/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lonely

AlHoda
10-22-2009, 08:50 PM
:sl:
Im a 17 year old muslim girl. I just have enrolled in university. I quite find it hard to make some friends, i live in egypt. I practiclly never had any real friends, they always became friends with me cuz they pity me. Now that i am in university,everyone around me seems to be making so many sins. every time i walk through those uni doors, i feel lonely, every one around me is commting so many sins. It just makes me depressed, there just doesnt seem to be good muslim in my uni. Any advice?

My Allah be with all of us

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-22-2009, 09:06 PM
subhanAllaah

we were all there at a point sis, that was me in secondary

inshAllaah you'll find many good pious friends

stay strong

Assalamu Alaikum

AlHoda
10-22-2009, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
subhanAllaah

we were all there at a point sis, that was me in secondary

inshAllaah you'll find many good pious friends

stay strong

Assalamu Alaikum
:sl::statisfie Thank you for your support, i feel a little bit better.

Afifa
10-22-2009, 09:13 PM

Dont worry Inshallah as you settle in you'll find people that you get along well with. One thing to just remember that nobody is perfect and so you will never find someone that does not sin at all. Just give it some time and you'l soon recgonise the different people that are there. Also think of it this way... you could be a good influence on them and vice versa they good be good influences on you. Just keep your trust on Allah and Inshallah you'l be ok. :)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
10-22-2009, 10:01 PM
This was exaclty how i felt when i was in my first year of university sister, I was 17 too.Don't worry .. In the mess you will find a few nice friends who are good muslims too :).It will take some time.

Dont worry you will fell better soon :)

Hayfa
10-22-2009, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
Im a 17 year old muslim girl. I just have enrolled in university. I quite find it hard to make some friends, i live in egypt. I practiclly never had any real friends, they always became friends with me cuz they pity me. Now that i am in university,everyone around me seems to be making so many sins. every time i walk through those uni doors, i feel lonely, every one around me is commting so many sins. It just makes me depressed, there just doesnt seem to be good muslim in my uni. Any advice?

Asalaamualykum Sister,

I feel for you because sometimes i also feel like this.

If it helps i can tell you sometimes situations like this happen for the better, Like you said there doesnt seem to be any good muslims at your uni and because of this its better to just stay away from all he fitnah.

Try using this time alone to come closer to Allahh , in my experiance i had the choice to make friends with these people or stay away from them and Alhumduilah its best to stay away.

Make Allah and Beloved Muhammed :saws1: your BEST friend.

Don't worry make dua InshaAllah things will be fine

Cabdullahi
10-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Being alone is better..........friends waste your time,introduce you to fitna and also most of them smell................

Fטлку
10-23-2009, 11:30 AM
awwww..it can't be that bad :wub:
You're being too judgmental. Nobody's perfect. I'm sure you have committed sins too.
All you have to do is be nice to people and help 'em out. And of course, show 'em your pearly whites!
In time you'll find great friends who will always be there for you :)
And if nothing works out, don't worry, you'll still have virtual friends. We're always here :p
Have some chocolate to turn that frown upside down.. ^_^

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Being alone is better..........friends waste your time,introduce you to fitna and also most of them smell................
You're probably friendless ^_^ :p

Ansariyah
10-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Everyone committs sins, one way or another. Its easy to focus on the sins we see others do but forget those we do.

Dont judge them, get to know them, try also being a little bit more open-minded.

We all need someone who knows better, if u know better they need u!:sunny:

OurIslamic
10-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Check to see if there's an Islamic related club or group in your university.

cat eyes
10-24-2009, 07:47 PM
yeah but those people shes probably talking about openly make it known that they commit sins and don't feel shame and are actually proud of it and those are the worst because they influence others. yes everybody commits sins but the one who makes it known to others is not a person ud want to befriend stay clear of them or if possible try to guide them on the right path inshaAllah

Aliyah_86
10-25-2009, 11:44 PM
I had the same problem sis throughout secondary school and college. However i was not as clever as you and fell in with the wrong crowd who influenced me in a very bad way. When I got to uni I thought it would be the same again, however Alhumdullilah I found some really good practising friends. Stay away from those who you think will influence you in a bad way sis, Insha'Allah you will find some good practising sisters you can be friends with, if not then I feel it is better to be alone and to get closer to Allah then to hang around with a bad crowd.

Hamza Asadullah
10-28-2009, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb my sister i hope you are in the best state of health and imaan.

My sister what we have to realise is that there will always be evil all around us. This life is a test and if there was no evil around us to tempt us off the right path then what kind of test would it be?

So this should make us even more determined to go towards Allah and to make him the happiest!

Just focus on yourself sister. Even if it means going to the library or the prayer room and sitting by yourself. It is better to be by yourself than to join yourself with the evil that goes on around you. At least you will be making the best of your time and remember the youth is SO important and we should do as much good as possible in our youth because we wil be questioned on it and our deeds at this age are much more precious to Allah than when were old and withered!

Eventually sister you will come across like minded sisters. When you least expect it you will come across some and you can all help each other to go towards Allah and give dawah to others. Whatever you do NEVER intermingle and befriend any guy even if he shows you he is religious! That is a big deception os shaythan and MANY youth have fallen in this trap and got SO hurt and scarred from it!

Do your studies and go to your classes and when your free do your work and study Islam and read the Qur'an with tafseer and do as much zikr as you can and Allah will be your friend then do you need anyone else?

Focus on making the best use of every second and to please Allah and when you least expect it you will find good pious friends inshallah but keep away from those who commit evil because we are who our friends are and if we involve ourselves with people like that then eventually their bad effects will rub of on us.

Here are some useful links to help you make the best use of EVERY second and get the closest to Allah! Please mention me in your duas! Allah hafiz

10 steps to increase our imaan(faith)

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40459

Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50628

VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49289

Samiun
10-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Assalamualaikum sister.

I too have this feeling. But a little luck for me, there are some Muslims that are great here :).

I wish you all the best in life and in the university. Although I said some Muslims were great, I still feel lonely in class. I ALWAYS feel lonely. This loneliness is just so hard to bear and one thing goes to another. :(

Is this life? Am I only tasting it's medicine?

Good Luck and all the best to you sister :)

AhmadibnNasroon
10-28-2009, 03:47 PM
May Allah give you patience ameen.

When I was at Uni I would just read books. I had 2 friends and we pretty much kept to ourselves. I got used to it and I learned to be somewhat anti-social lol. Always fill the feeling of emptiness with something. An unoccupied space will begin to grow and this leaves room for the shaytaan to whisper. Suddenly you find yourself sitting with people of no benefit, discussing nothing of benefit, and even exploring the option of sins. So don't wait for that to happen. Find something to replace it. Constantly remember Allah and keep yourself busy. This kinda effort goes towards many problems the youth will face because the reality is, you won't get much support or help from anyone else. You just have to learn to deal with it yourself.

May Allah make you strong ukhti, and know that you're not alone in this.

AhmadibnNasroon
10-28-2009, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
Assalamualaikum sister.

I too have this feeling. But a little luck for me, there are some Muslims that are great here :).

I wish you all the best in life and in the university. Although I said some Muslims were great, I still feel lonely in class. I ALWAYS feel lonely. This loneliness is just so hard to bear and one thing goes to another. :(

Is this life? Am I only tasting it's medicine?

Good Luck and all the best to you sister :)

The above goes for you too, lol.

AlHoda
10-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Thank you all for your advice, i also must admit that i have been too judgemental and ishallah i will take your advice.

May Allah bless you all. :D

Brasco
10-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Do not feel grieved! Actually, I'm in the same situation as you are :) but the difference here is, that I'm in a non-muslim country. However, I'm also alone! This might be due to that I'm the only foreigner in the class, but I do not care! Just think in a positive way, insha'allah, you are there to study :) I know we need to associate with other!! Kheir insha'allah!! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.