/* */

PDA

View Full Version : charity querie

AnonymousPoster
10-20-2009, 01:43 PM
salaam alaikum

I have been supporting a non muslim charity from the past year now but some muslims told me its haraam and you are not meant to be supporting poor non muslims and sponsor non muslim orphans. they take money directly from my account monthly without me having to do anything which is really handy for me as i am very busy with work and studies its just that every muslim charity is online and you have to forward the money from your account to another which is awkward and im not familiar with this at all and do not have the time either so can some body tell me is this haraam to support poor non muslims who are starving to death?? and what education would they have about islam anyway since they are poor and no schooling

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
10-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Well, I'm not sure if it's haraam or not but it's still a really nice thing to do, keep it up :)

Snowflake
10-20-2009, 03:04 PM
:sl: No it is definitely not haram to help needy non muslims. Sadqa can be given to anyone, but zakah only to muslims.The Prophet's (saw) life shows us many instances in which Rasulullah helped non muslims in various ways. He (saw) helped re-start the half ul-Foodhul and took an active role in helping to bring peace and unity among the makkan tribes.

here is another example of how the Prophet (saw) helped a local dispute.

A DISPUTE RESOLVED
Prophet Muhammad's desire for maintaining peace and averting conflict is quite evident from an incident that occurred when he was about thirty five years old. The Quraysh of Mecca decided to rebuild the Ka'ba after some cracks had appeared in its walls. All the families of the Quraysh assisted in this effort. As the walls rose from the ground and the time came to replace the sacred black stone in its place, a dispute broke out. Each of the four main families of the Quraysh wanted this honour exclusively for themselves and the construction of the Ka'ba came to a halt. After many days of suspended work, the Quraysh assembled again and decided that the first person to enter the Ka'ba's courtyard will be chosen to settle the dispute. Muhammad happened to be that person. Muhammad quickly grasped the situation and asked that the black stone be placed on a sheet of cloth. He then asked the four families of the Quraysh to hold each comer of the cloth and raise the stone to its place. Thus Muhammad, through his wisdom, averted the conflict and resolved the dispute in a manner acceptable to the Quraysh.

The Prophet's ways show us that we should attempt to resolve problems in the communities we live in. Non muslims living in Islamic lands were also given help and protection in return for a small tax. Please keep up the good work you're doing. May Allah reward you for it. Ameen.

:wa:

tresbien
10-20-2009, 03:11 PM
keep on helping them for ALLAH SAKE AS LONG AS THIS MONEY IS NOT USED TO HARM MUSLIMS OR SPENT ON ILLEGAL THINGS.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
10-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Bismillahi rahmani raheem

"Allah forbiddeth you not those who warred not against you on account of religion and drove you not out from your homes, that ye should show them kindness and deal justly with them. Lo! Allah loveth the just dealers"
Qur'an. Surah : Al Mumtahina Ayaah : 08

As Muslim we can give charity to poor non-muslims people who never fight us, never fight Islam. It's halal.

PS : please differentiate, which non-muslims who fight us, which non-muslims who never fight us, although these people are in same nation.

Sampharo
10-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Yes it's permissible, not haram. But it is mostly indicated to do so to non-muslims in need, and many scholars say it needs to be based on having a hope-for-revertion to Islam kind of relationship, which is not there with a non-muslim charity.

Wouldn't it be better to direct your money to a charity that is supporting needy muslim children who do NOT have sponsors yet? Non-muslim charity use the money in strange ways and call it charity, some of which are frivalous (summer camps and animal hotels!), and many have no accountability.

Search online for an Islamic charity and you'll find most of them are also efficient and take a monthly amount out of your account if you so wish.

zakirs
10-21-2009, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Bismillahi rahmani raheem

"Allah forbiddeth you not those who warred not against you on account of religion and drove you not out from your homes, that ye should show them kindness and deal justly with them. Lo! Allah loveth the just dealers"
Qur'an. Surah : Al Mumtahina Ayaah : 08

As Muslim we can give charity to poor non-muslims people who never fight us, never fight Islam. It's halal.

PS : please differentiate, which non-muslims who fight us, which non-muslims who never fight us, although these people are in same nation.
perfectly said bro..

@poster.. what you are doing is awesome.. keep it going :)

May Allah reward you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.