/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doing Da'wah is compulsory for every Muslim but...

Masuma
10-21-2009, 12:09 PM
:bism:

:salamext:

These are wonderful sites which show that doing Da’wah is compulsory for every Muslim.

Specially this one http://www.missiondaawah.blogspot.co...ut-daawah.html

I agree with it but I have some questions regarding this subject. I feel like I need more explanation of this topic. If someone can please answer me these questions, believe me I’ll be so grateful to him or her.

• At what age one is required to start doing Da’wah? The age in these sites was not mentioned.

• So does it mean that I’ll have to start doing it now? But I am totally not ready to indulge in any kind of discussions with the very well experienced non-Muslims!

• My knowledge of Deen is just so little. I am 17 years old but believe me, my knowledge of Islam, I feel like is even little than a 12 year old Muslim’s! :cry:This is because I only came to know of real Islam at the age of 14, (I guess)! Allah knows best. (I was born a Muslim but didn’t know what being a Muslim actually meant.) Before it, I was just a namesake Muslim. (Even this that at some point in my life, I actually started disliking Islam, which I used to see being practiced around me. The Islam which media presented acted like a repellent and I drew more away from it. But with the Grace, Love and Mercy of my Allah, my Moula saved my soul! My Love, Allah gave me guidance and enabled me to discover the true Islam.) The problem is that my knowledge of Deen mainly suffered due to these reasons. My parents are not practicing Muslims (they don’t even offer prayers which worry me a lot!) Therefore they didn’t pay much attention to my religious grooming. They only desired from me A+ grade and so that’s only what I did. I neglected Deen and knew nothing deep about it before the age of 14! My parents still don’t teach me Deen (Religion). So that’s why I have lot of questions for which I require other people’s help. My mum and daddy can’t answer me the questions related to Islam because they simply don’t know! My Islamiyat teachers never gave satisfactory answers. They always talked so un-authentically that I stopped asking them anything. About help from my friends, they can’t help me because they themselves don’t know. When I ask them to search for answers with me, their only response I get is that they don’t care! So all of this has contributed to limiting my knowledge of Islam. (Height of my ignorance was this that only at the age of 16 I came to know that there are hadith books called Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim etc! Before this I didn’t even know that hadith books existed!)

• Doing Da’wah is very time consuming. Time consuming in a sense that I’ll have to first search for the answers and not just any answers but authentic answers and then can present them to the non-Muslims. The non-Muslims know my Deen even more than me so how will I be able to do Da’wah with them? And for crying out loud, I haven’t even yet finished the first 4 Surahs’ translation! Won’t it be totally devastating for me to start doing Da’wah with the very well experienced non-Muslims?

• My mum and dad want me to study and just study. I can only do Da’wah through internet but they would even go to banning my use of internet if that’s going to affect my studies. Dad says that these are crucial years of my life and that my career would depend on how well I perform in A-Level. Then hopefully inshAllah will start my medical studies as I am planning to become a doctor and so won’t be able to even spend 2 to 3 hours relaxing or doing Da’wah. Dad thinks that I am only wasting my time. He says that you can do Da’wah when you are old enough and when you have considerable knowledge of Deen, but what if that time never comes? What if I don’t make it till that time? Would I be forgiven by Allah for having the intention only? But then every Muslim will say that I’ll do it later and that “later” will never come!

• My insufficient knowledge is the main problem. I can’t read the whole of Quran, Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim and other major books in just 1 year! There are lots of hadith in Sahih Bukhari which I didn’t understand and have no one at home or around to explain them to me. I tried very hard to find a Tafsir of hadith but didn’t find any. Plus even if I find a Tafsir of hadith, reading it would again take me many years.

• Doing Da’wah is so interesting that after I am finished, I find it difficult to concentrate on my studies. I simply keep thinking about answers and so my study suffers as a result. So how to stop thinking about it while I am studying?

So please somebody, anybody, can you please help me with this?

May Allah bless you all!:statisfie

Allahafiz!:muslimah:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sampharo
10-21-2009, 03:44 PM
You can start increasing your knowledge by not listening to ignorant and misguided websites.

Dawah is a great deed and earns the best of rewards. It is however not compulsory or obligatory on every single muslim, and the website refers to Quranic verses that have nothing to do with dawah. As a matter of fact the second one "Verily, those who conceal the clear proofs, evidences and the guidance, which We have sent down, after We have made it clear for the people in the book, they are the ones cursed by Allaah and cursed by the cursers."[2:159] does not even refer to MUSLIMS.

Dawah is Fard Kifaya, which means if some people are doing it, then it is sufficient. It requires that you are equipped with the knowledge and tools and have fullfiled the conditions and do not have preventative excuses. Relax and gain main knowledge which is regarding your worship and growth, THAT is obligatory actually. If you so wish later in life when you have the tools necessary then you can go and gain great rewards through Dawah.

God knows best

Masuma
10-22-2009, 04:04 PM

:salamext:

Thanku sho much, shweet bro, for replying! May Allah bless you. :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
You can start increasing your knowledge by not listening to ignorant and misguided websites.
Brother, the anti-Islamic sites can do no harm to me mashAllah! They are just places of mentally-ill people and one with commonsense can easily find out how much falsehood they contain. But bro, do you know one thing, I started doing Dawah on one of the world's most pathetic anti-Islamic forum and from there, I actually started coming more towards Islam. That forum, God willingly only strengthened my faith!

Dawah is a great deed and earns the best of rewards. It is however not compulsory or obligatory on every single muslim,
Nah! It is bro! The criteria to enter in Jannah requires it. It is just so clear from these Quranic verses.

Is it compulsary?
Today most of the Muslims are unaware of the fact that doing Da'wah is COMPULSARY (Fardh). In fact Allaah says in Surah Al Asr:
"By the Time.
Indeed! Man is in a loss.
Except those who have faith and do good works and encourage one another to Truth and encourage one another to patience"
[Al Qur'an 103:1-3]

Allaah (SWT) in these verses is saying that Man is in loss i.e. man will go to hell; except those who believe and do good works, ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER TO TRUTH and to patience. Hence, a person will not attain Paradise if he/she does not Invite people to Truth (i.e. Islam) according to Surah Al Asr. No wonder, Imam Sha'fi (R) said: "If the people were to ponder on this Surah, it would be sufficient for them (for their salvation).''
and the website refers to Quranic verses that have nothing to do with dawah.
Which one?

As a matter of fact the second one "Verily, those who conceal the clear proofs, evidences and the guidance, which We have sent down, after We have made it clear for the people in the book, they are the ones cursed by Allaah and cursed by the cursers."[2:159] does not even refer to MUSLIMS.
Yeah! The verse doesnot refer to Muslims directly but refers to them in this context.
Not fulfilling this duty
The obligation is further emphasized by the following verse which explains that not conveying the message - hiding knowledge - is disobedience to Allaah that causes Allaah's curse to descend upon such people, which shows that such a sin leads to the Hellfire.

"Verily, those who conceal the clear proofs, evidences and the guidance, which We have sent down, after We have made it clear for the people in the book, they are the ones cursed by Allaah and cursed by the cursers."

[Al Qur'an 2:159]

Dawah is Fard Kifaya, which means if some people are doing it, then it is sufficient.
Nai na! It is Fard on every Muslim! Allah didn't say this in His verse that if some ppl are doing it, it is sufficient. Allah said it is Fard on all Muslims.

It requires that you are equipped with the knowledge and tools and have fullfiled the conditions and do not have preventative excuses.
What are those conditions?

Relax and gain main knowledge which is regarding your worship and growth, THAT is obligatory actually. If you so wish later in life when you have the tools necessary then you can go and gain great rewards through Dawah.
What if I don't live till that time? Will Allah forgive me for having the intention only?

Muslim Woman
10-22-2009, 04:14 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
At what age one is required to start doing Da’wah?
I don't think any age is mentioned in Quran or hadith. Also , we don't have to be engaged in debates with non-Muslims all the time . We must invite them in to the truth in a good manner. We can give them copies of Quran , audio CD etc .

For ordinary Muslim like me , I hope it's enough for me now that when I read any good articles , I share it with others , post it in different forums ; I buy and gift good Islamic books etc etc .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sampharo
10-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Sobhan Allah, we say "It's a bull," and they say "Milk it." :D

Sister, don't make statements of what is fard and what is not fard when you don't know just because you read a website. I have been teaching such basic stuff for some years now. May God bless your zeal though and energy. :) I am not sure if you read Arabic but here goes:

(وَلْتَكُنْ مِنْكُمْ أُمَّةٌ يَدْعُونَ إِلَى الْخَيْرِ وَيَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَيَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنْكَرِ وَأُولَئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ) ومنها قوله جل وعلا: (ادْعُ إِلَى سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ وَجَادِلْهُمْ بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ)، فبين سبحانه أن أتباع الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم هم الدعاة إلى الله، وهم أهل البصائر، والواجب كما هو معلوم هو اتباعه، والسير على منهاجه عليه الصلاة والسلام، كما قال تعالى: (لَقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِي رَسُولِ اللَّهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ لِمَنْ كَانَ يَرْجُو اللَّهَ وَالْيَوْمَ الْآخِرَ وَذَكَرَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا)، وصرح العلماء بأن الدعوة إلى الله عز وجل فرض كفاية، بالنسبة إلى الأقطار التي يقوم فيها الدعاة، فإن كل قطر وكل إقليم يحتاج إلى الدعوة وإلى النشاط فيها، فهي فرض كفاية إذا قام بها من يكفي سقط عن الباقين ذلك الواجب، وصارت الدعوة في حق الباقين سنة مؤكدة، وعملا صالحا جليلا.

Dawah is Fard Kefaya which means if some people do it then others don't have to. That is the consensus of scholarly opinions including the one above which comes from the Fatwa Council. God said: "Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity." [3:104] A band of people was very clear and from this along with other evidence in hadith and sunnah, fiqh scholars classified dawah to be Fard Kifaya (sufficient or collective obligation), meaning if a group does it, it is sufficient and not everyone has to. After fard al-kifaya is fullfilled, people who want to do it will be making a good deed and following a Sunnah Moakkada. Of course if NO ONE is doing it and everybody is ignoring it, then everyone shares the blame. But if some do it, then it drops from the shoulders of the rest.

Also it has requirements of knowledge and ability to be fullfilled. You were just asking yourself how can you perform dawah when you're 17, studying at home, and don't know about Islam. How do you expect other people who are not as learned, or illiterate, or poor or disabled to be obligated to do dawah then? Other conditions include physical and financial ability to go out and do it if you wish to go places for dawah. Also your parents' consent just like in Jihad.

Sister, ask yourself some more questions: If you don't know enough about Islam, how will you debate? How will you teach them the basics when you're mixed up yourself? What if you teach them quran and you are pronouncing it wrong and end up making them say blasphemy or pronounce heresy? Dawah is SPECIFICALLY not required from those who do not have sufficient knowledge in Islam.

The obligatory level of dawah sister on every muslim is to enjoin on good and forbid evil by telling people about WHAT YOU KNOW FOR A FACT, to both muslims and non-muslims, and to do it with kindness and good example not by forcing them or ordering them since you have no authority. For non-muslims especially you can also become a tool of dawah by being a good muslim yourself as far as you can create as an example in good behaviour and manner of speaking by as much as you know, so that non-muslims see respectable inspiring people as muslims.

As for your questions, sorry sister, you are making Ta'weel and other forbidden things when you say:
doesnot refer to Muslims directly but refers to them in this context.
Ta'weel is extracting implications without proof and making conjecture on the references of a quranic verse. All good Sunnah scholars agree that we shouldn't, and that it leads to great corruption and sin.

And what I meant by ignorant websites was not anti-islam websites. I meant Islamic websites that do not have a proper scholarly editor board to make sure it pronounces proper information. The one you quoted from is what I meant.

Here is a good English article for you to read as well:
What kind of obligation is Dawah?

Please note in it the definitive line in the ninth paragraph: "Thus, giving Da`wah with proper training and specialization is regarded as Fard Kifayah (collective obligation). That means in every community some people must take the proper Da`wah training and should do this work in a systematic and methodical way on behalf of all other members of the community. If some people do this work, then there is no blame on others"

This is coming from the North American Fiqh Council member and previous head of ISNA. Always check where and from whom you're getting your information sister so that you may prosper insha Allah.

Masuma
10-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Sister, don't make statements of what is fard and what is not fard when you don't know just because you read a website.
But the website is I think of Peace TV which belongs to Dr. Zakir Naik and he is a famous scholar who talks very authentically. I have heard Dr. Zakir Naik say it many times that Da'wah is Fard on every Muslim.

I have been teaching such basic stuff for some years now.
So now I am even more confused!:laugh: You say here that Da'wah is not compulsory for every Muslim and Dr. Zakir Naik, who is also a well known scholar says that Da'wah is fard on every Muslim (he has used a very powerful word dear bro, "Fard")! So I think that now I'll have to rely on my own intentions till I find lots of proofs about this topic of whether it is compulsory for every Muslim or not. :(

(وَلْتَكُنْ مِنْكُمْ أُمَّةٌ يَدْعُونَ إِلَى الْخَيْرِ وَيَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَيَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنْكَرِ وَأُولَئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ) ومنها قوله جل وعلا: (ادْعُ إِلَى سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ وَجَادِلْهُمْ بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ)، فبين سبحانه أن أتباع الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم هم الدعاة إلى الله، وهم أهل البصائر، والواجب كما هو معلوم هو اتباعه، والسير على منهاجه عليه الصلاة والسلام، كما قال تعالى: (لَقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِي رَسُولِ اللَّهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ لِمَنْ كَانَ يَرْجُو اللَّهَ وَالْيَوْمَ الْآخِرَ وَذَكَرَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا)، وصرح العلماء بأن الدعوة إلى الله عز وجل فرض كفاية، بالنسبة إلى الأقطار التي يقوم فيها الدعاة، فإن كل قطر وكل إقليم يحتاج إلى الدعوة وإلى النشاط فيها، فهي فرض كفاية إذا قام بها من يكفي سقط عن الباقين ذلك الواجب، وصارت الدعوة في حق الباقين سنة مؤكدة، وعملا صالحا جليلا.

Dawah is Fard Kefaya which means if some people do it then others don't have to. That is the consensus of scholarly opinions including the one above which comes from the Fatwa Council. God said: "Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity." [3:104] A band of people was very clear and from this along with other evidence in hadith and sunnah, fiqh scholars classified dawah to be Fard Kifaya (sufficient or collective obligation), meaning if a group does it, it is sufficient and not everyone has to. After fard al-kifaya is fullfilled, people who want to do it will be making a good deed and following a Sunnah Moakkada. Of course if NO ONE is doing it and everybody is ignoring it, then everyone shares the blame. But if some do it, then it drops from the shoulders of the rest.
"Fard Kefaya" or "Fard" on every Muslim, i dunno! I think I should first find more information on this.

Also it has requirements of knowledge and ability to be fullfilled.
And I think, i don't have that much ability. I am not even an average Muslim.:embarrass

How do you expect other people who are not as learned, or illiterate, or poor or disabled to be obligated to do dawah then?
"People who are not learned" about this, the site said a very beautiful thing that everyone at least knows that Allah is one! So let that man or woman spread this and tell this to other people! (It is given under the topic "Excuses which Muslim make of not doing Da'wah") Prophet Muhammad :saws1: said that convey my message to others, even if it is one word. And here, we all Muslims know a very important and basic teaching that Allah is only One and He has no Partner. So every Muslim can convey this.

Other conditions include physical and financial ability to go out and do it if you wish to go places for dawah.
People can do Da'wah with the people present around them. Or in this age of science and technology, people can use internet like me for doing Da'wah.

Also your parents' consent just like in Jihad.
Very, very right dear bro! But the thing is that my parents don't forbid me to do Da'wah. They only say that do it later, after completing your studies. They are right but I am right too in asking this that what if I don't live till that time? Will I be forgiven by Allah for having the intention only? And all those above questions.:(

Sister, ask yourself some more questions: If you don't know enough about Islam, how will you debate?
:giggling: Heheehe! I think m gonna answer my own questions. Oh the mysterious ways of Allah!:statisfie Allah-o-Akbar!
About debating, I'll first avoid debates till I have sufficient knowledge of Islam. I'll only tell others about the basics, which i 100% know better. Later. I'll avoid the person who tries to debate with me and if I wouldn't know something, I'll say to him or her directly that I don't know it yet. I'll try hard to avoid giving wrong answers.

How will you teach them the basics when you're mixed up yourself?
I am not mixed up in basics. I know this for sure that Allah is One and Only and that Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) is His last and final messenger. (You mean these basics, right?)

What if you teach them quran and you are pronouncing it wrong and end up making them say blasphemy or pronounce heresy?
I don't know!:hmm: Ummm, i'll try to never give them answers on sth I myself is not sure of. Will that be fine?

Dawah is SPECIFICALLY not required from those who do not have sufficient knowledge in Islam.
I fall in this category. I don't have sufficient knowledge of Islam.:yawn: But the site mentioned a very beautiful thing of propagating the basics.

The obligatory level of dawah sister on every muslim is to enjoin on good and forbid evil by telling people about WHAT YOU KNOW FOR A FACT, to both muslims and non-muslims, and to do it with kindness and good example not by forcing them or ordering them since you have no authority.
Exactly! This is what i'll always keep in mind.

As for your questions, sorry sister, you are making Ta'weel and other forbidden things when you say: Ta'weel is extracting implications without proof and making conjecture on the references of a quranic verse. All good Sunnah scholars agree that we shouldn't, and that it leads to great corruption and sin.
If I did something wrong, then may Allah forgive me for this. I am just a human and know nothing at all. Allah knows best everything!
But brother, that context appeared to me right and perfect. Like if sth is wrong, your heart will tell you that thats not right, same way, my heart felt that it was right.

But the more important thing is that Dr. Zakir Naik, who has not yet been reported as saying something unauthentic and wrong, also says that Da'wah is compulsory on every Muslim. It was because he said it to be a "Fard" thats why I started to ponder over it. And this thinking process made me come up with so many troubling questions!

Please note in it the definitive line in the ninth paragraph: "Thus, giving Da`wah with proper training and specialization is regarded as Fard Kifayah (collective obligation). That means in every community some people must take the proper Da`wah training and should do this work in a systematic and methodical way on behalf of all other members of the community. If some people do this work, then there is no blame on others"
I have completely understood your point, dear brother. And thats why I am even more confused now. Dr.Zakir saying sth and you saying sth else, or maybe i didn't understand Dr.Zakir properly. This is what he always say " Doing Da'wah is compulsory for every Muslim. It is Fard."
So I think I have got him right.

This is coming from the North American Fiqh Council member and previous head of ISNA. Always check where and from whom you're getting your information sister so that you may prosper insha Allah.
So who is right and who is wrong? North American Fiqh council or Dr.Zakir and his Islamic Research Foundation? I know Dr. Zakir more well than N.A council. But still I am not saying it now. I need to do some more research.

If anyone can help us here, please do it.

May Allah bless you so much dear bro, for helping me in many ways!:statisfie

Allahafiz!

Masuma
10-23-2009, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
we don't have to be engaged in debates with non-Muslims all the time .
But dear, sweet sis, I can't even spare them one minute! My studies are getting tougher day by day and in future, they will get more tough actually! If i'll be in a medical college, I won't even have enough free time to breathe!:unhappy:

We must invite them in to the truth in a good manner. We can give them copies of Quran, audio CD etc .
That we can do when we have non-Muslim friends. In my college, everyone is Muslim. And everyone else around me is also a Muslim. If I give these Muslims copies of Quran and Sunnah, that will be called Islaah, not Dawah.
See here, differences between Da'wah and Islaah.
http://www.missiondaawah.blogspot.co...ut-daawah.html

For ordinary Muslim like me , I hope it's enough for me now that when I read any good articles , I share it with others , post it in different forums ; I buy and gift good Islamic books etc etc .
"Sharing it with others", these others are non-Muslims, right? I also do Da'wah through internet by posting it on the forums, but that I did when I had enough time. Nowadays I am very busy and will more be in future, so I can't even spend one minute on things other than my studies! Please help me!:cry: M in so much trouble. Can you please answer my other questions too? May Allah reward you for helping me!

Sampharo
10-24-2009, 03:56 AM
....which belongs to Dr. Zakir Naik and he is a famous scholar who talks very authentically. I have heard Dr. Zakir Naik say it many times that Da'wah is Fard on every Muslim.

So now I am even more confused!:laugh: You say here that Da'wah is not compulsory for every Muslim and Dr. Zakir Naik, who is also a well known scholar ....
Sister, Dr Zakir Naik is a great man performing greatly on the path of dawah and may God reward him for that. Also Dawah is indeed a great deed no doubt. However, Dr Zakir Naik is a medical doctor, not a Shariah professor. He is a scholar by personal research and focused on comparative religion in terms of proof of God and Islam (versus christianity, judaism and athiesm). He is not a scholar of Fiqh who got degrees in classification of obligation or hadith.

Academic Scholars have many times tried to explain to people that there is a difference between DaAAiya (caller to God) and a Alim (scientist and scholar), and that DaAAiya's naturally need to have very good knowledge, but it focuses on faith and comparative religions in order to go out and call people and inspire them, while intricates of principals of jurisprudence need jurists and scholars of Hadith.

Dr Zakir Naik was either speaking generally without classifying Kifaya or Ain, or just made a mistake. He was not pronouncing a fatwa or classifying, because he is not qualified and if he did then he would be wrong and I am sure many scholars have corrected since and maybe he just didn't update since. and that should be yet another example why we gain knowledge before making dawah! ;D Because inadvertedly the good dr obviously made you feel responsible and guilty when you weren't really obligated.

بارك الله فيكم والسلام عليكم

Muslim Woman
10-24-2009, 04:30 AM

"Sharing it with others", these others are non-Muslims, right?
I don't think so . It could be with other Muslims also who don't know about something or knew but forgot .

I can't even spend one minute on things other than my studies! Please help me!:cry:
It's ok sis. Finish ur studies first ; make a good intention that u will be engaged more in dawah activities when u become a doctor. Also , try to recite at least 3 verses of Quran daily and share the meaning of the verses with ur bro / sis / friends . It won't take much time . InshaAllah u can make it :)

In the meantime , u can donate some good Islamic books to any library or sponsor a Qurane Hafizz ( if u can ) etc etc.

Also , Pray to Allah so that He increases your knowledge and ability for dawah.

Muslim Woman
10-24-2009, 04:45 AM

...my career would depend on how well I perform in A-Level.
yes sis , try to concentrate on ur study now. What you will say about Islam now as an undergraduate and later as a doc , it will makes a lot of differences.

People will give much importance on what a doctor is saying about religion than what a young girl who has not finished her studies yet is saying.

May Allah help you to complete your study . Be qualified , then start dawah work. If u don't have time to read Islamic books now ; audio CD is available . While going to college and on the way back home , u can listen to CD .

Don't give much pressure on you. Guidance come from Allah . So ,pray for your non-Muslims friends /neighbours.

Masuma
10-24-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't think so . It could be with other Muslims also who don't know about something or knew but forgot .

It's ok sis. Finish ur studies first ; make a good intention that u will be engaged more in dawah activities when u become a doctor. Also , try to recite at least 3 verses of Quran daily and share the meaning of the verses with ur bro / sis / friends . It won't take much time . InshaAllah u can make it :)

In the meantime , u can donate some good Islamic books to any library or sponsor a Qurane Hafizz ( if u can ) etc etc.

Also , Pray to Allah so that He increases your knowledge and ability for dawah.
:wasalamex

Thank you so much sis for the gud advice. I'll try to avail my time in the best possible way.

Also that the topic requires more research that whether it is compulsory on every Muslim or not. This, inshAllah, Allah will make me find out.

You all have been so helpful throughout. I'll pray to Allah to show guidance to us all. Ameen!

Allahafiz!:statisfie

Woodrow
10-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Just a few thoughts.

It makes no difference if Da'wah is or is not an obligation. It is inevitable and unavoidable.

All we do and say is Da'wah the second a non-Muslim knows we are Muslim. Our words an actions are what a non-believer will see as being Islam. Every word we write on this forum is Da'wah.

The only question is, "are we leading people to or away from Islam?" in our Da'wah. It is only lgical we should therefore act with care and speak with care and be aware we are spreading Da'wah even as we reply on these boards.

Let us be certain our Da'wah is spreading truth and not misleading others.

Muslim Woman
10-26-2009, 12:50 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

...The only question is, "are we leading people to or away from Islam?"
It reminds me of a comment of Yusuf Islam ( Cat Stevens ). He became Muslim after reading Quran . At that time he never meet any Muslim.

After reading that , I said . Alhamdulillah that he did not get that
chance . :hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.