını protesto etmeyi ...

Sadece ülke olarak değil ,müslümanlar olarak!

Tatillerini ülkemizde geçirmeyecekleri için bi teşekkürü hak ettiler aslında:P ama çok beklerler yinede :D
I'll translate.

We were unable to manage their wealth that Israel Bi to protest ...

Not only as a country, as true Muslims!

Spend their holidays in our country, they will not actually deserve thanks for the bi: P but they still expect
Okay not sure if I translated that properly. :hiding:

جوري
10-23-2009, 03:35 AM
so this is what it takes to get those turds out of our lands? Display them for what they actually are and protest them for the hateful war mongering, child killing *******s that they are? Wow, so simple, sob7an Allah, why didn't the rest of the Muslim world think of that? They must enjoy Norwegian rats released into their holy vales as a parting gift and of course the nude beaches.. since I can't think of one good reason the rest of the Muslim world is not to follow in Turkey's lead!!!!!!!

:wa:

titus
10-23-2009, 03:39 AM
I believe this boycott will be just about as effective as the boycott of Facebook that someone was calling for on another thread.

syilla
10-23-2009, 03:43 AM
salams...

I've never taste turkish before...probably this is the best time to post me some sample of turkish coffee...then i'll pass around how good it is.

*hides

Woodrow
10-23-2009, 03:52 AM
I see that as good news. It might make more available to us in the USA. Turkish coffee is hard to find here.

Ramadhan
10-23-2009, 10:23 AM
How more ridiculous can Israel be?

As if their so called "boycott" will make even a tiniest dent in Turkey's economy.

*thinking of actually going to Turkey for holiday next year*

Güven
10-23-2009, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
salams...

I've never taste turkish before...probably this is the best time to post me some sample of turkish coffee...then i'll pass around how good it is.

*hides

why are you hiding lol?

here is a pure traditional coffee.

To be honest its a little too bitter for me though.

Argamemnon
10-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Great article on Turkey's new foreign policy; "strategic depth".

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n28498505/

al Iskander
10-24-2009, 09:44 AM
:sl:

The relations between Israël and Turkey do not resist much later a criticism of the Turkish government .

Thi is the proof of the insincerity of the Hebrew state that is incapable to love his neighbours .;D

:sl:

Mujahideen92
10-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Thank God...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.