/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If music is haram (?)

Mohamed_
10-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Salam Aleykum,
If music is haram in Islam, then why does Allah give present to people as good voice to sing with? Or give good rythm feeling?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
10-19-2009, 03:48 PM
singing isnt haram, but musical instruments are

Muslim Woman
10-19-2009, 03:51 PM
:sl:

Several threads are already here about this topic. May be , u can visit those threads first to know the different views.

Mohamed_
10-19-2009, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
singing isnt haram, but musical instruments are
Singing in musicla instruments?

@Muslim woman: Yes, I know.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
10-19-2009, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_
Singing in musicla instruments?

@Muslim woman: Yes, I know.
um i dont quite understand... your allowed to sing without instruments.

singing is of course just like talking. reciting the quran is also like singing - so thats why it isnt haram.

theres lots of hadith that make musical instruments haram - except the tambourine i believe

Mohamed_
10-19-2009, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
um i dont quite understand... your allowed to sing without instruments.

singing is of course just like talking. reciting the quran is also like singing - so thats why it isnt haram.

theres lots of hadith that make musical instruments haram - except the tambourine i believe
Umm... Alright.
What's about the good rythm feeling? I was a drumer before I converted to Islam. And I'm sure I got some experience from drumming... I know people who wanted to learn to play the drum, but they didn't learn and and didn't give it aswell. They don't play the drum, because they can't.

tango92
10-19-2009, 05:30 PM
you get a good feeling when drinking alcohol (or so ive heard) but it is still haram.
the "good feeling" etc is just a trial and temptation from shaitan.
Allah knows best that their are negatives of music that outweigh the positives.

the believers say: "we hear and obey" it is not fitting to continuously question the deen.

Snowflake
10-19-2009, 05:43 PM
^:sl: Absolutely, mashaAllah well said.

Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested. (Quran:29:2)

Mohamed_
10-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Hmmm... What's about Michael Jackson? He converted to Islam in 2007, or no? If no why is there a song called 'Give thanks to Allah'?... So he might be in hell or no?

Al-Yasa
10-19-2009, 06:27 PM
music isnt haram....i think it depends on wat u are singing bout

Sampharo
10-19-2009, 06:30 PM
^ The song "Give Thanks to Allah" is not sung by Michael Jackson, but by a singer called Zain Bhikha.

As to whether or not he is in hell or heavens, do you think we know where you, me, or anyone who died in the last 1000 years might be? :)

Mohamed_
10-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Not really... Hmmm.... A never mind, I find it unless to ask other things about it.

Rasema
10-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Salam Aleykum,
If music is haram in Islam, then why does Allah give present to people as good voice to sing with? Or give good rythm feeling?
:wa:
Brother, please watch this video and you will understand why music is harmful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RthlUOYkI7M
Wish you the best.

We do not believe that we are saved just because we're Muslims. We just try to act in the way that pleases God while trying and avoiding everything that displeases him. If we knew that we are going to paradise we would feel secure from Allah's punishment.

Allah creates us naked but we're all dressed.:p

'Abd-al Latif
10-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Salam Aleykum,
Allah can give His blessings to whomsoever He wills and it is up to His creation if they want to use His blessings the right way or the wrong way. One can use the good voice that Allah has blessed him with to recite Qur'an day and night as the Prophet :saws: said: "The proficient in (reciting the) Qur'an is with (in status) of the Angels" [bukhari and muslim]. Or he can use his voice to disobey Allah to sing and mislead the people through idle and useless talk (i.e. singing).

Regardless, this topic has been discussed previously in other threads, if you use the search feature you will find them insha'Allah.

One of these threads can be found here: http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...415-music.html

Mohamed_
10-19-2009, 08:10 PM
An hour long video? :O I must to have some free time and get brain to concentrate to this video...

Rasema
10-19-2009, 08:12 PM
An hour long video? :O I must to have some free time and get brain to concentrate to this video...
How about watching not everything. To where you get to?

Mohamed_
10-19-2009, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
How about watching not everything. To where you get to?
I'm thinking about the same thing... Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't understand something he says... Once he says 'Music is haram and it's a type language of the shaytaan', then once he says 'Music isn't haram as far, but it's probably not halal'. Or maybe I'm just too young to understand this...:hmm:imsad

But he is talking about the sexuality also, that's good also... I'll have more time to understand more of it -insa'Allah.

I just listened it for about 15 minutes.

Rasema
10-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm thinking about the same thing... Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't understand something he says... Once he says 'Music is haram and it's a type language of the shaytaan', then once he says 'Music isn't haram as far, but it's probably not halal'. Or maybe I'm just too young to understand this...:hmm:imsad

But he is talking about the sexuality also, that's good also... I'll have more time to understand more of it -insa'Allah.

I just listened it for about 15 minutes.
Sorry, I should have asked for your age. If you are too young you have to understand that if they don't tell us this we would not know what is right and wrong. But once I get the time I will write down what he says and tell you.:)
You're not stupid its his accent.

Watch the video over again and you'll get it.

Yea, at the end he does start giving examples on how people get tempted by music. That is negative. It is bad.When you listen soft voices of woman, or something like that. Because Islam is a pure religion and you should try your best to be as pure as possible.

Mohamed_
10-20-2009, 04:09 AM
Sorry, I should have asked for your age. If you are too young you have to understand that if they don't tell us this we would not know what is right and wrong. But once I get the time I will write down what he says and tell you.:)
You're not stupid its his accent.

Watch the video over again and you'll get it.

Yea, at the end he does start giving examples on how people get tempted by music. That is negative. It is bad.When you listen soft voices of woman, or something like that. Because Islam is a pure religion and you should try your best to be as pure as possible.
I'm 16. And yea I heard that part, when is talking about women.

Rasema
10-20-2009, 04:18 AM
Aww
Well, now you know that you shouldn't listen to those crazy woman on Ipods etc..

MashAllah(when someone is pleased with a situation) that you're so young and interested into Al-Islam. I hope you seek knowledge util grave, InshAllah(God willing) you become an American scholar of Islam one day.

Feel free to ask questions about anything. Sometimes there is this waswas and they make you have evil thaughts about Allah. InshAllah, you beat them.

Again, they lecture us stuff like that so we know between the right and wrong.

Your sister in Islam.

Mohamed_
10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Aww
Well, now you know that you shouldn't listen to those crazy woman on Ipods etc..

MashAllah(when someone is pleased with a situation) that you're so young and interested into Al-Islam. I hope you seek knowledge util grave, InshAllah(God willing) you become an American scholar of Islam one day.

Feel free to ask questions about anything. Sometimes there is this waswas and they make you have evil thaughts about Allah. InshAllah, you beat them.

Again, they lecture us stuff like that so we know between the right and wrong.

Your sister in Islam.
Thank you very much, sister! :) insa'Allah, I'll be an American scholar. :) At least Allah gave me this chance by guided me to Islam. :)

I never listened/listen those songs from the American gilrs, not even from other singers, for example Shakira, Beyonce etc... I don't really like that kind of music. I like rap, rock and some techno... But about lyrics, I never listen to where is swear or anything like that. It must be clear about lyrics otherwise I don't listen to it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.