/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Vit D...

Ummu Sufyaan
10-22-2009, 07:02 AM
:sl:
this isnt for me...
what are the causes of vitamin D deficiency. i know lack of sun light is one of them, but what about through diet :?
how can one regain their vitamin D levels to an acceptable level. what are the foods etc that can help to regain vitamin D levels.
is it essential for one to take supplements to get their vitamin D levels back on track or is there an alternative?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
10-22-2009, 01:10 PM
If a person is deficient in Vitamin D their body wont retain the calcium they get from Milk,cheese and so on to enable them to get really strong bones

so i will tell you what i do....i stack up tuna cans and have one full can once or twice a day its a good source of vitamin d....

Eggs are also good....and liver too

supplement are good but just remember fresh tuna fish you'll get protein and other nutrients ...so go for tuna!

Ummu Sufyaan
10-23-2009, 02:54 AM
^jazakllahu khair. do you know what the symptoms of a vitD deficiency is...
and i thought liver was known to be a good source of Iron?

syilla
10-23-2009, 03:14 AM
In Malaysia, we eat liver too...however, it seems that liver is not good for the memory told by most of the teachers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
10-23-2009, 05:20 AM
Who gets vitamin D deficiency?

It is easiest to understand this if you know where vitamin D comes from. Vitamin D is made in the skin with the help of sunlight – this is the main source of vitamin D. It needs bare skin and direct sunlight (not through a window). People with darker skins will need more sun to get the same amount of vitamin D. Vitamin D is also found in certain foods: liver, some types of fish, and egg yolk. Some cereals or margarines contain added vitamin D.

Growing children, pregnant women, and breastfeeding women need extra vitamin D because it is required for growth. So, vitamin D deficiency is more likely to develop in the following groups of people:

* People who get very little sunlight on their skin such as those who are stay indoors a lot, or cover up when outside, for example, if wearing a veil.
* People with conditions that affect the way the body handles vitamin D such as those with coeliac disease, Crohn’s disease, and some types of liver and kidney disease.
* People taking certain medicines: carbamezepine, phenytoin, primidone or barbiturates.
* People with dark skins or of South Asian origin, elderly people, and those with a family history of vitamin D deficiency.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Vita...Deficiency.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!