/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Facebook boycott

Masuma
10-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Rahim!

:sl:

Boycott FB on the 24th of Oct for the sake of our beloved Prophet Muhammad.

As we reported all Hate Groups but they are not deleted by FB Authorities.:raging:

Together we can make a difference as authorities will lose millions of dollars if we do it just for one day.

So join hands with us!

Do it so that you may say to the beloved Prophet on the Day of Judgment that this was the least you did for him!:cry:

May Allah make us love our Nabi (s.a.w) more than ourselves and our families. Amen!

Allahafiz!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2009, 05:54 PM
why not boycott it for life? lol

Masuma
10-22-2009, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Yeh seems a better option!;D

If the Authorities won't delete the Hate Groups, they will inshAllah then lose millions of its members!:raging:

Woe to the anti-Islamic propaganda!

titus
10-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Has an online boycott ever worked?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
10-22-2009, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
No idea.

I don't even use Facebook.

yasin ibn Ahmad
10-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Lets boycott facebook !

zakirs
10-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Create a Muslimbook :P

GreyKode
10-22-2009, 06:56 PM

I agree with you, we shouldn't be using at all, there is no good that ever came from it.

Masuma
10-22-2009, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
Dunno! I think online boycott is not actually a true boycott. Boycott it completely. Don't get online the whole day of 24th Oct!

Let the Authorities of FB have the bitter taste of their pathetic attempts to malign the Beloved Prophet!

Better plans are to create a Muslimbook as suggested by bro, or to use the FB itself for propagating Islam. Fill the whole FB with Islam. ;D

Masuma
10-22-2009, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
I agree with you, we shouldn't be using at all, there is no good that ever came from it.
But bro, things are only a tool. We can use it for gud or bad purposes. It entirely depends on us. As I suggested before, fill the whole of face book with Islam. When the authorities will see every where Islam and Islam there, they will really regret messing around with MUSLIMS!;D

zakirs
10-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Better plans are to create a Muslimbook as suggested by bro, or to use the FB itself for propagating Islam. Fill the whole FB with Islam.
Incedentally i suggested the same to an admin sometime ago lol :)

titus
10-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Using Facebook I have been able to reconnect with classmates and friends of mine from school, and was able to attend my 20th high school reunion. I found, through Facebook, that a very good friend of mine from then had moved near where I had moved to and I was able to start hanging out with him again. I have also been able to find friends that have moved away and use it to keep in contact with them. We are able to share pictures and I am able to see their families and not lose contact with them.

I would consider that good.

Mr.President
10-22-2009, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
Create a Muslimbook :P
I don't think thats a good idea !!
any way boycott FB

most my friends are addicted to FB !!!1 :cry:

AlHoda
10-22-2009, 08:59 PM
I never used Facebook is tht a boycot?

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
10-22-2009, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
I never used Facebook is tht a boycot?
i never used it too, but my smaller bro does n hez verrrry well addicted to it with somekinda crazy game:phew.....

AlHoda
10-22-2009, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujaheedah
i never used it too, but my smaller bro does n hez verrrry well addicted to it with somekinda crazy game:phew.....
I heard a lot about it, but i myself have been adiccted to the smae kind of sites

Blackpool
10-22-2009, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za

As we reported all Hate Groups but they are not deleted by FB Authorities.:raging:

Together we can make a difference as authorities will lose millions of dollars if we do it just for one day.

So join hands with us!

Do it so that you may say to the beloved Prophet on the Day of Judgment that this was the least you did for him!:cry:

May Allah make us love our Nabi (s.a.w) more than ourselves and our families. Amen!

Allahafiz!
Not a chance. I have many friends, old school friends, ex girlfriend, and colleagues on facebook. It's a great social networking site :shade:

The amount of old lost friends I've found via facebook is amazing, it's like friends reunited but better!

Najm
10-22-2009, 10:39 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

I guess it also depends on what you use fb for....

FiAmaaniAllah

GuestFellow
10-22-2009, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
Not a chance. I have many friends, old school friends, ex girlfriend, and colleagues on facebook. It's a great social networking site :shade:

The amount of old lost friends I've found via facebook is amazing, it's like friends reunited but better!
I heard it is also addictive....like forums. :skeleton:

Caller الداعي
10-22-2009, 11:24 PM
ye i think fb is just a waste of time and destroys society

syilla
10-23-2009, 06:08 AM
i use fb to communicate with my relatives....and updates with them with lots of things.

The game is not that great anyway...after you got fedup when you have to update it everyday.

and anyway...rather than boycott them...can we just spamm the admin emails?

noorseeker
10-23-2009, 06:45 AM
They dont make money off us anyway

Woodrow
10-23-2009, 11:48 AM
I made the mistake of joining Face Book about 2 years ago. Now even though I requested to have my account deleted and tried to erase my profile and have not been to the site in a long time I still often get email notices that somebody has left a message on my "wall", whatever the heck my wall is.

~Raindrop~
10-23-2009, 12:31 PM
^^ me too!! its amazing how that miraculously happens. :hmm:

OmarAlexander
10-23-2009, 12:39 PM
I quit facebook earlier this year after I got locked out of it when my college email was shut down (i graduated in may).

Ive tried to get facebook to either delete the account or let me log in once to do it, but emailing the admins seems to accomplish nothing. I figure my page will get taken down eventually from inactivity, or else maybe one of my friends can try reporting my page for a "terms of service" issue :P

I dont understand how a facebook boycott would do anything. How does facebook make money off of us that we can affect in one day? I would assume much of their money comes from ads, and there would still be millions of viewers on facebook that day.

No offense to the original poster, just not sure how it would work. But being that facebook quasi-kicked me off, I'll be boycotting it with you! ;D

OurIslamic
10-23-2009, 12:41 PM
I will be joining you.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
10-23-2009, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I made the mistake of joining Face Book about 2 years ago. Now even though I requested to have my account deleted and tried to erase my profile and have not been to the site in a long time I still often get email notices that somebody has left a message on my "wall", whatever the heck my wall is.
format_quote Originally Posted by aisha
^^ me too!! its amazing how that miraculously happens. :hmm:
me three! i get emails saying that so n so added u n blahblah... just keep deleting them all the time..:heated:

ardianto
10-23-2009, 01:45 PM
I never use Facebook, even I don't know how to use it.

But I was a translator for a guy who used Facebook in his Blackberry. One day he asked me to translate a message from an European woman. I read that message and, ......... Astaghfirullah al Adzim ...!! .. how can a woman say words like that to non-mahram ...??. :heated:

NYCmuslim
10-23-2009, 01:51 PM
No offense, but millions of people use facebook everyday How is a handful of people not using it for 1 day (or indefintely) going to affect them? I never used fb myself because I think its a waste of time.

Peace
:w:

Masuma
10-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Peace be on you!

Nobody asked you to boycott it. I asked my Muslim brothers and sisters to boycott FB for our Prophet's sake. Of course you won't be interested in it cuz you are not a Muslim. I am not forcing you to do anything. But at least don't support something wrong. Everyone knows that abusing another person publicly is even against manners and formal speech. But again, nobody asks you to support good and forbid what is wrong. You can do whatever you like.

FB has done same magic for me but I prefer my Prophet on everything else of this world. Friends are just nothing compared to him (s.a.w).

May Allah show you guidance!

Masuma
10-23-2009, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
rather than boycott them...can we just spamm the admin emails?
Do both! Sis, can't you just boycott it for 1 day? Boycott it on 24th of Oct only.

Then spamming is just too perfect an idea to do, especially with the adminstration of FB.;D

Boycott for one day only won't be that much a big deal. I know the addiction people have with FB, but Muslims should have more addiction with our beloved Prophet!

Masuma
10-23-2009, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OmarAlexander
I'll be boycotting it with you! ;D
Gud to know that! Btw, I too think that they make money through ads. And you are also right that there will be millions of other people on FB, and a small number boycotting it won't make a big difference, but still, this is a very gud and common way of showing your anger.

I myself don't think that boycotting it would make a big difference, but still, I'll not miss even a single chance, no matter how useless it is, of proving my love to the Prophet. If people are requesting that boycott FB for one day, I don't think they are asking me a very big favor.

If all Muslims boycott FB on 24th Oct, I think that that will be a gr8 number.

Woodrow
10-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Gud to know that! Btw, I too think that they make money through ads. And you are also right that there will be millions of other people on FB, and a small number boycotting it won't make a big difference, but still, this is a very gud and common way of showing your anger.

I myself don't think that boycotting it would make a big difference, but still, I'll not miss even a single chance, no matter how useless it is, of proving my love to the Prophet. If people are requesting that boycott FB for one day, I don't think they are asking me a very big favor.

If all Muslims boycott FB on 24th Oct, I think that that will be a gr8 number.
If 75% of their members boycotted, I doubt if the remaining members would even be aware of it. I still look like an active member there and it has been at least a year since I request my membership be deleted.

Masuma
10-23-2009, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
They dont make money off us anyway
Oh no,no,no bro, they do! Ads marketing is their key and a perfect source of making money.

Companies pay it for having their ads posted there. Thats why you will find ads everywhere on FB.

Masuma
10-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I dunno ppl how thats gonna affect FB but it's just for one day! If you want to do it then do, if don't, your choice.

Maybe the reduced online traffic of users would inflict some kind of loss on them. I mean contextual marketing depends on the users but yeah right, not on user's activity or online status! Maybe, the number of pages visited per day on FB reduces from 1.5 billion to 1 lakh or some other reduced figure.

Also that I read there are about 1.3 million users online during peak hours! Wohoho!

So the day when users' online traffic would decrease, it'll at least make the administration of FB to think of the possible cause. Then we can later threat them to delete Hate Groups, otherwise, these "boycottings" will become more frequent. ;)

Woodrow
10-23-2009, 09:49 PM
I dunno ppl how thats gonna affect FB but it's just for one day! If you want to do it then do, if don't, your choice.

Maybe the reduced online traffic of users would inflict some kind of loss on them. I mean contextual marketing depends on the users but yeah right, not on user's activity or online status! Maybe, the number of pages visited per day on FB reduces from 1.5 billion to 1 lakh or some other reduced figure.

Also that I read there are about 1.3 million users online during peak hours! Wohoho!

So the day when users' online traffic would decrease, it'll at least make the administration of FB to think of the possible cause. Then we can later threat them to delete Hate Groups, otherwise, these "boycottings" will become more frequent. ;)
Good point. although the members may not be aware of a boycott the admins will when they see the drop in bandwidth being used

Argamemnon
10-23-2009, 09:50 PM
We don't have to respond to every barking dog.

Humbler_359
10-23-2009, 10:00 PM

So join hands with us!

Allahafiz!

:sl: Sister,

I do have facebook for relatives, family, and some friends, I haven't used it often much, does it mean I boycott FB already? :embarrass

Mujahideen92
10-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Brothers and sisters dont bother yourself too much about these hate groups. They are only wasting their own time, personally i pity them

czgibson
10-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Greetings,
Let the Authorities of FB have the bitter taste of their pathetic attempts to malign the Beloved Prophet!
What have the authorities of Facebook actually done to upset you? You mention hate groups, but that's a value judgement, and if they haven't been banned then someone evidently disagrees with that label. Have you got any examples of the "hate groups" you're talking about, and the kinds of things they've done?

Peace

Muezzin
10-26-2009, 06:00 PM
I think Facebook does not close groups as a matter of policy. They seem to think the groups are self-regulating, what with the group starters' self-assigned moderators.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Ramadhan
10-27-2009, 07:40 AM
I wonder if there have been "anti-semitic" groups banned at Facebook.

With the founder's name of Marc Zuckerberg, it would not surprise me.

Fטлку
10-27-2009, 08:40 AM
I knew about the boycott but forgot which day it was...ooops :embarrass lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.