/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need a scholar

Rasema
10-22-2009, 01:33 AM
:salamext:
I have a lot of questions. They are important because they are about the commands of Islam that must be practiced. I need a scholar. I have been researching to find answers regarding similar issues. Since my questions are pertaining to my situation I must speak to a scholar. I've asked forums but members tell me that I need a scholar.

Is there anyone that has access to scholars?
I have messeged a plenty but no responces,well, not a scholar directly but their sites such as Islamic qa. I have been waiting for countless months.I have tried many sites.

What I have observed reading fatwas is that some scholars restrict a ruling to a higher degree while others are pretty lenient, sort of cut the ruling back.May Allah,subhana wa ta'ala, forgive me if I am wrong. I trust the scholars.

And I would like a scholar following Hanbali's fiqh if possible, please.If not, then a scholar that doesn't follow a madhab. Okay, just access me to scholars please.:( To tell you the truth, this fiqh stuff is very very depressing.

Thank you very much.
What an exessive post to such a simple question,sorry.:heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
10-22-2009, 02:14 AM
AskImam.com...

Are you in UK? DarulIftaa.com. They have calling times where you can call.

Insha'Allah very soon we shall introduce a scholars' board onto this forum...

Woodrow
10-22-2009, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
:salamext:
I have a lot of questions. They are important because they are about the commands of Islam that must be practiced. I need a scholar. I have been researching to find answers regarding similar issues. Since my questions are pertaining to my situation I must speak to a scholar. I've asked forums but members tell me that I need a scholar.

Is there anyone that has access to scholars?
I have messeged a plenty but no responces,well, not a scholar directly but their sites such as Islamic qa. I have been waiting for countless months.I have tried many sites.

What I have observed reading fatwas is that some scholars restrict a ruling to a higher degree while others are pretty lenient, sort of cut the ruling back.May Allah,subhana wa ta'ala, forgive me if I am wrong. I trust the scholars.

And I would like a scholar following Hanbali's fiqh if possible, please.If not, then a scholar that doesn't follow a madhab. Okay, just access me to scholars please.:( To tell you the truth, this fiqh stuff is very very depressing.

Thank you very much.
What an exessive post to such a simple question,sorry.:heated:
Probably the best known Hanbali Scholar is Shaykh Haitham bin Jawwad al-Haddad

Here is a little information abot him:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...05-10-2-a.html

On this next link scroll down to the post by the_wrong_guy

http://www.islamicaweb.com/forums/re...-scholars.html

Starting in January he will be offering counseling online here:

http://www.tayyibun.co.uk/index.php?...d=62&Itemid=62

جوري
10-22-2009, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad

That is excellent news.. thanks..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
10-22-2009, 04:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
AskImam.com...

Are you in UK? DarulIftaa.com. They have calling times where you can call.

Sister Rasema is in Florida, but in which city she is living is unknown.

She want to learns Islamic knowledge from a Salafi scholar. But I guess, very very difficult to find Salafi Islamic teacher in her city, even in whole Florida.
Her only way to learn Islamic knowledge is learn from internet.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-22-2009, 05:19 AM
:sl:
cant you get in touch with your local imam and/or imams from other states/towns, etc within the US :?

Khaldun
10-22-2009, 06:14 AM

Post your question here and if I have time I will go to a scholars house and ask.

Argamemnon
10-22-2009, 12:09 PM
I have many many questions as well, but I have decided to concentrate on doing good deeds, pray, give charity etc. instead of seeking an answer to every question that comes to my mind. Having said that, I have also decided to study Arabic and Islam, inshallah..

Rasema
10-22-2009, 07:21 PM
I thank you for all of your replies. I have tries Ask imam before but I have issues using technology as well:hmm:

I will try to send them my questions again.

I see what you mean brother Argamemnon. But, these questions are pertaining to commands of Allah that must be takes seriously and that must be practiced no matter in what sistuation you are. You mean that I should practice them to the extent I can and even though I asked the scholar there would be no solution because I'm not in the power to change things. But no, I need to know how many days I have to make up for not fasting during Ramadhan in the past becasue I was born in a non-practicing family.If I have to make them up. The punishment for not fasting one day, purposley, you must make up 60 days foe each day.There are further options that I cannot observe either. And I have many other questions.

Rasema
10-22-2009, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
cant you get in touch with your local imam and/or imams from other states/towns, etc within the US :?
:wa:

I have called my mesjid in the past for the times of the prayer. The imam had given me his email but he told me that he isn't a scholar. I'll see with these websites. Sounds good brother Woodrow. Thanks everyone. May Allah,subhana wa ta'ala, reward you all for each letter.

Woodrow
10-22-2009, 08:33 PM
One thing to be cautious of in seeking a scholar do not be confused by the title of Sheikh (Shayk, Sheik, Shaik) as a person can be a Sheikh without being a scholar. Although scholars are entitled to use the title, it is not limited to scholars for example an older male with a long gray beard will have the title as a respect of age. I have the title of sheikh in the masjids I go to, but it is respect for my age, I am not a scholar.

Rasema
10-22-2009, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
One thing to be cautious of in seeking a scholar do not be confused by the title of Sheikh (Shayk, Sheik, Shaik) as a person can be a Sheikh without being a scholar. Although scholars are entitled to use the title, it is not limited to scholars for example an older male with a long gray beard will have the title as a respect of age. I have the title of sheikh in the masjids I go to, but it is respect for my age, I am not a scholar.
Oh, I was confused about this before. Thanks for explainig brother. Islam never stops surprising me. I like this because the scholars don't distinguish themselves if you know what I mean.

Thank you shayk.

Muhammad
10-22-2009, 09:24 PM

About Fiqh - presumably you mean differences of opinion... have a look at this. It's by Shaykh Haitham Al-Haddad and it's less than 5 mins:

Hear&Obey: Ikhtilaf: How to deal with Differences

EDIT - He has a fatwa line in the UK and also an email contact which might be worth a try Insha'Allaah: http://www.mrdf.co.uk/component/opti...tact/Itemid,3/

Beardo
10-22-2009, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Sister Rasema is in Florida, but in which city she is living is unknown.

She want to learns Islamic knowledge from a Salafi scholar. But I guess, very very difficult to find Salafi Islamic teacher in her city, even in whole Florida.
Her only way to learn Islamic knowledge is learn from internet.
In America, there's a large scholar population. ESPECIALLY in the East coast where she is. And, what you call, "Salafi".

Rasema
10-22-2009, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

About Fiqh - presumably you mean differences of opinion... have a look at this. It's by Shaykh Haitham Al-Haddad and it's less than 5 mins:

Hear&Obey: Ikhtilaf: How to deal with Differences

EDIT - He has a fatwa line in the UK and also an email contact which might be worth a try Insha'Allaah: http://www.mrdf.co.uk/component/opti...tact/Itemid,3/
That was an amazing video. Great scholar. Islam surprises me even more. So Islam was studies(Hadeeths and the Qur'an,ashaba's deeds etc..)to the point that nothing can be added to it, no one can study it furthur because that is what the Qur'an, hadeeths etc.. say. But there are minor things that you cannot understand from the Qur'an and the hadeeths so that is why you have madhabs. But Salafi mathology seems to me as if it is excluded. I am not talking about Salafi sect but the Salafs who use as a linguistic term "Salafi" who are the followers of the Salaf methodology.

Woodrow
10-22-2009, 10:25 PM
That was an amazing video. Great scholar. Islam surprises me even more. So Islam was studies(Hadeeths and the Qur'an,ashaba's deeds etc..)to the point that nothing can be added to it, no one can study it furthur because that is what the Qur'an, hadeeths etc.. say. But there are minor things that you cannot understand from the Qur'an and the hadeeths so that is why you have madhabs. But Salafi mathology seems to me as if it is excluded. I am not talking about Salafi sect but the Salafs who use as a linguistic term "Salafi" who are the followers of the Salaf methodology.
Just my opinion. There is no way there can be a Salafi madhab.

The Salafi were the eye witness followers. They had Muhammad(PBUH) to personally answer any question. For several reasons it is doubtful any of them ever read the Qur'an, there was no need, they heard it as it was being revealed. Also because few people could read Arabic in those times. Arabic while being an ancient oral language had no written form until about 70 years before Our Prophet(PBUH) was born. The Qur'an is the first major written Arabic undertaking. The Ahadeeth were not written until after the last Salafi was long gone and the schools of Fiqh did not come about until after the Ahadeeth was written. We learn of the lives of the Salafi and how they worshiped through the Ahadeeth and the views of each of the 4 Madhabs. To follow the Madhabs is to follow the Salafi and we should not be tied to any one Madhab, to be full we must study all and follow the one we find we follow best. To learn how to copy the Salafi we must get the teachings of each of the 4 Madhabs.

Rasema
10-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Just my opinion. There is no way there can be a Salafi madhab.
But there is a Salafi methology.

Muhammad
10-22-2009, 11:03 PM

So Islam was studies(Hadeeths and the Qur'an,ashaba's deeds etc..)to the point that nothing can be added to it, no one can study it furthur because that is what the Qur'an, hadeeths etc.. say. But there are minor things that you cannot understand from the Qur'an and the hadeeths so that is why you have madhabs. But Salafi mathology seems to me as if it is excluded. I am not talking about Salafi sect but the Salafs who use as a linguistic term "Salafi" who are the followers of the Salaf methodology.
Just to clarify - the video that I posted was relating to one specific source of Islam, which is the consensus of the scholars (Ijmaa').

Going back to Maddhabs - they don't add anything to the Qur'an and Sunnah, because as you said, this religion is complete and nothing can be added to it. The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) fulfilled his role in explaining the deen to us. I think brother Maalik explained the role of maddhabs quite well earlier:

format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik
Think of a fruit juicer - you put in different fruit and get different types of juices. Put in different fruits at different amounts and you get a slightly different flavor.

Islamic law is derived from the Qur'an, the Sunnah, Ijma' (consensus) and Qiyaas (analogy).

A madhab is like the fruit juicer - you take the fruits (the Qur'an, the Sunnah, Ijma' and Qiyaas), apply different 'settings' (settings are the 4 different madhabs) and you get a slightly different ruling, depending on how the 'fruits' were analyzed.
Shaykh Haitham also has another video about maddhabs, as well as an article which will Insha'Allaah provide a detailed insight:

All About Maddhabs

Hanafi Salafism: An Oxymoron?

The Salafi were the eye witness followers. They had Muhammad(PBUH) to personally answer any question. For several reasons it is doubtful any of them ever read the Qur'an, there was no need, they heard it as it was being revealed. Also because few people could read Arabic in those times. Arabic while being an ancient oral language had no written form until about 70 years before Our Prophet(PBUH) was born. The Qur'an is the first major written Arabic undertaking. The Ahadeeth were not written until after the last Salafi was long gone and the schools of Fiqh did not come about until after the Ahadeeth was written. We learn of the lives of the Salafi and how they worshiped through the Ahadeeth and the views of each of the 4 Madhabs. To follow the Madhabs is to follow the Salafi and we should not be tied to any one Madhab, to be full we must study all and follow the one we find we follow best. To learn how to copy the Salafi we must get the teachings of each of the 4 Madhabs.
If I may just add a few clarifications to this:

The meaning of 'Salaf' is not restricted to eye witnesses, but include the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wassallam) and the Imaams of guidance (may Allaah be pleased with them) from the first three generations, those whose goodness Allaah's Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) bore witness to in his statement:

"The best of mankind is my generation, then those who follow them, then those who follow them. Then there will come people where bearing witness of one of them will precede his taking an oath and his taking an oath will be his bearing witness." [Ahmad, Al-Bukhari, Muslim]

More info: http://www.islamicboard.com/methodol...alafiyyah.html

Although there were illiterate people at that time, there were also a number of learned people who not only wrote down the verses of the Qur'an as they were revealed, but also hadeeth of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam). This latter point is mentioned in detail here: http://www.islamicboard.com/212874-post5.html

Sister Rasema - in addition to the other links provided, please also use the multaqa forums that brother Maalik mentioned earlier. I will close this thread to prevent us re-iterating what was discussed in the earlier thread. You can PM me if you need it reopened Insha'Allaah.

May Allaah (swt) increase you in knowledge and understanding of His religion, Aameen.

Thread closed.

Woodrow
10-22-2009, 11:25 PM

But there is a Salafi methology.

That is true. I would suggest you seek out and read of the history of it. So far the only ones I know who claim to live that methodology, live in Rapid City South Dakota. I will only say they do not seem to be the same as Muslims I have met in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria and Syria. Nor are they like Muslims I know from Iraq, Iran, Malaysia or Indonesia.

From what I have read it is a fairly new movement about 200 years old. It had been known by several other names in the past most associated with the name of it's founder. It seems to have spread the most in Iran and Pakistan. Becoming more visible in very recent years.

I suggest you use any means available to learn more of their history and remember only you are responsible for your choices.

I do not want to see this thread turn into a sectarian discussion. Check your PMs.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.