/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How many of us grew up watching Disney?

mahfuja
10-19-2009, 10:30 PM
astaghrifulla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTKCianLuI0

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
10-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Sorry but I found the guy slightly funny. O.o

ardianto
10-20-2009, 04:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahfuja
astaghrifulla
Why you are so shocked, sister ?.

Catholic's view is not Muslim's business.
Try to find another video or article about Disney that based on Islamic view, then we can discuss. :)

Muezzin
10-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Okay.

The Little Mermaid - it's not that the main character is dressed immodestly. It's not that the message of the Disney film could be construed as 'girls should give up who they are, to the extent of losing their ability to talk, in order to pursue a man'. It's that on the packaging there's supposedly a phallus nobody can see unless they look for it.

Aladdin - it's not that the main heroine is again dressed immodestly. It's not that the story could be construed as 'it's okay to use an enslaved being to do your bidding so long as you decide to free them in the end'. It's that there's supposedly a hidden message that you wouldn't hear unless you randomly decide to slow the film down.

Pocahontas - it's not that it (possibly offensively) oversimplifies the genocide of Native Americans. It's not that for blatant marketing reasons it decides to portray Pocahontas as a young adult when in reality, during the relevant events, she was a child. It's that the word 'Pocahontas' apparently means 'spirit abyss' which will call the Devil to your children. Even though it actually doesn't mean 'Spirit abyss' in the Native American language in question, but rather, according to the comments of the YouTube video, was a nickname meaning 'Little wanton'.

The Lion King - it's not that... actually, I can't think of a single thing to misconstrue in that movie. It's awesome. Anyway, the argument is that Time magazine called it dirty and violent and will make all the children that watch it into assassins. I don't know if the article in question exists, but I'm fairly certain that if it does, I assume its writer has actually seen the movie, which for some reason, I don't think the guy in the YouTube video has. Oh, and apparently, one of the Lion King's producers was gay, and one of the lions walks 'like a girl' therefore the finished product is a Satanic gay-maker. And if you deliberately slow down the film, some dust particles spell out the word 'Sex'. If you squint, and are specifically looking for it. On the plus side, if all these bizarre claims are true, we should be seeing an influx of gay assassins in the next decade or so. Gay asssassins. Could you think of anything more hilarious?

Never heard of 'Growing up gay with Mickey Mouse'. What the hell is Minnie Mouse in relation to him then?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Riyaad
10-20-2009, 12:46 PM
AsSalamu Alaikum,

I agree with the sister, the shows and movies Disney releases is probably not in the best interest of our children. I remember when I was a child and while watching the Little Mermaid, it was pointed out to me an erection the cook had at the end of the movie, on the ship. I shown several other "hidden" scenes within Disney cartoon movies, clearly placed there by none other but the employees/developers of the movies. I am not saying that the creator, Walt Disney had any intentions to expose children to any sexual or satanic innuendoes, but it is certain that the most of the movies and t.v. shows created by Disney Company have scenes or situations in them that are not conducive to our Muslim children. For instance, the sex scenes found in many of the shows; teenagers kissing and fondling each other. Also, the show that is purely about magic and witchcraft, Wizards of Waverly Place.
As parents, we need to be more aware of what our children are dedicating their time to. We should never let someone who is not Muslim dictate to use what is Hilal and what is Hiram.
Allah knows best.

Riyaad
www.MuslimHeat.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.