/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to learn salat?

Rabi Mansur
10-23-2009, 02:40 AM
:sl:

If someone were to want to learn the prayers, but had no contact with any Muslims or did not live near a Masjid, how could they learn the correct way to pray? If you don't speak any Arabic, how hard would it be to memorize the prayers? How long would it take to learn? Is there an easy way?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Salam, Rabimansur.

If a someone only want to know how to salat, this someone can learn salat from book or video. But he/she still need an Islamic teacher if he/she want to know his/her salat is correct or not.

I don't speak Arabic but I know what I say in salat because I have a translation of word in salat and Qur'an in my language. Qur'an and words in salat have translated in many language.

Memorize prayer is easy. If we can memorize a poem or song lyric in foreign language, we can memorize prayer.

:)

Rabi Mansur
10-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Is there a CD or something one could listen to in the car to practice memorizing?
Thanks!

:wa:

UmmSqueakster
10-26-2009, 07:54 PM
I learned from a set of cards a sister sent me. I have the cards reproduced here:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ac...c2dqcGc1&hl=en

There are a number of teach yourself salat programs on youtube. You listen to those, and read along from the cards to practice your pronunciation. Then, stand to pray with the cards in front of you. Read the arabic out loud, and then the meaning in english silently. inshaAllah in a few weeks or months, you'll have it memorized!

However, if you can find a chance to sit with someone who knows the prayers well, do it asap! I learned to pray on my own, and after I got married a few years later, had my husband listen to me pray. I was pronouncing quite a few things wrong :embarrass

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abrar88
12-29-2009, 08:24 PM
i learn it by my father...he was always calling me to salat with him when the masjed calling for salat....then by the day i use to run to my dad by my self till i start to salat without stoping...may be you should try to follow one of your family memember till you learn it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.