/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with islamic prejudice...

OmerAsadAllah
10-21-2009, 09:42 PM
:sl:
I go to a High School that is brainwashed by the propaganda the news and media has fed them. A lot of them after getting acquainted will ask me what my name is, and after they find out that it is Omer they ask me if I'm muslim. I proudly proclaim that I am. A lot of people are Okay and don't mind it one bit and i have a lot of friends that aren't arrogant and don't believe everything they hear about Islam, but there are those who are arrogant and will confront me and make fun of me for my religion, at times i feel the urge to punch them in the face and really hurt them but I'm quick to remember that it isn't worth it and it is only the temptations, and work of shaytan so i say Aootho billah min al shaytan al rajeem and answer to them with nothing but kind words. One time I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and i found written on the wall "Muslims are terrorists" ," Watch out for the muslim devil worshippers".Sometimes when i walk by some in the halls there are those ignorant people who make gun sounds and start screaming allah allah in a degrading way that only makes me feel sorry for them for what Allah has stored for them in the hereafter and i say to them "may God guide you". I have read a verse from the quran but i don't recall the exact surah and ayah that said:
"And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace. "
So i always keep this in mind. How exactly do i deal with this behavior? Are there any ahadith that show you in detail or a Quranic verse or verses that give you a clear understanding as what to do? Sometimes there are those who aren't arrogant that ask me questions about islam and i answer them giving them an understanding about what the faith is really about. Hopefully there were be a lot of advice given : ).
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
10-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Salaam.

Continue to ignore them. That is the only way you can deal with them. Getting angry or arguing with them will not work since they have no intention of listening to what you have to say and they want you to get angry or to react. They are simply being provocative.

If the situation is spiraling out of control you could always complain to the teachers.

tresbien
10-21-2009, 10:05 PM
ALLAH WILL REWRAD U.WARD OFF SATAN WHISPERS.Now his plot is to turn his party against u after u have weaken him and can have little authority over u.i seek refuge in ALLAH FROM SATAN.READ AYAT AL KURSI AND ADKAR OF MORNING AND EVENING.FAST ALSO TO SUFFOCATE HIM and control u self.
tommorrow is thursday how about if u fast my brothers and sisters.benefit before it is late

OmerAsadAllah
10-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Thanks for your advice guys.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
10-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Make sure you ignore them.be nice to those who are nice to you.others, just ignore .. by actions you should showw what islam is :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.